• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exciting News: 40 Open My Newsletter, But What Went Wrong?

In summary, HO went overboard with their policies and ended up having a customer order on my Director's webpage. They are trying to make it fair for all levels, but it seems like they are going a little too far in some cases.
linojackie
I sent my newsletter out this morning, and I've had 40 people open it so far, and six clicked on the links. I even had one lady call me to tell me she was ordering something from the outlet as we spoke!

The problem???

When she completed her transaction, she called me back to tell me the order went thru another consultant's website! I copied the links directly from my site to the outlet, the HWC items and the interactive catalog. What went wrong???

Can't put links directly to shopping or items in emails. You can only link to your PWS home page.

So I guess next month, I'll still put "click here to see more outlet items" and just have it go directly to to the PWS and have them navigate from there.

That's really dumb, why do they do that?

I don't know. But it used to be covered in the web policies, and there was an email about it a couple months ago.

I saw that, but I thought it said just pictures...oh well, hope it made a couple of consultants day to find a couple orders in their inbox! :)

sometimes, this techno crap gets really confusing!:grumpy:

Something similar happened to one of my consultants...a customer went onto her website to place an order...it somehow ended up on MY website and I got the sale. We had to cancel and re-place her order. It did it AGAIN! Customer refused to cancel a third time, so I gave my consultant several individual orders to add up to that amount.

Talk about a PITA!

And, it isn't easy to find the outlet, either. It would be nice to be able to have a link.

I had that happen, where my dad went to place an order and it ended up on my Director's webpage. We eneded up canceling the order and he reordered on my website.

Luckily, this month, there's a HWC link right on the PWS home page, so there is a shortcut to individual order shopping. Although that could be a bad thing if someone goes in, meaning to order on a show, and doesn't get the popup for host name.

The lady was actually a friend, neighbor and fellow DS consultant. I know she'll order from me again, so I wouldn't ask her to do that. I also know the director who got the sale from her order. I sent out an announcement about the error, so hopefully any future sales will go to my site!

And I was just getting ready to post a thread here asking how long before I could expect to see and email from all my orders! Talk about ironic!

HO goes a little overboard with the PWS policies, IMO! :)

Hathery said:
HO goes a little overboard with the PWS policies, IMO! :)

We've debated that topic on here NUMEROUS times. It is all part of protecting us and their intellectual property. They are trying to make it fair for all levels.

The only reason other DS companies aren't as strict I believe is because they are smaller and sometimes don't know any better. Given the ups and downs of the policies I believe overall there is more positive for us than negative.

janetupnorth said:
We've debated that topic on here NUMEROUS times. It is all part of protecting us and their intellectual property. They are trying to make it fair for all levels.

The only reason other DS companies aren't as strict I believe is because they are smaller and sometimes don't know any better. Given the ups and downs of the policies I believe overall there is more positive for us than negative.

That I can understand, but I don't see why, if I try to direct my customers to the correct page on my website through a link on an email, I shouldn't be able to do that. What is the difference which page I send it to whether it's the home page or the outlet page? I still had to do the work to get them there.

I have to agree with you on that point, Jackie.

linojackie said:
That I can understand, but I don't see why, if I try to direct my customers to the correct page on my website through a link on an email, I shouldn't be able to do that. What is the difference which page I send it to whether it's the home page or the outlet page? I still had to do the work to get them there.

That is a technical/programming issue, not a policy issue. I'd write or call HO with your concerns.

I was referring to the comment about the policies being overboard. If you read all the policies, I believe they are very reasonable.

It is a policy issue, although it's not outlined in the current policies. When PWS first came out, the information stated that we COULD NOT link to any page on our PWS except the main page. Even the individual news items were not supposed to be linked to. At that time, HO stated that any attempt to link to a non-home PWS page would direct customers to the lead pool. Unfortunately, I can't find that documentation on my system here.

How can you tell how many times it was opened, etc?????

You can't with PWS email (from customer connection). You can if you use a mailing provider like Constant Contact or iContact.

FHL said:
How can you tell how many times it was opened, etc?????

I use constant contact. I love it. If you want a referral, PM me. You get a $30 credit right off the bat!

1. What is the purpose of the "Exciting News" newsletter?

The "Exciting News" newsletter is meant to keep our customers updated on the latest products, promotions, and events at Pampered Chef.

2. Why did I not receive the "Exciting News" newsletter?

There could be several reasons for not receiving the newsletter. Please check your email spam or junk folder to ensure it did not get filtered there. You can also check your email preferences in your Pampered Chef account to make sure you have opted-in to receive our newsletters.

3. Can I sign up for the "Exciting News" newsletter if I am not a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, anyone can sign up for our newsletter on our website. Simply enter your email address in the designated field and click "Subscribe" to receive our newsletters.

4. How often is the "Exciting News" newsletter sent out?

The "Exciting News" newsletter is sent out once a month, usually at the beginning of the month.

5. How can I unsubscribe from the "Exciting News" newsletter?

To unsubscribe from our newsletter, simply click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email. You can also update your email preferences in your Pampered Chef account to stop receiving our newsletters.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• linojackie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
linojackie
  • KellyRedHead
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
L.Paz
  • KellyRedHead