1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie

1. noradawn

noradawn Guest

Hi Everyone!

Last night I made the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie in the 10 inch professional skillet. It really didn't turn out well- I pulled it out after the recommended cooking time, it wasn't done, then I pulled it out later after I thought it was done (hard to tell since it's supposed to be sort of oozy on top) and although I ate some, I'm still not really quite sure that it was done. From everything I've read on here, I know it's supposed to be to-die-for, and since it's PC, I know it should be easy.

So, here's my question. I don't have a larger PC skillet yet (as soon as I have a recruit qualify, I'm going to use the $50 to get it off the supply order!) In the meantime, do you think I can use a piece of stoneware to bake it in? And if so, which stoneware piece? I have a host who requested it and her show is next week!

Thanks!

Sep 21, 2005
  2. Marg

Marg Advanced Member

I think I'd try it in the bar pan.

I made in the family skillet at my show last Saturday and it was to die for! The brownie mix just covered the bottom of the skillet - so it is quite a thin layer on the bottom.

Sep 21, 2005
  3. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I would use the glazed Deep Dish Baker. It's the closest in size to the Family Skillet.

Sep 22, 2005
  4. noradawn

noradawn Guest

Thanks for all your suggestions!

Has anyone out there actually tried this yet?

If not, I guess I'll just have to try it out again before the show! What a pity ;)

Sep 22, 2005
  5. PampMomof3

PampMomof3 Legend Member Gold Member

I need the recipe please!

:) What recipe book is this in? If it is in the new Stoneware Inspirations Cookbook, could someone please post it? Mine was stolen a few weeks back. :mad: I need to get another one!
    Thanks in advance!

Oct 3, 2005
  6. PampMomof3

PampMomof3 Legend Member Gold Member

Forget it, I found it in the new Season's Best! Thanks anyway! :)

Oct 3, 2005
  7. chefjulie_sc

chefjulie_sc Member

My director has!

I have not made this, but My Director, says, it's to die for! She went on & on how much of a goo it was, but her teenage daughter & friends loved it. She said you literally had to just scoop it out of the skillet & plop it on your plate.

My recruit made it a couple of weeks ago at an all Dessert party & served it w/ homemade ice cream. (she had a $600.00+ show).

So it must be pretty good. I want to try it, too, but like you, I don't have the skillet.

Does anyone know if you sub the stones for the skillet, surely you won't get the same results???

Oct 6, 2005
  8. noradawn

noradawn Guest

I ended up just buying the skillet half price on the supply order. It came in time for the show, and was incredible! I'm happy to have the skillet, too. I was waiting until getting my first $50 in PC dollars to put towards it, but now I'll just have to use that for something else! (Two of my recruits have qualified in the meantime!)

Oct 6, 2005
Have something to add?