• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tantalizing Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie - Perfect for Pan-A-Rama!

In summary, the author is trying out a recipe for Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownies and the smell of it baking is divine. She can't wait until it's done, and recommends filling the ears of eaters with cool whip and letting them pipe it on top. The recipe is from a couple of years ago and she can't find it now, but she has a copy of the recipe. The ingredients and instructions are in a cookbook called "Season's Best." The brownies are cake-like and are made with a fudge brownie mix, bittersweet chocolate, water, chocolate fudge ice cream topping, and almonds. The brownies are cooked on a skillet in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until
pamperedape
I'm trying out the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie today and the smell of it baking is TO DIE FOR!! I can't wait until it's done!

It's pretty much the only dessert I am offering until Pan-A-Rama is over!!!

save me a piece...

I LOVE that recipe - I made it at every show during the last pan-o-rama and sold a ton of family skillets. I have the square platter to turn it out on but it honestly is just as showy to just dig in right out of the pan! A good idea is to fill the EAD with coolwhip and let them pipe some on their brownie. It is to die for!

Ugh. I am SICK!!! A good sick, mind you - that thing is Y-U-M-M-Y!!! WOW! We went and got the neighbors to have some!!

DELISH!!!!!

Which cookbook is this recipe in?

It's in a Season's Best from a couple of years ago.....I thought I had it saved, but can't find it now - I'll go look through some SB and find it!

I LOVE this recipe - I used it for almost all my shows a couple of years ago.....and I would serve it right from the skillet w/ Cherry Pie Filling and Sliced Almonds on the side in the Small Bowl Caddy....and vanilla ice cream!:D

This is a crowd pleaser....

Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie
The Pampered Chef®

1 package (19-21 ounces) fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make
cake-like brownies)
1 bar (4 ounces) fine-quality bittersweet chocolate
2 cups water
1 jar (12 ounces) chocolate fudge ice cream topping
1/2 teaspoon Pantry Double Strength Vanilla
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
Powdered sugar
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom of Family (12-in.) Skillet
with nonstick cooking spray. In Classic Batter Bowl, prepare brownie
mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Spread batter
over bottom of skillet. Cut chocolate into small pieces using Crinkle
Cutter. Sprinkle chocolate evenly over batter.

Combine water and ice cream topping in Large Micro-Cooker®; whisk until
well blended using Stainless Whisk. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 5-6
minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil. Whisk until blended; stir
in vanilla. (Mixture will be thin.) Carefully pour ice cream topping
mixture over brownie batter in a circular pattern.

Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until sauce is bubbling around edges.
(Top of brownie will appear very saucy, but will thicken as it cools.)
Using Silicone Oven Mitt, carefully remove skillet from oven to
Stackable Cooling Rack.

Coarsely chop almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle evenly over brownie.
Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Spoon
brownie into Simple Additions® Small Bowls using Nylon Spoon and serve
warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 3.5
g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 140 mg,
Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: To toast almonds in the microwave oven, place almonds in
Small Oval Baker; microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until golden brown,
stirring after each 30-second interval. Cool completely.

If desired, 1 teaspoon vanilla can be substituted for the Double
Strength Vanilla.

Let me just add - if you dont have the crinkle cutter or want a quicker demo - just sprinkle on some chocolate chips. I measure out a cup in one of the easy read measuring cups and show those off.

Cindycooks said:
Let me just add - if you dont have the crinkle cutter or want a quicker demo - just sprinkle on some chocolate chips. I measure out a cup in one of the easy read measuring cups and show those off.

I always gave my host the choice of buying a Ghiradelli Chocolate Bar (The ones found in the baking aisle) or using Chocolate Chips......about 1/2 & 1/2 in what they chose I would say.
At home, I use the Ghiradelli's Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chips.

Man, I love this recipe - I haven't had it in a while....now I'm hungry for it again!

Oh, and the ice cream topping/water mixture IS thin! As in - water thin, but it cooks up GREAT!!!

So you just serve this out of the skillet or does it turn out onto a plate? What is the consistency when it is done?

I did it straight from the skillet and due to the upcoming host special will continue to do so. I can then point out how CLEAN the bottom of the pan is!!

When it's done it's like a brownie with pockets of molten chocolate. Little oozing pockets of awesomeness!!!

Can you tell I like it??? ;)

Sounds like my September recipe!!

ljeffries said:
Sounds like my September recipe!!

Just curious, why wouldn't you do it during August to get the extra bookings for September since it a Host Special? :confused:

Once August has started I'm going have my husband order a 12" skillet (I have the 8" skillet, the grill pan and the 11" griddle)... actually I'm having a Phone Show on Thursday, so I'll have him order it then.

Yum, then I can make it too! (Ok, I could make it now, but it wouldn't be in a PC skillet).

ivykeep said:
Once August has started I'm going have my husband order a 12" skillet (I have the 8" skillet, the grill pan and the 11" griddle)... actually I'm having a Phone Show on Thursday, so I'll have him order it then.

Yum, then I can make it too! (Ok, I could make it now, but it wouldn't be in a PC skillet).

GASP!!! :eek: :eek: You wouldn't!!!! Didn't anyone ever tell you that if you try to make a PC recipe in non-PC products, your entire kitchen will disappear in a cloud of smoke??????:D

katie0128 said:
GASP!!! :eek: :eek: You wouldn't!!!! Didn't anyone ever tell you that if you try to make a PC recipe in non-PC products, your entire kitchen will disappear in a cloud of smoke??????:D

Actually if that meant I'd get an updated kitchen that would be so worth it!!

And no, I actually wouldn't -- which is why I have to order the skillet before I can make it. I *imagine* my wedding gift circulon sets can go in the oven, but I have long since thrown away the care and use cards and have no intention of trying. I have been slowly replacing the circulon with PC (we got an extra set of Circulon as a wedding present so I had something like 25 pieces. I did give part of my collection to my sister when she moved into her apartment and another part to my other sister who is going away to college this fall and living in an apartment.

DH says I can aquire the PC cookware as long as I get rid of a corresponding piece of circulon when I do.

I don't have the Family Skillet yet, and this is a great reason to get one. But after reading this thread I really want to make this. Can it be made in Stoneware??

It would be wonderful to demo to show the cookware can be used in the oven!

Sheryl

SnowChef said:
I don't have the Family Skillet yet, and this is a great reason to get one. But after reading this thread I really want to make this. Can it be made in Stoneware??

It would be wonderful to demo to show the cookware can be used in the oven!

Sheryl

It can also be made in the Rectangular Baker - I did this once for a show where there were 25 guests - I made one in the 12" Skillet, and one in the Baker.....they both turned out great, although the one in the skillet had more "Molten" chocolate.

Another recipe that shows the cookware in the oven really well is the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake.....which is a more "showy" recipe - but my personal favorite for EATING is the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie.

I think that is part of the reason I started serving the almonds and cherry pie filling on the side - just to give it more of a presentation......and also use a couple more products in my demo! (Can opener for pie filling, Scissors to open nuts, SA bowls and caddy, and small bamboo spoons for serving)

What is the Tantalizing Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie?

The Tantalizing Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie is a delicious dessert made with rich, gooey chocolate and served in a skillet. It is perfect for sharing and is a favorite among our Pampered Chef customers.

What ingredients are needed to make the Tantalizing Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie?

To make the Tantalizing Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie, you will need all-purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, butter, eggs, and chocolate chips. You can also add in additional toppings, such as ice cream or whipped cream, for extra decadence.

Can the Tantalizing Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie be made in a regular pan?

While we recommend using a skillet for the best results, the Tantalizing Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie can also be made in a regular baking pan. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

What is the cooking time for the Tantalizing Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie?

The Tantalizing Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie typically takes about 25 minutes to bake, depending on your oven. The key is to not overcook it, as the center should be warm and gooey for the perfect molten texture.

Can the Tantalizing Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie be reheated?

Yes, the Tantalizing Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie can be reheated in the microwave or oven. Just be sure to not overheat it, as this may cause the brownie to dry out. We recommend enjoying it fresh out of the oven for the best taste and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • freddydress
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC