• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help With Sticking Fluted Pans!

In summary, Debbie said that she uses equal parts of shortening and flour to make a mixture that she then stores in a sealed container. She also says that it does not come out pasty or sticky. She suggests brushing the inside surface of the mini fluted stones with vegetable oil before using them. Lastly, Tara said that she uses a can of cooking spray in her rolling case that travels with her to shows.
heat123
Silver Member
Ok, I have use my large fluted several times to roast a chicken and tried to bake two cake in it. But both times even after buttering the entire thing I had it stick so I couldn't display it!:mad:

I just used my mini fluted last month and same problem! I need tips on how to make them none stick as they obviously need seasoning! I am making mini pumpkin loaves in them and need them not to stick!:eek:

Help! TIA for any suggestions!

Have you seasoned the stones yet? If not you should do so. I'd rub vegetable oil into the stone and repeate a few times over the next few days.

Use this mixture:

Mix 1 part each of flour, shortening, and oil. Mix well. Store in a sealed container.

Brush on stone before you use it when you want a clean release. Works every time.

I just brush the inside surface with veg oil with the silicone basting brush. I have only used it two or three times, but it worked like a charm with cakes and bread.

I actually did try the oil on the minis as the butter did not work for the large fluted, still stuck. :O(

Debbie when you say equal parts how much of each and does it come out pasty or sticky with the flour and shortening?

tlennhoff said:
Have you seasoned the stones yet? If not you should do so. I'd rub vegetable oil into the stone and repeate a few times over the next few days.

bake it after wards or just rub them in it until I use it???

I've just rubbed it in although baking something really oily/greasing would also help. I actually seasoned my stones by doing this 3-5 times before needing to use them the 1st time and they've worked fine ever since.

do you just rub with oil and leave it on the counter or do you rub with oil and bake the stone?

PamI just spray the pan with PAM and I have never had anything stick. I love the new Pam with flour spray and that works great too.
Debbie :D

heat123 said:
Debbie when you say equal parts how much of each and does it come out pasty or sticky with the flour and shortening?

Just equal parts. You can start with 1/2 c of each, or if you want to make a larger batch, do one cup of each. Do whatever you want as long as you put the same amount of each ingredient in there.

It does not come out pasty or sticky. Just make sure you mix it really well so all the ingredients are incorporated. Then brush on with the basting brush.

DebbieSAChef said:
I just spray the pan with PAM and I have never had anything stick. I love the new Pam with flour spray and that works great too.
Debbie :D

I agree...but it has to be Pam or any other cooking spray with flour. :D

Hmm, and here I thought we weren't supposed to or else it made the pans sticky with a residue!??

bakers joy is what I use on all my stones.
try making meatloaf with bacon in it (or the mini's) it will season them !
Teresa

I use pam on my other stones and don't get a sticky residue. Sometimes if it does get gross I scrub it with baking soda and a green scrubby sponge.

You aren't supposed to use cooking spray on areas that are going to be "exposed", such as the flat sones, but it's ok to use in the bakers/casseroles b/c they are covered with food. I use pam in the fluted pan and don't have any problems.

Good to know Tara, thanks! I learn something new every day here at CS! :eek:)

sarahmarie said:
do you just rub with oil and leave it on the counter or do you rub with oil and bake the stone?

I just rub it with oil.

it's funny....i have a can of cooking spray in my rolling case that travels with me to shows.

I've also used it for a "quick tip" the last few shows when i've made the chocolate pecan lattice tart. Did you know that if you spray the measuring spoon with cooking spray before you measure honey or corn syrup, it will slide right out? Everybody likes that tip!

Tara1021 said:
it's funny....i have a can of cooking spray in my rolling case that travels with me to shows.

I've also used it for a "quick tip" the last few shows when i've made the chocolate pecan lattice tart. Did you know that if you spray the measuring spoon with cooking spray before you measure honey or corn syrup, it will slide right out? Everybody likes that tip!

Why not the kitchen spritzer?

I have gone to two shows where the host doesnt have Pam. I used veggie oil at one and the other is all organic...so i had to use coconut oil and a paper towel to grease the silicone pan!

My personal favorite is the "Baker's Magic" that was mentioned above - oil, shortening and flour. You can mix it up and keep extras in the fridge (just let it come up to room temp before using so it spreads easier).

For quick seasoning, make a meatloaf in your fluted pan.

Sometimes sticking issues are not from the pan. If you're making cake and don't bake it quite enough, it will break apart when you try to turn it out, no matter how well-lubed the pan is.

pcleah said:
Why not the kitchen spritzer?

I was wondering the same thing. Why display a cooking spray they can buy at the grocery store when you could be selling kitchen spritzers?

hmmm...DUH~ never thought of that. I was using the kitchen spritzer for the fluted pan, but found that cooking spray works better for the release factor. Not sure why, but i will use the kitchen spritzer in the future for the corn syrup/honey release. I quit carrying the kitchen spritzer when i discoverd the pam worked better on the fluted pan for the micro cakes.

Yay- I made two batches of pumpkin bread mini flutes and they did not stick this time! I brushed them with oil and let it soak a few days then sprayed with pam just before the batter! Thanks!

I had trouble w/ mine the first time when I went to take out the cakes. I had used vegi oil and rubed it down real good, but the first one didn't come out good so my DH told me to leave it alone and he'd take care of it b/c he is more patient than me. So he let it cool a little bit longer and eased the rest out and they were perfect. Maybe you aren't letting it cool long enough and being careful when taking them out?? Good luck, they are so cute when you get them to come out right!

SEASONING stoneware - similar to seasoning cast iron...

1/2 cup crisco and 1/4 cup salt - (trust me, it works!) spread over surfaces you want to be nonstick on stoneware.

Bake in a 200 degree oven 30 minutes, remove to cool. Scrub with Kitchen Brush and hot water, not trying to remove all the oils, but just get the salt off. Shake dry, leave out.

You're done - it's now nonstick! It works wonders for new stones. Have had my original roundstone break, but not our 11yo from the first PC show I saw...it's dark dark brown.

I use Baker's Secret and Pam with flour whenever using fluted pans, big or mini.

You can try the Martha Stewart thing - also using our Oil Spritzer - spray a liberal coat of oil, then take a small amount of the cake mix you are making, and sprinkle it in the pan - shake around for even coating, knock out excess. I just use the Flour Pam stuff, works great.

scottcooks said:
SEASONING stoneware - similar to seasoning cast iron...

1/2 cup crisco and 1/4 cup salt - (trust me, it works!) spread over surfaces you want to be nonstick on stoneware.

Bake in a 200 degree oven 30 minutes, remove to cool. Scrub with Kitchen Brush and hot water, not trying to remove all the oils, but just get the salt off. Shake dry, leave out.

You're done - it's now nonstick! It works wonders for new stones. Have had my original roundstone break, but not our 11yo from the first PC show I saw...it's dark dark brown.

I use Baker's Secret and Pam with flour whenever using fluted pans, big or mini.

You can try the Martha Stewart thing - also using our Oil Spritzer - spray a liberal coat of oil, then take a small amount of the cake mix you are making, and sprinkle it in the pan - shake around for even coating, knock out excess. I just use the Flour Pam stuff, works great.

The crisco you mention, is that oil or the nasty stuff that comes in a can....:confused: :eek:

"Crisco" usually means solid shortening, which is a great lubricant for pans, since it doesn't contain any water, like butter does.

Tara1021 said:
hmmm...DUH~ never thought of that. I was using the kitchen spritzer for the fluted pan, but found that cooking spray works better for the release factor. Not sure why, but i will use the kitchen spritzer in the future for the corn syrup/honey release. I quit carrying the kitchen spritzer when i discoverd the pam worked better on the fluted pan for the micro cakes.
I have ONLY used the kitchen spritzer to season every one of my stones. On the stones with lots of edges like the fluted pan, I do spread the oil with a paper towel to be sure that it covers all of the surface. I have never had anything stick - except an occasional small part of cake in that fluted pan but even then it's so small that after garnishing you can't tell.

The kitchen spritzer is the ONLY PC item that I DO NOT like. I just can't be sure its going to spray right when I use it and I hate to have an item not work properly when I am using it at a show. I use vegetable oil and the silicone brush like someone else mentioned and I have never had anything really stick. It sounds like there are lots of good suggestions on here though!

chefann said:
"Crisco" usually means solid shortening, which is a great lubricant for pans, since it doesn't contain any water, like butter does.

THANKS!!!:D :D :D

Thanks for the seasoning tip Scott! I have been looking for a simple, one-time process like this to share with my customers!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
Replies