• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Goofed When I Sent Out My Black Friday E-Mail

In summary, Tara's sale letter was copied and pasted into the email, which caused people to go to her website instead of the sale email.
babywings76
Gold Member
I made a mistake when I sent out my Black Friday sale e-mails, so I thought I'd let you guys know just in case you may have done the same thing.

I borrowed part of Tara's (SeeMe4PC) sale letter. She did xxxx out her own personal info, and I deleted those and typed in mine. But I just got a call from my sister that when she clicked on my links (to my e-mail and website), that it took her to Tara's instead of mine. :eek: I guess the program remembered Tara's HTML codes or whatever it's called.

So I'm going to send out an e-mail notifying my customers that if they clicked through those, that I didn't get them. Luckily I did provide the correct link at the beginning of the e-mail and again in my closing, and they could just hit reply to my e-mail and get it to me, but I'm nervous that someone may have used the other links and gone to her site or e-mail and think I'm an idiot for making the mistake. :(

Thanks for letting us know. I just checked mine, it's working. For a minute there was hoping something might be wrong, I've gotten 0.00 sales at this time.

I went to my PWS then copied the link to the Black Friday Show and put it on the email and on my PWS Front Page info!

Ouch! Yep, you have to delete her link and enter your own.

I wonder how Tara's sales are today...

Unfortunately, I received $0 in sales today from my Black Friday e-mail and only sold a $6.50 vegetable peeler at the bazaar I was at from 9am - 6pm. <sigh>

I only have a customer base of 40 people right now, the majority of them being my family and close friends, so an order from PA would have totally freaked me out!

I am really sorry - I will try to make sure that does not happen again.

NOTE: I did just post another document but did not remove any of my information.

Last edited:

1. What should I do if I accidentally sent out the wrong Black Friday e-mail?

If you made a mistake with your Black Friday e-mail, the first thing you should do is apologize. Send out a follow-up e-mail acknowledging the mistake and offering a sincere apology to your customers. You can also offer a solution, such as an additional discount or a free gift, to make up for the error.

2. Can I retract the e-mail and send out a corrected version?

Unfortunately, once an e-mail has been sent out, it cannot be retracted. However, you can send out a follow-up e-mail with the correct information and apologize for any confusion or inconvenience caused by the initial e-mail. You can also reach out to individual customers who may have been affected by the mistake.

3. How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

To prevent sending out incorrect e-mails in the future, it's important to thoroughly proofread and test all e-mails before sending them out. You can also have a colleague or supervisor review them for any errors. Additionally, using an e-mail marketing platform with features such as scheduling and previewing can help avoid mistakes.

4. Will this mistake affect my sales on Black Friday?

While it's possible that the mistake may have a slight impact on your sales, it's important to focus on addressing the mistake and providing a solution rather than worrying about the potential impact on sales. Your customers will appreciate your honesty and efforts to make things right.

5. Should I offer any compensation to customers who received the incorrect e-mail?

If the mistake was significant and may have caused confusion or inconvenience to your customers, it may be a good gesture to offer some form of compensation. This could be in the form of a discount, free gift, or even just a sincere apology. However, it's ultimately up to your discretion and the severity of the mistake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krahema
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
amandaC
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies