• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Molten Choc Skillet Brownie Question

In summary, the Molten Choc Skillet Brownie is a delicious dessert that is best served with ice cream. However, due to its richness, it may not be suitable for some guests. Additionally, make sure to prepare the brownie batter and sauce in advance to avoid any potential problems.
kcjodih
Gold Member
First of all, thanks to everyone who helped me with ideas for the show I have on Sunday. She has chosen the Molten Choc Skillet Brownie but now my question is....
has anyone made it in the Large Covered Skillet (10 inch) instead of the Family Skillet? If so, how did it turn out?

I haven't made it at all yet and am worried it may not cook correctly or even all fit in here. If it's not going to fit I'll ask my director to borrow hers.

Maybe I should have thought of it before offering it

Also, any tips I should know ahead of time?

Thanks a bunch!

Jodi

Jodi--If you can borrow her pan I would. I have made this dessert several times in the Family skillet. It makes alot! I think you are right to assume it won't cook correctly. Try it at home first if you are still in doubt. But to be on the safe side for your party I would just borrow the pan.

It is sooo yummy!! Must serve with ice cream to cut some of the richness of the chocolate.

I agree with Chef Kearns - it's thin in the big skillet and quite saucy - I think that if you did it in the smaller one, it would take a lot longer to cook and would be too saucy.

It is really good but definitely very sweet - I usually serve it with frozen yogurt. :D

soup-like issuesHey

If you have any problems with the chocolate sauce, try reducing the amount of water you add to the fudge. I've had the full 2 cups boil over even using the large mirco-cooker. I'd recommend using a little less water to prevent this problem as it makes a huge mess in the microwave and you have to clean it up before going on or you can't toast the almonds with the small oval baker in the microwave.

Julie

I agree with just using a little less water and I think it would be fine in the 10" skillet. You could also take out a little of the brownie batter. I love making this dessert. Everyone loves it! Here is a tip I do along with this....put Cool Whip in your Easy Accent Decorator. I let each guest pipe some on their brownie. They love trying out the EAD and I always sell at least one or two! I like doing this better than icecream!

Also - you can boil the water and choc topping in the large batter bowl, you don't have to use the micro-cooker. Mine doesn't boil over using this. Another thing I do for a quick show - is make up the brownie batter at home and have it already in the skillet when I arrive at the host house. For my demo, all I have to do is the sauce. I did this at my last show because every person there had been to a recent show of mine and really just came to buy.

I do my fudge sauce in the rice cooker and it doesn't boil over and works great! I love this recipe and so do the guests!!

At my party we made it in the oval stoneware baker and it was fine. It puffed up a lot more, but tasted divine. I am pretty sure it would work great in the 10 inch skillet.

I agree that I would reduce the amount of water, even in the 12 inch skillet. (Maybe 1 1/2 cups instead of 2?) It just seems a little too runny, if you ask me.

Anyway, I was at a party last night and saw it made in the family skillet and it was beautiful! What a fantastic dessert.

Love+
Rachel

I did a show in November and of course didn't read the recipe exactly and used the 10 inch skillet and added the fudge sauce at the wrong time but it turned out great. Everyone loved it. I also work for a Ice cream ingredient manufacturer, so I brought home some fudge sauce already made. SO that might have been my salvation!

Last edited:
I use it with 10 inch skillet all the time and have no problem. I use hershy brownies from Costco, and one bag works perfectly. Because they already have choc. chips in them I don't have to put that in. I was out of choc. fudge one night, but had carmal topping and that was awesome as well. Instead of using almonds I used pecans. Yum Yum! :D :D

1. What is a molten choc skillet brownie?

A molten choc skillet brownie is a decadent dessert made with rich chocolate and baked in a skillet. It has a gooey, molten center and a crispy exterior, making it a delicious treat for chocolate lovers.

2. How do I make a molten choc skillet brownie?

To make a molten choc skillet brownie, you will need a skillet, brownie mix, eggs, oil, water, and chocolate chips. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare the brownie mix according to the package instructions. Pour the batter into the skillet and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes and let cool before serving.

3. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the molten choc skillet brownie?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for the molten choc skillet brownie. Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or even white chocolate can be used for a different flavor profile. You can also add in other ingredients like nuts or caramel for added texture and taste.

4. How many servings does a molten choc skillet brownie make?

A molten choc skillet brownie typically serves 6-8 people, depending on the size of your skillet. It can be cut into smaller or larger pieces depending on your preference.

5. Can I make a molten choc skillet brownie in advance?

Yes, you can make a molten choc skillet brownie in advance. After baking, let it cool completely before covering and storing in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven before serving for the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• freddydress
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • heat123