• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Lose My Career Sales? A Horrible March and April

In summary, Brenda lost her career sales due to a series of events that caused her to lose focus. She has been refocused and is recommitting to her business.
Brenda.the.chef
Gold Member
I had a horrible March and April. $90 in sales for March and nothing in April. Did I lose my career sales? I've read the policy guide and I'm confused. I'm afraid I lost them... and right before my big fundraiser this month too.

yes, you lost your career sales. You had two months in a row with sales under $150

That's what I thought.....:cry:

OK...time to refocus and stop feeling sorry for myself about my personal battles in my life right now and make the decision to do this thing or give it up.

Here's to accountability!

Brenda, would you like an accountability partner?? I'm willing to help my friend;)

I need all the accountability that is offered. I've just had a couple of rough months with my life and I can't keep using these excuses. Losing my career sales is a huge eye opener and hopefully the fire I need to get serious. Thank you for offering!

Just sent you an email...no time like the present to get started!

My first year in I had $10,000 in sales. In December and January I went inactive because my FT job became 7 days a week for most of that two months. My director nor I noticed it until February when she got her copy of my pay stub and noted the big fat ZERO under Career sales. UGH! I just made up my mind to keep track every single month and have never let it happen again! What I was told was this, it is your business, good, bad and ugly. So it is also my responsibility to watch EVERY ASPECT of MY business. Just make May a good starting point.

I lost my career sales a while back too. I had received an extension or whatever they call it from HQ's but I just couldn't get bookings so I did end up losing out.
Did you check with HQ's in case you can get the waiver ? Doesn't hurt to ask if you've never had one before. Good luck and don't quit because of this. I'm about 2/3 of the way back to $15,000 again.

I will try to call and see but I won't get my hopes up. I had two shows for April with gung ho hosts and the one just was the poster child for horrific hosts and kept postponing and blowing smoke. The other cancelled because of a family tragedy. I have my huge fundraiser this month and I'm focusing a lot on making that successful.I am under loads of stress with my job because they cut my position to 50% and now I work in TWO departments on campus at "50%" Too bad the workload doesn't decrease to 50%... it's still there....and they are both very demanding departments. This happened in January and I've been an emotional baffoon since it happened. Instead of that being my fuel for wanting to quit this place, I let it get the best of me. When I saw that I lost $23,000 in career sales, that was my slap back into reality. I almost don't want them back because I need the fire and desire to step it up. I also put it out here on CS to give myself the accountability! Thank you, Ruth for your encouraging email! There are LOTS of great ideas there! I've never done a theme show, so now I'm thinking I may have to try that route.....

I lost mine in February. $40,000+ and 5 years. I'd had time to come terms with it before it happened, and knew it was coming. The part that stings the most is mentioning it to friends and having them respond with "you should have called me!"

Oh well. I'm moving on, I've shifted gears in my business, and I'm happy with where I am. And that's all that matters.

Oh, I feel for you!

8.5 years in, I've STILL never hit $15K because I've lost career sales so many times! Once, (2 years ago?) I was so mad at myself about it that I let myself STAY inactive long enough to have to re-sign (before the new policy on that). In that time, I refocussed, got my ducks in a row, and came back with a strong re-start. And then I let life & excuses slow me down. Again. And here I am, newly refocussed once again. It seems that for such a smart girl, I can be a really slow learner! LOL But I have learned a lot about myself along the way. And those lessons that sting can really be great lessons! So here I go. Again. Right there with you!

All this time I thought I'd be the only one to lose career sales. I think this is a good place to share where we lost focus and what we intend to do to get it back....

I'm totally drawing a blank on his name, but the consultant who spoke at Spring Launch a couple of years back and talked about how he does the bundles with the DCB. He said he lost his career sales probably a dozen times over the first 9 or 10 years of his business. Then, he had a change in his life/business, and did $45K+ in one year or so (maybe even more, I can't remember).

So it's not the end of the world ;)

I lost mine when we moved from Texas to Germany...........it was a big move and I actually took almost a full year off before coming back (it was before the new six month rule). So I am back up to over $65,000 now but I think that is probably were I was when I lost it as well. I just keep chugging along. I know people look at my career sales of $65,000 in nearly 15 years and think "gee, she can't be doing much" but it's my business and I am happy with where it is right now. I've already done more than half the amount of sales I did all last year, so I am continuing in the right direction at least!

How long of inactivity can you have before you must resign to be a consultant again?

After six months you must resubmit a consultant agreement. I believe that is correct now.

Thx for the info! that's what I thought it was but did not see it in the agreement.

NooraK said:
I'm totally drawing a blank on his name, but the consultant who spoke at Spring Launch a couple of years back and talked about how he does the bundles with the DCB. He said he lost his career sales probably a dozen times over the first 9 or 10 years of his business. Then, he had a change in his life/business, and did $45K+ in one year or so (maybe even more, I can't remember).

I know Michael Reeves promoted DCB bundles but I don't know if he spoke at Launch. If so, I didn't realize he had been in the biz so long. Great guy!

Michael reeves spoke at my spring launch in st louis and he was wonderful!!!

Well I just got off the phone with home office and I was told I could not have an extension on my loss of career sales. they told me that I would have had to request an extension on April 25 in order to be approved for the extension so boo I lost my career sales for real:cry:

Oww. I have a hunch many of us are going to get our fires lit with the new APP changeover. 1250/mo is going to become more and more important. Good luck; you can get the sales back - keep your eyes on the prize, not on what left.

Help me out - what did I miss? Why will $1250 be more important with the new app?

ChefNelson said:
Help me out - what did I miss? Why will $1250 be more important with the new app?

From the new FAQ on the new website/system:

How can a customer connect with a Consultant in her area if she doesn’t already have one?
More and more, people use the internet to find information quickly and to make connections with others. And in the online world, the key is to enable connections and give choice to the consumer. • So in the new Web, a consumer can enter her location and she’ll see up to 5 Consultants who are
“In her area.” “In her area” means within 25 miles, whenever that’s possible. A link is provided to each Consultant’s Personal Web Site, so that the customer can take a look and choose to reach out to the Consultant of their choice. We’re giving the customer the choice, which is what they want, and that’s important.

Does this mean that the current lead system is being discontinued?
Yes. When the new website is launched on May 3, all Find a Consultant links on the old site will take visitors to the new site. Your existing list of lead names will continue to display in Consultant’s Corner until the old Web is de-commissioned after June 30. Be sure to print or save any names before June 30.

How can I be included in the new “Find a Consultant in Your Area”?
Consultants of any level who have sold at least $1250 in the prior month - and have a Personal Web Site - will be in the listing in the current month. The list will be updated after the prior month has been finalized – usually by the 10th.

Becca_in_MD said:
I know Michael Reeves promoted DCB bundles but I don't know if he spoke at Launch. If so, I didn't realize he had been in the biz so long. Great guy!

Yes, that's it! I should have clarified SL in Atlanta. :)

NooraK said:

Yes this is Michael Reeves. He stared his business about the exact time I did. I have stayed consistant throughout which I am proud of but HE is the one that is the amazing example we all need to follow. He is proof that no matter what happens in our business we can make a change that will make all the difference. I know my problem - complacency. I say I want more but I am happy enough with where I am. ...not really but that's all I can figure out as to why I don't do more... OK. I need to do the one thing I am not doing consistantly that will make my business change --> GET ON THE PHONE.

Brenda, I am sorry you lost your sales but who knows YOU could be the next Michael Reeves because of it! Thank you for starting this thread. My issue is different but this made me think about how I need to do some work to make changes too!

I had a really nice talk with the woman at HO too and she was very encouraging. I did get on the phone last night and talked with a local commissioner that is interested in a fundraiser for her campaign too We are meeting next week, so keep your fingers crossed. I also had two facebook posts that asked me what's shaking and they want to host a show soon... and to top it off, my one gal that has been on the fence with recruiting called me last night and said she will be signing up this month.So, yes.. I DO believe that everything happens for a reason. Yes, I lost my career sales, but it is not the end of the world or my career with PC. I'm fired up and ready to roll.Thank you all for sharing your stories too. This discussion board has been my saving grace.

Waahoo! Way to go Brenda! What an encouraging start for you. I look forward to what happens next!

and those were almost all contacting me instead of me contacting them! One could only imagine what will happen when I actually FOLLOW the 3-2-1 plan, huh?!?

Brenda.the.chef said:
and those were almost all contacting me instead of me contacting them! One could only imagine what will happen when I actually FOLLOW the 3-2-1 plan, huh?!?

One can only imagine...:D

What is a career in sales with Pampered Chef?

A career in sales with Pampered Chef involves promoting and selling high-quality kitchen tools and products through in-home parties, online sales, and other events. As a sales consultant, you will have the opportunity to earn income, build a team, and grow your business.

What is the commission structure for career sales with Pampered Chef?

The commission structure for career sales with Pampered Chef is based on a percentage of your personal sales and your team's sales. The more you sell and the larger your team, the higher your commission percentage will be. You can also earn bonuses for meeting certain sales goals.

Do I need to have sales experience to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, you do not need to have prior sales experience to become a Pampered Chef consultant. Our training program will provide you with all the skills and knowledge you need to be successful in your sales career with us. We also offer ongoing support and resources to help you continue to grow and develop as a sales professional.

Can I work part-time as a Pampered Chef sales consultant?

Yes, you can work part-time as a Pampered Chef sales consultant. Our flexible business model allows you to work as much or as little as you want, making it a great opportunity for those looking for part-time work or a side hustle. You can also set your own schedule and work around other commitments.

What are the benefits of a career in sales with Pampered Chef?

There are many benefits to a career in sales with Pampered Chef, including the opportunity to earn income, flexible work schedule, personal and professional development, and the chance to be a part of a supportive and positive community. You also have the potential to earn free products, trips, and other rewards based on your sales and team performance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • One4panthers
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies