• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake - Tips & Ideas

In summary, the best type of chocolate to use for a chocolate peanut butter cake is a high-quality dark chocolate. You can also substitute almond butter for peanut butter, prevent the cake from sticking to the pan by properly greasing and flouring it, and make the cake more moist by adding sour cream or yogurt to the batter or brushing it with simple syrup. Additionally, you can make the cake ahead of time and freeze it for later use.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
:love: And I SO want to try that chocolate peanut butter cake that came with it!:love:

Only thing is, I cannot wrap my brain around baking a cake for an hour, especially in my oven, and especially at a show!

Can this cake be baked in the microwave?

Also ... what is a good way to season it?

I haven't made that cake but I can't see why you couldn't do it in the microwave (13-15 minutes).

Season it by brushing oil on it every time you use it. Mine is well seasoned but I still put a little oil on it each time because it has so many edges.

I'm thinking some garlic salt and Italian seasoning would be good, but I'm open to suggestions!Thank you!Hi there! I'm glad you're excited to try out the baking kit. Unfortunately, I don't think the cake can be baked in the microwave as it requires a consistent and even heat source to properly rise and cook through. However, you can try experimenting with a smaller portion of the cake batter in a microwave-safe dish to see if it works for you. As for seasoning, garlic salt and Italian seasoning sounds like a great combination. You can also try sprinkling some Parmesan cheese on top before baking for added flavor. Happy baking!

1. What is the best type of chocolate to use for a chocolate peanut butter cake?

The best type of chocolate to use for a chocolate peanut butter cake is a high-quality dark chocolate. This will give the cake a rich and intense chocolate flavor.

2. Can I substitute almond butter for peanut butter in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute almond butter for peanut butter in this recipe. The cake will still have a delicious nutty flavor, but it will be slightly different from the traditional peanut butter taste.

3. How do I prevent the cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the cake from sticking to the pan, make sure to properly grease and flour the pan before adding the batter. You can also line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for easier removal.

4. How can I make the cake more moist?

To make the cake more moist, try adding a tablespoon of sour cream or yogurt to the batter. You can also brush the top of the cake with a simple syrup before frosting to add moisture.

5. Can I make this cake ahead of time and freeze it?

Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time and freeze it. Wrap the cooled cake tightly in plastic wrap and then again in aluminum foil before freezing. Thaw the cake in the refrigerator before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
linda0321
  • Alanna1
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies