• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lost My Career Sales: A Busy Mistake That Changed Everything

However, now there is no incentive for the speaker to continue selling and she may be selling a lot of supplies soon. Others in the conversation relate to her experience and offer advice and support.
pampchefrhondab
Wow, I've been so busy I made the stupid mistake of losing my career sales. I have been so busy I actually lost track of time. I put enough sales together to put a show in at the end of August to keep my sales, and forgot to send it in. I was half way through the day on Sept. 1st before I even realized it was Sept. I know sounds crazy, but it actually happend! I've been working two jobs.

I'm upset with myself, but it actually takes some stress off of me. Now I really don't care if I stay active. I don't have anything to lose anymore. I think PC makes a mistake by making you lose your career sales like this. Now I think I am going to stop selling. I just don't have the desire to do it anymore now. I wanted to stay active to keep my career sales before. Not ther is just no incentive to continue for me.

I may be selling a lot of supplies soon.

Sorry to hear this I understand when you get busy how times just slips away. Good luck on your adventures to come.

Oh, Rhonda... I lost mine by $25. I felt the same exact way you do and was thinking about selling PartyLite. Then, a girl called me and wanted to sign. So... I stayed. I even put in a waiver. What really stinks is that it was a problem with them charging my account for my PWS. I had updated my new account and it didn't take, so they put my status on hold and I couldn't submit anything. AND I got the notice after the 25th deadline for a waiver. Even though I fought it and had everything documented, it didn't matter. I don't think they should bend the rules for me, but I had proof that it wasn't my fault. I think with everyone working extra hard to support their families during these trying times, they should consider loosening some things, just to give people a break, a chance to catch up.

That happened to my former hospitality director. She had over $300k in career sales. She was working so much with a new job when the career plan had changed, she didn't know the results of being inactive for 2 months.
She was furious! She thought they at least would have sent an email notice (how hard is it really to program something like that in today's day and age, but I've long since lost much faith in the techies at PC for those common sense simple things). She's still bitter about it apparently. Not because of the 2% as much as the Career sales and how she felt she was treated after 6+ years of really hard work and great sales.

(((hugs))) I'm so sorry that you missed the deadline, but hope you'll make it a goal to get back in there & not make the same mistake twice. ;) I'd hate to see you loose your motivation over this. ;)

And where was your Director? :confused: She should have sent you a friendly reminder letting you know that you were getting close!

I understand what you are saying about being upset for losing career sales. Although I don't agree with being angry with the company. The policy and procedure manual is online at Consultant Corner for all of us to read at any time. It is our responsibility to stay abreast of all the career changes and they make all of that available to us. I'm sorry you lost your career sales, hopefully you will decide what is best for you and your business.

pampchefrhondab said:
Wow, I've been so busy I made the stupid mistake of losing my career sales. I have been so busy I actually lost track of time. I put enough sales together to put a show in at the end of August to keep my sales, and forgot to send it in. I was half way through the day on Sept. 1st before I even realized it was Sept. I know sounds crazy, but it actually happend! I've been working two jobs.

I'm upset with myself, but it actually takes some stress off of me. Now I really don't care if I stay active. I don't have anything to lose anymore. I think PC makes a mistake by making you lose your career sales like this. Now I think I am going to stop selling. I just don't have the desire to do it anymore now. I wanted to stay active to keep my career sales before. Not ther is just no incentive to continue for me.

I may be selling a lot of supplies soon.

I'm sorry you feel like this and that this happened to you but don't let it discourage you from the business! Maybe take a relook at your "why" in the business. These kind of things happen, life happens but the best thing about this business is that it is there for you when you need it. For some reason you have been in the business for this long, something kept you going!

esavvymom said:
That happened to my former hospitality director. She had over $300k in career sales. She was working so much with a new job when the career plan had changed, she didn't know the results of being inactive for 2 months.
She was furious! She thought they at least would have sent an email notice (how hard is it really to program something like that in today's day and age, but I've long since lost much faith in the techies at PC for those common sense simple things). She's still bitter about it apparently. Not because of the 2% as much as the Career sales and how she felt she was treated after 6+ years of really hard work and great sales.
They announced it over and over again, it really does suck that this happened to your HD director too but they have these rules for a reason, they want us to be active every month.

Sheila said:
(((hugs))) I'm so sorry that you missed the deadline, but hope you'll make it a goal to get back in there & not make the same mistake twice. ;) I'd hate to see you loose your motivation over this. ;)

And where was your Director? :confused: She should have sent you a friendly reminder letting you know that you were getting close!
I'm a TL and I do try to keep on top of my consultants but while I do let them know when they are close to being 6 months inactive, I do not have the time to watch each of them every month to check with them about losing their career sales. Plus I only have a small team, some of these directors may have too many people to watch out for when we should all know the rules that have been out for a year and a half.

chezshelly said:
I understand what you are saying about being upset for losing career sales. Although I don't agree with being angry with the company. The policy and procedure manual is online at Consultant Corner for all of us to read at any time. It is our responsibility to stay abreast of all the career changes and they make all of that available to us. I'm sorry you lost your career sales, hopefully you will decide what is best for you and your business.
Totally agree with this!

I know this all too well myself. I lost the first year of career sales which was only about $10,000 but hey, it was $10,000! However, I could not blame them, the rules was the rules. I knew the rules. Plus I could not blame my director. The saying is "It is YOUR business" is part of why most of us joined. If Joe Schmoe who owns the corner grocery store is his own boss and messes up, he can't blame the guy above him nor the companies whose products he sells. His creditors are not going to give him any slack in paying his bills or allowing him to slide on their payment rules they set up, it is his to own. Same here. When I first heard about the change in the "program", I went directly to the new procedures guide and made sure I understood it. So, whether you did that or not, is your own doing. When we each joined and signed that agreement, we were told up front that PC has rules and that by signing that piece of paper, we agreed to those rules as well as any subsequent changes they make as long as we are associated with the PC name. So keeping up with those rules is part of my job as the owner of my own PC business. If you break a law in the State of Indiana and live in Wisconsin, and you think the law you broke was really stupid and Wisconsin has no such law, Indiana will not drop the charge because ignorance of the law is not a defense. Same with PC. Ignorance of the rules is not a defense either. Being too busy is also not a defense. You own this business. If you intended to make it that, then you again have to own the responsibility of making sure those deadlines are met. I am sitting here saying this because I am not working a full time job, I have time to keep up with the rules. Here are a few I am living with currently that I wish could be changed but know they won't be. 1) I want calendars. They must be ordered by the 15th and I know I won't have the money. I would love to order them in October when I know I could buy them. The deadline was set by PC and I can not change that so I know I will go without. 2) Samples must be ordered by the 30th. Same thing. 3) I want a Spice Turn-About tote. Did not get and won't as it is not being offered on the supply orders. 4) I have a PWS payment to make, can't. So I am closing it down. No choice. But those are the rules. I can not ask them to change this because I do not have the money. I do not set those deadlines, but making them is on me. Not PC. I know the deadlines and it was or is up to me to make them. If you want this job of what is toted as "your business", and that "you are the boss", then you need to "own" it all. Their rules as well as your own rules. We can not rewrite their rules to fit our lives. We can however, keep up with those changes. TS, Mary Kay, TW and the rest all have rules too and I know some of them are much more strict than ours. Without those rules in place, this business would be chaos. And we all know how well that works! PC would have been gone a long time ago without rules. So good, bad or ugly, we have to own the mistakes we make. The guy on the corner with the store, would certainly have to own his errors and would also have to accept the consequences. So do we as business owners. We just happen to have a decent buffer behind us. It is so easy to blame your director or the company for our own oversights, it is not funny. If you are doing that, and I did, I had to re-evaluate how I felt about doing PC. It meant something was NOT right with my business. If there is something not right with MY business, it is not on them, it is on me. I am not being mean here. It is just a matter of letting go and remembering that ultimately we are all responsible for every aspect of what happens in OUR OWN BUSINESS. It would be nice if PC would make concessions for every little oops and every big Uh-Oh but hey, it still comes back to us. Now I will say this, Anne's problem with her PWS was on them I believe. She did what she needed to do but something got messed up. So there needs to be some consideration there. Plus I want to make note here that Rhonda never blamed her director or recruiter or PC. She took the responsibility her self. She also noted that there is something wrong right now with her PC business. That problem is her life and that happens. Everyone else her is trying to put blame elsewhere. There is no blame here. It is part of Rhonda's life. It happens to all of us. Life does get in the way sometimes and pushes us in different directions sometimes. If we want to keep up with life and still be PCers, we find the time. Rhonda, you know a change is coming and that change right now, does not include PC. So what! So be it and good luck!

Last edited:
John, I totally agree with you. You make some really good points but I am afraid that some of them will be missed because you have it all in one really large paragraph which makes it hard to read. Please take this with the best of intentions. I want people to read what you took the time to think about and share!

Thanks Beth and yes, it is long winded! The point is this and it is a Sunday School lesson. What we think, do or do not do in our lives is on us. Plain and simple. God gave us free will and he gave us rules. We are the only ones we can put the responsibility on for every little or BIG rotten thing and every glorious good thing that happens to us. Others may gives us the opportunities but what happens with those opportunities is still our own doing. Consciously or subconsciously, everything we do is controlled by us. So...

In Rhonda's defense, I do not think she was "blaming" PC for HER actions of losing her career sales. She said she wished it was different, that's not putting the "blame" on PC. There's alot of things I wish were different w/ PC that I don't blame them, obviously there are reasons behind them, but she was just stating her disappointment. I would be devastated if I lost my career sales so I totally feel for her!

Steph you are right. She never blamed PC. She took that responsibility on her self. Yeah, she is disappointed but I think it is in a way, a relieved disappointment. It turned out to be a means to an end of her PC business. It now gives her an out. We all hate to be quitters and I think she felt overwhelmed by all that life was throwing at her and something had to give. It happened to be PC. Like I said, I wish her good luck and blessing in all that follows.

<----Hijack

pampered1224 said:
Plus I could not blame my director. The saying is "It is YOUR business" is part of why most of us joined. So keeping up with those rules is part of my job as the owner of my own PC business.

Ignorance of the rules is not a defense either.

So good, bad or ugly, we have to own the mistakes we make. It is so easy to blame your director or the company for our own oversights, it is not funny.

ultimately we are all responsible for every aspect of what happens in OUR OWN BUSINESS.

Plus I want to make note here that Rhonda never blamed her director or recruiter or PC. She took the responsibility her self. She also noted that there is something wrong right now with her PC business. That problem is her life and that happens.

Thanks for pointing these things out. As a director, we are a support system. We'll train, motivate, encourage, problem solve and cheer you on. However, learning and taking the training and resources is on you. It IS your business and YOU need to put forth some action for results. As a director, we'll show you where to find things but the recruit should show interest in HER business and learn as much as possible. If we catch that a deadline is coming, or that career sales will be lost....then we can, as a courtesy, alert you. BUT the recruit should read the emails sent by both the director and company AND they should be aware of dates and deadlines.

We work really hard to help, but I think everyone needs to understand that we are helping more than 1 recruit, while also trying to maintain OUR personal biz and family time as well. As a director, I feel hurt when blame is tossed my way because I know I invest LOTS of time to help every single recruit on my team whether it's a direct or indirect....right down to the 4th and 5th generation. I think that everyone should be considerate and appreciative of the time a director invests rather than having it as an expectation or sense of entitlement.

pampered1224 said:
Thanks Beth and yes, it is long winded! The point is this and it is a Sunday School lesson. What we think, do or do not do in our lives is on us. Plain and simple. God gave us free will and he gave us rules. We are the only ones we can put the responsibility on for every little or BIG rotten thing and every glorious good thing that happens to us. Others may gives us the opportunities but what happens with those opportunities is still our own doing. Consciously or subconsciously, everything we do is controlled by us. So...

I don't think it was long winded at all. It was just hard to read in one paragraph. You made really great, important points.

Yes, Steph is correct. I'm not blaming PC for my mistake. I also knew the rules which is why I realized it on Sept 1st. I just lost track of time. PC has not been my focus this year. I took a 2nd part time job at which I have make a lot more money than PC. I only work 2 days a week and don't have to purchase supplies, postage, call customers, deal w/cutstomers at all hours of the day calling, etc. It's been much easier for me and steady income.

That being said, I planned on still staying active with PC - mostly to not lose my career sales. I have been active for 6 years now (need to update my profile). I just think it's sad PC feels they have to make it 2 months after someone has been with the company this long. Like I mentioned before, now I don't care if I stay active or not. I can always sign up again if I want to sell. Many consultants w/little sales would still add up for the company. Sometimes people can make mistakes.

I know what my true career sales are and I will still track it. I have some fall shows lined up so I won't be leaving yet, but I probably will when I run out of shows. That just hasn't happend for me yet.

I agree the company should send an email notification. Really, how hard would that be for them to do! A call from my director would have been nice too. It would be in her best interest to keep me active. I'm really surprised she hasn't contacted me about losing my careers sales. She doesn't have that many of us to keep track of and PC is her only job. I know it's not her responsibility, but it would be a good idea for you directors to consider.

I'm not mad at PC at all. I'm mad at myself for losing track of time. Oh well, can't go back in time. It is what it is.

Laurie, that is exactly why I never blamed by director! I am and was not at the time, the only sheep in the fold. She had her own life and others to help too. Plus it was December into January that it happened. And who is not busy then? It can not be easy at all to keep track of a bunch of people plus your own stuff. I would never blame anyone of you folks. And Beth, I am sorry it was that way! I am just reading a lot of posts out here lately that are blaming everyone and everything including the kitchen sink for the problems people are having with their businesses. I just read a post about a director who lost a director and seems to not know how the program works. Yes, it may seem unfair but again, the rules apply. Sometimes an intangible is to blame. But rules are rules. If you do not like how they work, then maybe it is time to look at whether or not you can live with PC the way it is today. If not, get out. Stop depressing everyone else because you claim to not have known how it works and are not happy with the outcome. NO IS HOLDING ANY ONE HERE HOSTAGE TO PC!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
As a director I can tell you that it is not "hard" to see if someone was inactive last month and then to send them an email reminding them that to keep their sales they need to submit by end of month - or whatever they're about to lose. I have about 25 consultants on my team and I know who is in danger of losing what just by looking at one report. I do get a notification on my CC if someone is one, three, five months without sales. There's a link right on there to send an email and their numbers are right there too so we can call if we're viewing the report at a reasonable time to call. [note: I said I have 25 people - if I had 100 it would be much harder]

It is part of our job as director to help our teams get the most out of PC in my view. And it is in our best interest to keep as many people green as we can.

All that being said, it it every consultant's responsibility to know what is expected of them as consultants. If a consultant doesn't read what HO sends them and ignores their director it is their own doing and no one is to blame. It is as a courtesy that I contact my consultants who aren't working. I don't have to and it's not my fault if I miss something. We are all adults. Rhonda is not blaming anyone but herself for her mistake. She would have liked a reminder but she knows that ultimately she should have kept up with it all. I understand her being upset and thinking about stepping away.

The problem is with people who do so little business that it gets away from them every month. Those consultants aren't working their business and scheduling time to keep it going. Hobbyists we call them.

For some though, it's that life events have made PC take a temporary back seat and these are the people that directors need to be helping the most. I have a consultant who loves her PC business and was doing very well but many issues, including health and finances, have gotten in her way this last year. She has lost lifetime sales but we talked about it before it happened and she was okay with it happening. She was coming up to 6 months without sales and was so grateful that I reminded her because she wants to be able to just start submitting when things get better and by being reminded to get something in that last month she didn't have to invest in another kit when she's ready.

Those of us who are running our businesses as a BUSINESS don't let things get in our way though. I know a lot of consultants who have had cancer or other major things hapen and they manage to maintain their business. When there's a will there's a way. I had 5 surgeries in 13 months (2 of them considered major surgery) and never had a single month with less than $1250 in sales (low for me but considering...). It's all about what your priorities are.

BethCooks4U said:
There's a link right on there to send an email and their numbers are right there too so we can call if we're viewing the report at a reasonable time to call. [note: I said I have 25 people - if I had 100 it would be much harder]

It is part of our job as director to help our teams get the most out of PC in my view. And it is in our best interest to keep as many people green as we can.

All that being said, it it every consultant's responsibility to know what is expected of them as consultants. If a consultant doesn't read what HO sends them and ignores their director it is their own doing and no one is to blame. It is as a courtesy that I contact my consultants who aren't working. I don't have to and it's not my fault if I miss something. We are all adults.

Rhonda is not blaming anyone but herself for her mistake. She would have liked a reminder but she knows that ultimately she should have kept up with it all. I understand her being upset and thinking about stepping away.

I completely agree and do not want to be taken the wrong way. It is definitely our job to help them be as successful and get the best of PC. And I do. What I was referring to is the blame game and the fact that if the recruit does not read the emails, does not return calls or schedule coaching calls and does not take the initiative to read the biz guide and suggested training....there are some directors who arent helping and in the long run it will come back to them. It's the sense of entitlement and shame on you mentality that bugs me.

I did not mean to imply that Rhonda was blaming anyone...hence my hijack comment....I was replying to John's post. I am sorry that Rhonda lost her career sales...it would devastate me, especially because I had my dates confused. A courtesy email would be nice, but can not be considered as an expectation. The consultant is aware whether a show was submitted....for those who ARE going through life's obstacles....that's when a director can step up and remind her....again...it's a nice courtesy and considerate. But remember, life happens with Directors too. :D

For those who are fortunate to have a Director that is involved with them, great! The point I wanted to make is to take your biz and run with it...know that it is yours and so you should be responsible and informed. For those who aren't as well supported...know that you can have a super successful biz with PC's resources.

Laurie, my post was not in response to yours. I totally agree with the things you are saying and I didn't take it that you were implying anything about Rhonda.

We're on the same page. :cool:

I too get upset when I hear people blaming their directors or PC for things that are clearly their own fault. We are all adults and need to be taking full responsibility for our own job. It's not hard to help but it is discouraging when you do and they don't respond or find other things to blame you for not doing. As has been said, directors have lives too.

I'm going to hijack a little bit, too. People in other threads regularly refer to Directors getting paid to work with their team. Do the numbers. Their income is coming from their own biz, which they have to work consistently. Only a small portion of their PC income is coming from their team. The overrides and production bonuses are spelled out the in the policy guide. Most of us get monthly e-mails from our Exec or someone with cluster stats. Look at your Director. Figure that not everyone is active every month so there's no production bonus for the inactives. 3% override on a downline consultant's $800 month is $24. If their personal sales are $4,000 (it's suggested to meet the team requirement with personal sales), their personal commission is $1,240. See how little that one consultant's $24 override is compared to the personal commission? Yes, building wide and deep can reap financial rewards. If the Director spent 3 hours on that consultant for the month (prob. more than she would have, but we'll figure it's a new consultant), that's $8/hour.

Thank you. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Becca_in_MD said:

LOL Becca...don't forget snacks/demos 2-3 times a month...plus team rewards and drawings....plus I better stop. I don't think directors do it for the money...it really is more because we want to help and get excited seeing someone succeed on this fun adventure. And yes, it's definitely more than 3 hours a month...newsletters, research for topics, director training calls, cluster mtgs, new consultant mtgs...Oh and kick off shows too!

I am NOT complaining....just pointing out that it's not the money that motivates...it's helping someone and seeing them meet THEIR goals. The trips I'm sure are nice too...lol...haven't been on one, but perhaps this year...just maybe!

BethCooks4U said:
Laurie, my post was not in response to yours. I totally agree with the things you are saying and I didn't take it that you were implying anything about Rhonda.

We're on the same page. :cool:

I too get upset when I hear people blaming their directors or PC for things that are clearly their own fault. We are all adults and need to be taking full responsibility for our own job. It's not hard to help but it is discouraging when you do and they don't respond or find other things to blame you for not doing. As has been said, directors have lives too.

Whew! :thumbup:respect you and your knowledge and didn't want to mess a potential friendship. :D

Rhonda, I'm also sorry this happened to you.It used to be we got an email from the company when we started a second month without sales. I used to get angry b/c they often sent those right after I had sent in a show. Now it's up to the directors to do it, and not all of them notice. Rhonda, I agree ... take some time to reconsider your "why." If you find you still want to do this business, rebuild and regroup. If not, take some time to sit out and perhaps re-sign later.I cannot switch directors because I'd lose my career sales and my recruiter would lose me, but if we were to lose career sales, I think we both would sit out and re-sign under a new director. That's how much we dislike the one we inherited.

The two month rule is not new. That is what did me in back in 2001 so it has been a round a while. I was inactive in December of 2001 and again in January 2002. I lost my career sales then. I think the only major change made here is that instead of one year to reactivate without paying for a new kit, it is now 6 months. and I think that was done for people who had incompatibility issues with directors. But I see what you said about taking into consideration how long a person has been a consultant. I guess I too would think like that if I had it happen now, ten years later. But in that too they always say if we do it for one or a few, they would need to do it for all. I do know that PartyLite only gives their people one month, like we do now but I do not know about career sales losses. I think TS and TW are two months as well and again, it does not matter how long you have been in. And Intrepid, that is what I disagree with. It is not up to directors. It is our business. It is up to us.

Well, John, I do appreciate your comments about my situation. I was so upset. I asked HO why they took my sales: "When you did not have the correct account info (and I had a conf from CC) and put my account on hold, making me unable to submit shows. Then, I didn't get the notice in the mail until late on the 25th, so it was already too late to submit a sales waiver." I received NO email, no phone call, no nothing. I get at least one email a day from HO for sometimes silly things and this was important to me.

BTW, I had no idea my director got such reports. Interesting.

What I mean is before we used to get e-mails so often they were heavy-handed. And now we only get them if our director feels like it. And frankly, those of us who are incompatible with our director should have an alternative that doesn't involve losing our career sales and starting over.I've never begrudged my director her overrides but frankly after that verbal abuse incident this year, I felt a bit annoyed that I walked out of my best show ever and put $75 in her pocket. Whether she likes me or hates me, I make her money!

Intrepid_Chef said:
What I mean is before we used to get e-mails so often they were heavy-handed. And now we only get them if our director feels like it. And frankly, those of us who are incompatible with our director should have an alternative that doesn't involve losing our career sales and starting over.

YES!! Exactly! Or, what if our director is struggling with his/her personal life? No one wants their team to lose anything!

No choice is harder than the choice to except 100% responsibility. Beth and Laurie are strong in their belief that they do have responsibility to their down lines. Awesome. But there are times I bet when it simply can not be a 100% commitment. I mean can you really make everyone listen? Do you really have the time to make sure everyone is doing everything they are supposed to be doing? Can you get in there minds and make that work? You can physically and emotionally only do so much. What you need are people who will take 100% responsibility for their own businesses. Then you have people who when you can not be there, simply do it on their own. I did that. I lost my director to the structure change. She has a life and well, between the two of us, we both missed the 2 month mark. My current director is great but she too has a life. Is it fair of me to rely on those above me to keep me in business? Is it fair of me to make a problem I have and something I knew about, someone else's problem. I don't think so. If we all did that, no one would know anything except that it is someone else's fault. I have been looking for a full time job since February. What I have found is that everyone wants this piece of paper or that one. I don't have them. I WAS blaming everyone else for not having a job until I realized that IT IS MY FAULT I DO NOT HAVE THOSE PIECES OF PAPER!!! When I first realized what it was they were looking for, I did NOT TRY HARD ENOUGH, to rectify that problem. Therefor it is the HR departments faults for being stupid enough to want an Associate Degree over 23 years of work experience. WRONG! It is my fault for not doing something about it. Like getting that Associate Degree. Same goes for PC. I know what they want, I know how they want it and by when. I can not blame them either if I goofed it up. I know what people in my up-line can do for me, but again, they can not help me 100% of the time to make sure I got it right. Only I can do that. What if she gets really sick? What if her director is away on vacation at the same time? Then who do I blame? Or rather, who can I depend on? When you can answer that with a "ME" then you got it right. It took a lot of praying and soul searching to see if I could find out what I was doing wrong. When I realized that I was waiting for someone to hand me something or make a call to tell me and to let me know what I was going to do, I realized it was going to be along time in coming. When I think about all the time I have wasted waiting and blaming everyone else I could scream! At myself though! Not everyone else.

Becca_in_MD said:
I'm going to hijack a little bit, too. People in other threads regularly refer to Directors getting paid to work with their team. Do the numbers. Their income is coming from their own biz, which they have to work consistently. Only a small portion of their PC income is coming from their team. The overrides and production bonuses are spelled out the in the policy guide. Most of us get monthly e-mails from our Exec or someone with cluster stats. Look at your Director. Figure that not everyone is active every month so there's no production bonus for the inactives. 3% override on a downline consultant's $800 month is $24. If their personal sales are $4,000 (it's suggested to meet the team requirement with personal sales), their personal commission is $1,240. See how little that one consultant's $24 override is compared to the personal commission? Yes, building wide and deep can reap financial rewards. If the Director spent 3 hours on that consultant for the month (prob. more than she would have, but we'll figure it's a new consultant), that's $8/hour.

Totally agree, this is my business, not my director's.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Rhonda, I'm also sorry this happened to you.

It used to be we got an email from the company when we started a second month without sales. I used to get angry b/c they often sent those right after I had sent in a show.

Now it's up to the directors to do it, and not all of them notice.

Rhonda, I agree ... take some time to reconsider your "why." If you find you still want to do this business, rebuild and regroup. If not, take some time to sit out and perhaps re-sign later.

I cannot switch directors because I'd lose my career sales and my recruiter would lose me, but if we were to lose career sales, I think we both would sit out and re-sign under a new director. That's how much we dislike the one we inherited.
It's not the director's job to pay attention for you. Do you see it in the director requirement's that they have to email you every time you are in the tank?

pampered1224 said:
The two month rule is not new. That is what did me in back in 2001 so it has been a round a while. I was inactive in December of 2001 and again in January 2002. I lost my career sales then. I think the only major change made here is that instead of one year to reactivate without paying for a new kit, it is now 6 months. and I think that was done for people who had incompatibility issues with directors. But I see what you said about taking into consideration how long a person has been a consultant. I guess I too would think like that if I had it happen now, ten years later. But in that too they always say if we do it for one or a few, they would need to do it for all. I do know that PartyLite only gives their people one month, like we do now but I do not know about career sales losses. I think TS and TW are two months as well and again, it does not matter how long you have been in. And Intrepid, that is what I disagree with. It is not up to directors. It is our business. It is up to us.
Yes, this has been around a lot longer than the new career change. At least with the new career change you no longer lose recruits when you lose your director status

Intrepid_Chef said:
What I mean is before we used to get e-mails so often they were heavy-handed. And now we only get them if our director feels like it. And frankly, those of us who are incompatible with our director should have an alternative that doesn't involve losing our career sales and starting over.

I've never begrudged my director her overrides but frankly after that verbal abuse incident this year, I felt a bit annoyed that I walked out of my best show ever and put $75 in her pocket. Whether she likes me or hates me, I make her money!
I hope you are just talking personally here, because it sounds like you are talking about all directors. I know my director doesn't send out emails if "she feels like it".

pampered1224 said:
No choice is harder than the choice to except 100% responsibility. Beth and Laurie are strong in their belief that they do have responsibility to their down lines. Awesome. But there are times I bet when it simply can not be a 100% commitment. I mean can you really make everyone listen? Do you really have the time to make sure everyone is doing everything they are supposed to be doing? Can you get in there minds and make that work? You can physically and emotionally only do so much. What you need are people who will take 100% responsibility for their own businesses. Then you have people who when you can not be there, simply do it on their own. I did that. I lost my director to the structure change. She has a life and well, between the two of us, we both missed the 2 month mark. My current director is great but she too has a life. Is it fair of me to rely on those above me to keep me in business? Is it fair of me to make a problem I have and something I knew about, someone else's problem. I don't think so. If we all did that, no one would know anything except that it is someone else's fault. I have been looking for a full time job since February. What I have found is that everyone wants this piece of paper or that one. I don't have them. I WAS blaming everyone else for not having a job until I realized that IT IS MY FAULT I DO NOT HAVE THOSE PIECES OF PAPER!!! When I first realized what it was they were looking for, I did NOT TRY HARD ENOUGH, to rectify that problem. Therefor it is the HR departments faults for being stupid enough to want an Associate Degree over 23 years of work experience. WRONG! It is my fault for not doing something about it. Like getting that Associate Degree. Same goes for PC. I know what they want, I know how they want it and by when. I can not blame them either if I goofed it up. I know what people in my up-line can do for me, but again, they can not help me 100% of the time to make sure I got it right. Only I can do that. What if she gets really sick? What if her director is away on vacation at the same time? Then who do I blame? Or rather, who can I depend on? When you can answer that with a "ME" then you got it right. It took a lot of praying and soul searching to see if I could find out what I was doing wrong. When I realized that I was waiting for someone to hand me something or make a call to tell me and to let me know what I was going to do, I realized it was going to be along time in coming. When I think about all the time I have wasted waiting and blaming everyone else I could scream! At myself though! Not everyone else.

BINGO!

wadesgirl said:
Totally agree, this is my business, not my director's.

It's not the director's job to pay attention for you. Do you see it in the director requirement's that they have to email you every time you are in the tank?

Yes, this has been around a lot longer than the new career change. At least with the new career change you no longer lose recruits when you lose your director status

I hope you are just talking personally here, because it sounds like you are talking about all directors. I know my director doesn't send out emails if "she feels like it".

BINGO!

I completely agree that it is NOT our director's responsibility to inform us of when we are going to lose our career sales. This is our business and WE should be paying enough attention to know. We are all adults here, not children! I certainly would know that I didn't submit anything last month and I HAVE to turn something in this month in order to not lose sales. Everyone is SO QUICK to pin blame on others, no wonder kids these days can't take responsiblility for their actions, they probably learn it from their parents!

chefsteph07 said:
I completely agree that it is NOT our director's responsibility to inform us of when we are going to lose our career sales. This is our business and WE should be paying enough attention to know. We are all adults here, not children! I certainly would know that I didn't submit anything last month and I HAVE to turn something in this month in order to not lose sales. Everyone is SO QUICK to pin blame on others, no wonder kids these days can't take responsiblility for their actions, they probably learn it from their parents!

AMEN to that!

Interesting discussion.

Yes I am talking personally. Up until June I was active every other month. I only got one e-mail along those lines to see what is up. And lately I've been having trouble getting any e-mail at ALL from her, but that is another issue.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Yes I am talking personally. Up until June I was active every other month. I only got one e-mail along those lines to see what is up. And lately I've been having trouble getting any e-mail at ALL from her, but that is another issue.

Why do you even need an email to "see what is up"? Do you email HER at all? I get tired of tracking down my people! I hardly ever get emails from them, it would be nice if someone in my line would take an initiative and tell ME what is up!

I don't need it, Steph. Just saying that for SOME PEOPLE (not me, I know exactly where I am, thanks very much) it was a big step to go from pestering to nothing.

And I do not talk about communication and my director in these forums, anyway. Suffice it to say it's a MAJOR sore spot, and the reason I'm looking for something more hospitable.

In one post you said that you are talking "personally" and now in your last post, you are saying not for YOU, but SOME PEOPLE. I don't get it?

It sounds to me like YOU are disappointed that you are not getting communication that you feel you need or deserve from your upline asking you "what is up" every other month.

I'm glad that you know where you are, but in your previous posts it sounded otherwise or that you needed to be accountable to someone.
Not wanting to start anything here, Intrepid. Just a bit confused is all. :eek:

I have said too much, and will PM you, so we now return to your regularly scheduled conversation.

Again, I'm not blaiming my director or PC at all. It was just my stupid mistake which I realized more than half way through the day on Sept. 1st.

I do take issue w/directors who do make a nice comission from their down line but really don't do much of anything for it. I did not sign under my current director. My org. director quit about 4 years ago. I don't get any emails, newsletters, calls etc. from her at all until it's time to ask me to do something - like bring food to a monthly meeting or do a training at the monthly meeting. I don't need babysat either, but a little conversation once in a while would be fine. She is friends w/me on FB and I'll IM her every now and then, but that's usually initiated by me. I like her, she's very nice and we get along good. I just feel her heart is not in PC like it should be. Neither is mine, but I don't have a downline. I think it's different when you accept directorship. If you're not up to doing what a director needs to do you shouldn't accept the position. PC calls you and asks you to accept that position. You SHOULD take responsiiblity for your downline. You wanted the directorship.

Just my opinion.

pampchefrhondab said:
Again, I'm not blaiming my director or PC at all. It was just my stupid mistake which I realized more than half way through the day on Sept. 1st.

I do take issue w/directors who do make a nice comission from their down line but really don't do much of anything for it. I did not sign under my current director. My org. director quit about 4 years ago. I don't get any emails, newsletters, calls etc. from her at all until it's time to ask me to do something - like bring food to a monthly meeting or do a training at the monthly meeting. I don't need babysat either, but a little conversation once in a while would be fine. She is friends w/me on FB and I'll IM her every now and then, but that's usually initiated by me. I like her, she's very nice and we get along good. I just feel her heart is not in PC like it should be. Neither is mine, but I don't have a downline. I think it's different when you accept directorship. If you're not up to doing what a director needs to do you shouldn't accept the position. PC calls you and asks you to accept that position. You SHOULD take responsiiblity for your downline. You wanted the directorship.

Just my opinion.

Actually, no. With the new plan, you don't get called anymore, and you are automatically given the title of director once you meet the requirements. You do still have to sign an agreement, but I was paid as a director, and had the title for two months before I signed my agreement.

pampchefrhondab said:

Just my opinion.

I understand your frustration and I do think your director should contact you regularly. How large is her team? If it's very large they have to pick and choose who to call. I've been told by my upline since I stared to contact the top consultants, the new consultants and those performing and let the rest call you. I disagree with this and I make attempts to call everyone* but I see where someone with a large team might have to set limits. If I had a large team I think I'd try to contact everyone at least every few months and the "performers and new people" more often.

As far as making a nice commission from their downline, again it depends on the structure. People at the top and those with large teams do make an amazing commission on their downline but most of us at the D level do not, in fact if the right people in the downline don't submit we do not get any overrides on their sales, just the 1 or 2% that a SC or TL gets.

*even with my smaller team (about 25) I have trouble calling them all every month - it's more like every other and it's hard to make the calls when month after month they don't return the call or even acknowledge that I did it (more times than not I have to leave a message vs actually getting them to pick up the phone). After a while you want to just stop wasting your time trying.

My director's team is not that large anymore, maybe as a result of her not really trying to be honest with you. Like I said I get the feeling she's just not into PC as much as she was before. I can understand that, I'm not either - we all go through cycles. I don't even have to get a call. A newsletter would be nice or a quick email to the entire group, etc. She hasn't done a newsletter in months. Again, she can contact me when she wants something from me though. She did call me one time when the sales for her downline needed me that month - this was a couple years ago.

I went to the monthly meeting on Monday and told her I lost my career sales and she didn't even know it. I told her I had a show to send in and just lost track of time. She said she usually tracks who is going to lose their career sales, and I think she felt bad. Again, I don't think it's her fault. I knew the rules, but it's something for you director's to think about if you want to track it or not. We all can run our business the way we want. We are all big girls and boys and can decide for ourselves.

Rhonda, what have you personally decided to do? I would really hate for this to leave a really sour taste in your mouth. However, I do understand those cycles. I ma sorry it had to happen by basically hitting you like a gun shot. Nothing worse than no warning. And yes, I do agree that if you choose to be a director, you do owe your down line some sort of support. If not, do not leave them hanging in the wind to dry. You too have an up line and should be able to work with them to help you out when it gets to much for you. I would call it irresponsible if you didn't.
2) Directors: You took the job with a promise to your down lines. Do not let them down. Pass the buck up if you need to back off for a time or forever. Never leave the gang hanging! NOT FAIR! We all understand needing a break.

Hey John, I'll be staying w/PC for now. I have two shows booked and I usually get bookings at my shows. I'm not bitter w/PC since it's their rules. I just think they should re-think them. I don't care about going inactive, not being able to purchase items on the outlet, etc. I just don't think I should lose my career sales. Or I shoudl be able to get them back after maybe 6 months or a year of active sales. I left a company once and when I was hired back I got my service back after 6 months. Mine were lost out of my own stupid mistake. I really feel sorry for those who lose them due to illness or some other reason out of their control. I will stay w/PC as long as I have business, but I don't feel like I have to press myself at it anymore since I don't have to worry about keeping my career sales anymore.

Thank everyone for your thoughts. Try not to make the same stupid mistake I made! Time just got away from me - too busy right now!

I just had to step in here! I started my PC biz because I lost my job as an Insurance Agent/Underwriter for 36 years! During that time, daily we would have clients who were late on their car insurance payments and we would make courtesy calls to remind clients that if they didnt pay by a certain date, their insurance would cancel and they would have to turn in their plates (NYS law). Well it got so that it was basically "babysitting" as these clients didnt read their mail at all (why, when they had us) and knew we would call them every time!! So I am just saying that yes, I have called my downline at times to remind them of becoming inactive, but do they return my calls or emails? Usually, No....do they come to meetings? Usually, No and I am a firm believer that attending meetings help you stay successful. I also stay a director by being an Elite Seller and you cant tell me that these consultants that ARE inactive dont remember if they had any shows this month or the last month!!! Just saying.......

I agree w/you millthayer. There are some who don't care about their business, don't return calls, etc. I am not one of those consultants. I have been in the business for 6 years and never went inactive until now. I attend every meeting, go to conference, do training, bring food for meetings, etc. I am not a top seller, but I am very dependable. I never joined PC to be my primary job. It has always been an extra for me. It's something I've always wanted to enjoy and not feel I have to do it. Like I said, I knew the rules and really didn't need babysat - time just got away from you. You directors need to consider the consultants you are dealing with. Some don't care, others do.

I've also forgotten to pay bill before. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes it gets misplaced on my desk. I hate it when that happens as well. Life happens for people. Maybe PC should consider giving people w/a year or more of service 1 pass. I could have signed up for an extension, but that has be be done before the month is even over. You can't do it after the fact. It's just too bad because I think it hurts PC not the consultant to be honest w/you. Like I said, I'll keep doing it as long as I get shows, but I really don't care if I don't have sales every month or other month now.

I totally agree that this is each person's business to run the way that they want. I constantly remind my downline that they don't have to do things the way that I do it, to find what works & go with it. I'm their mentor, not their boss.

But as a Director, you better believe that I watch & know who's active each month. I've gone from 3 in my downline (mid Feb) to 21 in my downline (mid Sept) - that's 18 added in 7 months. If all 21 are active that's an extra $210 in activity bonus on my paycheck. When it's 100 consultants, I'll want that $1,000 per month! When it's 500, I'll want that $5,000 per month! ;) And that's just the activity bonus, the overrides are even more! It definitely benefits me to keep abreast of what's happening with my team. I sign into Consultant's Corner multiple times per day to check & see what's new.

Yes, Directors get notifications each month - who's inactive for 1, 3 or 6 months, who promoted, who demoted, etc. But we can also look for ourselves to see who's where as far as inactivity: Consultant's Corner>Performance Tracker>Year at a glance>Consultants inactive in prior month (from the drop down menu)>Go! - it gives us a layout of where the inactive ones are (year to date). It omits all the active consultants so that I can easily see who's already been inactive last month. At the beginning of each month, I e-mail anyone who was inactive the prior month & remind them that they need to sumit $150 in sales for the current month or loose $______ in career sales. And yes, I go look it up & give them the exact dollar amount of their career sales. I'll have my first 6-month'r at the end of Oct. She's having a complicated pregnancy & is quitting. She was nice enough to respond in the 2nd month & let me know what was up, so I haven't been harassing her on a monthly basis for months 3, 4 & 5. I have 2 who will hit the 2 month mark in 9 days. Both got a courtesy e-mail at the beginning of the month & a 2nd reminder from me 2 nights ago. I don't see it as being my responsibility to stay on top of them & submit. They've been reminded of the consequenses and it's up to them if they want to prevent loosing their career sales or allow it to happen.

But since their activity or inactivity does impact my paycheck, it's my theory that it's just good business sense to be proactive and e-mail out friendly reminders when I think there's something they would like to know. ;)

Yes, I also do my best to keep up on New Consultant Rewards & let them know when they are close to earning another level! :D A lot of them will strive to meet the goal, just because I mentioned it. So doing a little extra to help can sometimes go a long way. Not only with sales, but with letting them know that I care about their success. ;)

I have a 1 & a 2 year old at home, which pretty much makes it impossible for me to call all the girls on a weekly or monthly basis. Plus, the military just moved us from Okinawa, Japan to Tokyo, Japan in July ... so I'm still trying to unpack & get this house in order with babies in the way. E-mail is my main method of contact with my team, but I'm still try to drop what I'm doing and answer any questions that they have when one of them calls. I've not yet reached the point where I have to have them make appointments to talk to me on the phone and hope that I don't have to any time in the near future. So far, I love talking to them & hearing the excitement in their voices when they've done something like recruiting!!! :D

I used to train dispatchers at the Police Department, and learned a long time ago that I'd rather train one really good person who will be there for years ... than a whole bunch of short timers. Adequate training and a little attention to detail can often go a LONG way! ;)

(((hugs))) to those of you who don't feel you are getting the type of support you want & need from your upline. :(

Sheila said:
Yes, Directors get notifications each month - who's inactive for 1, 3 or 6 months, who promoted, who demoted, etc. But we can also look for ourselves to see who's where as far as inactivity: Consultant's Corner>Performance Tracker>Year at a glance>Consultants inactive in prior month (from the drop down menu)>Go! - it gives us a layout of where the inactive ones are (year to date). . :(

I don't get notified. The only way I know that they are 1 month and so forth is by going to Consultant Connection. It lists them in my overview.

I try and email them about their 2 months and definitely their 6 months. As you said, as a courtesy....but usually we've already spoken or touched base. So many emails that sometimes the consultants don't get to it. :eek:

I wish the program would list 2 months rather than 3 since that's the most critical one.

The little pop-ups on Consultant are what I'm talking about when I mentioned that we get notified ... ;)

I think we should get a 5 month notification! LOL

Guess who called me today? Yep, my director asking me to do a training session at our meeting on Monday. I would still do the training for her, but I can't since my son has a football game that night.

Just funny how she can call me when she needs something like I said before.

<h2>1. How can I recover my lost career sales with Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Unfortunately, once career sales are lost, they cannot be recovered. However, you can still continue selling and building your sales again for future opportunities.</p><h2>2. Will my Pampered Chef consultant status be affected if I lose my career sales?</h2><p>Yes, losing your career sales will affect your consultant status and you will no longer be considered an active consultant. However, you can still regain your active status by building your sales again.</p><h2>3. Can I still participate in Pampered Chef's incentives and rewards if I lose my career sales?</h2><p>No, losing your career sales means you are no longer eligible for any incentives or rewards based on your sales. However, you can still participate in future incentives and rewards by building your sales again.</p><h2>4. Is it common for Pampered Chef consultants to lose their career sales due to being too busy?</h2><p>Accidentally losing career sales due to being busy is not uncommon, but it is important to stay organized and keep track of deadlines to avoid this situation. Pampered Chef offers resources and tools to help consultants stay on top of their sales and orders.</p><h2>5. Can I still sell Pampered Chef products if I no longer have the desire to do so?</h2><p>Yes, you can still sell Pampered Chef products even if you no longer have the desire to do so. However, it is important to evaluate your reasons for selling and to make sure it aligns with your goals and motivation. It may also be helpful to reach out to your team or mentor for support and guidance.</p>

1. How can I recover my lost career sales with Pampered Chef?

Unfortunately, once career sales are lost, they cannot be recovered. However, you can still continue selling and building your sales again for future opportunities.

2. Will my Pampered Chef consultant status be affected if I lose my career sales?

Yes, losing your career sales will affect your consultant status and you will no longer be considered an active consultant. However, you can still regain your active status by building your sales again.

3. Can I still participate in Pampered Chef's incentives and rewards if I lose my career sales?

No, losing your career sales means you are no longer eligible for any incentives or rewards based on your sales. However, you can still participate in future incentives and rewards by building your sales again.

4. Is it common for Pampered Chef consultants to lose their career sales due to being too busy?

Accidentally losing career sales due to being busy is not uncommon, but it is important to stay organized and keep track of deadlines to avoid this situation. Pampered Chef offers resources and tools to help consultants stay on top of their sales and orders.

5. Can I still sell Pampered Chef products if I no longer have the desire to do so?

Yes, you can still sell Pampered Chef products even if you no longer have the desire to do so. However, it is important to evaluate your reasons for selling and to make sure it aligns with your goals and motivation. It may also be helpful to reach out to your team or mentor for support and guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda.the.chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Pampered Jean