1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Ordering online pink items per request

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I sent out a Nibbles newsletter (myemaildesigns.com) informing my contacts of this being the last week the pink products are available. It said that they are available online only.

So...I just got this e-mail.

Amanda,
    Please order me the knife for $5.50. Send me your name and address with the correct amount and I will send you a check. Could you please give Jennifer Xxxxx my order when it comes in ?

It took me by surprise because I know this is a previous guest, but for the life of me I was confused. The e-mail wasn't in reply to that newsletter and didn't mention or make reference to the pink products. Here's what I was thinking: Which knife was she referring to, what show was this for? Oh, I know...it's the pink knife! Then I went and looked up her history and recalled that she was an outside order on a past show. A guest at a show obtained this order for the benefit of the host.

Okay, so now what do I do? Why didn't she just order it online and have it sent directly to her? Now I have to contact this other girl and relay it through her? It doesn't make sense. I wonder if I should call her or e-mail her back? Or should I just go on and order it the way she requested?

Oct 27, 2009
  2. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

I personally would call her to clarify that it's the pink knife she wants and if so, tell her she can go onto your site and order it. If it's a matter of not wanting to use a CC on line (I've got people like that) then I'd tell her I'd need the money in my hand before the 30th so it can be ordered for her.

If it's a regular product, I'd see if she wants it added onto someone's show and add it onto one that's coming up.

HTH,

Lisa

Oct 27, 2009
  3. ChefSheena

ChefSheena Gold Member

It sounds like someone doesn't want to pay the extra shipping costs! You see, (at least in my case) they can get a "deal" out of you...

I would call her to clarify which knife (you're right, probably the pink one, but this is A+ Customer Service here..hehe) she would like and ask her if she had a chance to view it on your website.

Good luck and let me know what happens! (I never know quite how to handle these situations myself!)

Oct 27, 2009
  4. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Yes, it sounds like she went on the site, saw the shipping, and figured she could order through you an save on shipping costs. Some customers think we don't pay shipping for our orders, or she could think it might be something she can add to a show to reduce costs. Call her and clarify, and politely explain that the pink items are only available through the website with direct shipping. If she mentions the shipping, encourage her to check out the Outlet to see if there's something else she might like. It's $6.25 shipping until she hits $20.

Oct 27, 2009
  5. babywings76

Just realized I don't have her phone number. How does this e-mail sound for a reply?

Thank you for your e-mail. I was going to call you, but realized I don't have your phone number.

Are you referring to the pink knife that's one of the Help Whip Cancer pink items? If so, that item can be purchased through my website and it will get shipped directly to you. They are only available through online orders, so that is going to be the easiest route to take. If you don't wish to make a bank debit or credit card purchase online, an option would be to send me the check by Friday/Saturday and I could order it on your behalf and have it shipped to you.

The knife is $5.50 + $.71 tax + $6.25 shipping, which comes to $12.46

Shipping costs $6.25 until you hit $20 in items, so you could see if anyone else was wanting anything (whether it's a pink item, outlet item, or catalog item).

Do you think I should address the shipping price issue and ordering additional items?

Oct 28, 2009
  6. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I like it, except I would just encourage her to check the outlet herself, and not refer to anyone else wanting anything. I also wouldn't offer the option to send a check. It's just asking to create an issue where she sends the check but it doesn't get to you on time. I think better wording would be "My website has a secure ordering system, and accepts credit cards as well as Visa or MasterCard branded debit cards."

Oct 28, 2009
  7. babywings76

Okay, thanks for the feedback! :)

Oct 28, 2009
Have something to add?