• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwave & Silicone Crown Cake

In summary, the conversation is about the possibility of microwaving a cake made in the new crown cake mold. However, it is discovered that the pan contains a metal ring around the top, making it unsafe to use in the microwave. The conversation continues with a discussion about the safety of using the pan in the microwave, with some participants saying it is not possible due to the metal component. The conversation ends with a confirmation that the pan is not microwave safe, according to the information provided.
missyciccolella
:angel:Forgive me if this is a repeat question, but I was wondering if anyone had tried to make a cake in the new crown cake mold in the microwave. :confused: I have baked in it, but thought it might be neat to microwave a cake at my shows. I know I can still bake in at the shows in the oven or just take one, but this could be another selling point.
Anyway, what are your thoughts on that?

Doesn't the cake pan have a metal ring around the top of it?

Mine isn't even out of the box yet, so I don't know...but the floral one does, so I just assumed this one did too.

You cannot use it in the microwave. The rim contains metal which stabilizes it.

Well, duh. I guess I'm glad I asked before I blew up the microwave! DH would just love that! LOL

Glad I could save your marriage - and your house!:p

I WISH it was microwavable though! That was the first thing I checked out in the product room at NC.

BethCooks4U said:
You cannot use it in the microwave. The rim contains metal which stabilizes it.

Are you sure about that? I don't have one of these cake pans - I did see it at our cluster meeting tonight, but didn't look that closely. However, I don't remember seeing any exposed metal. If the metal is covered by the silicone it's safe to use in the microwave oven, because the microwaves won't be reflected off the metal.

The Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan says it is Dishwasher-freezer-and oven safe. So I would assume it is the same for the Silicone Crown Cake pan. I would not put it in the micro-wave. It should list how it can be used on the information provided with the pan.

The Use & Care says "Not microwave safe" in the Safeguards section.

pampchefsarah said:
Are you sure about that? I don't have one of these cake pans - I did see it at our cluster meeting tonight, but didn't look that closely. However, I don't remember seeing any exposed metal. If the metal is covered by the silicone it's safe to use in the microwave oven, because the microwaves won't be reflected off the metal.

Yes. I called the test kitchens when the cupcake pan came out and they said absolutely not in the microwave. Product show room people (aka test kitchen people) said the same thing about this one. Don't do it.

1. Can the "Microwave & Silicone Crown Cake" be used in a traditional oven?

No, the "Microwave & Silicone Crown Cake" is specifically designed for use in a microwave only. It is not safe to use in a traditional oven.

2. How do I clean the "Microwave & Silicone Crown Cake"?

The "Microwave & Silicone Crown Cake" can be easily cleaned with warm soapy water and a soft sponge or cloth. It is also dishwasher safe for convenience.

3. Is the "Microwave & Silicone Crown Cake" safe to use with high temperatures?

Yes, the silicone material used in the "Microwave & Silicone Crown Cake" is heat-resistant and safe to use with high temperatures in the microwave.

4. Can I use metal utensils with the "Microwave & Silicone Crown Cake"?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with the "Microwave & Silicone Crown Cake" as they can damage the silicone material. It is best to use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils.

5. What is the maximum capacity of the "Microwave & Silicone Crown Cake"?

The "Microwave & Silicone Crown Cake" has a maximum capacity of 10 cups, making it perfect for baking large cakes or other desserts in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcmissyfee
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • susan g
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Intrepid_Chef