• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Solving the Mystery of Sticky Cakes in a Fluted Stone

so after that, you don't spray it with anything (once it's seasoned really good?).... Thanks a lot!
ChefPaulaB
Having a problem with my cakes sticking in my fluted stone. I spray it (very generously) with Baker's Joy, let it cook the right amount of time, sit the right amount of time, and it still sticks. I am using it at just about every show this month and would like to fix this problem. Is there any way to season it quickly. About the only thing I ever make in it is the micro-cakes and they don't seem to be doing a lot of seasoning. I did a chicken in it once, but wasn't overly impressed with that. I know that people talk about seasoning the large bar pan quickly by making bacon in it, but don't think that would work with this.... TIA!!!

Cooking sprays, even those with flour, will actually cause build-up that causes sticking.There's a seasoning recipe floating around here (Scott and Kelly have both posted it) that uses shortening and salt on a stone to season it.You can also make a batch of Pan-Ease and use that to grease the pan. Combine equal parts flour, shortening and oil. Brush onto pan before use. Store, covered, in the fridge.
The nice thing about the Pan-Ease is that you can make a little batch (1 Tb. of each ingredient) or a big one (1 cup of each ingredient).

After I made a meatloaf in mine I never had another problem with sticking. You might might to try that. (And put up with the quizzical looks from your family about why the meatloaf is shaped weird!!) LOL

I use olive oil & silicone basting brush. Be sure to get the cone really well.
But as prevous post stated, cooking meatloaf or a whole chicken (standing up) does the trick!

I use my pastry brush and oil my pan that way. I never have had a problem and mine is fairly new.

When I do the microwave cake I don't oil the pan because I add 1/2 a tub of icing to the batter before I cook it. The icing works like oil. However, my stone isn't getting seasoned. To season it, I would follow Ann's instructions. Thanks Ann!!

Hmmm, that makes sense, because the first few times that I used it I don't remember any sticking, now it get's worse every time... I will try the meatloaf... so after that, you don't spray it with anything (once it's seasoned really good?).... Thanks a lot!

So, can someone share a good meatloaf recipe for the fluted stone? I saw one in the files for the DCB, would that work? Is it a good one?

pjpamchef said:
I use olive oil & silicone basting brush. Be sure to get the cone really well.
But as prevous post stated, cooking meatloaf or a whole chicken (standing up) does the trick!

I use a canola oil and silicone basting brush. I've never had a problem with cake sticking in it and I do a lot of micro cakes at my shows. I've also made a pull apart garlic bread and it's then seasoned with butter. I've never used sprays on it so maybe that's why I'm having good luck?

chefann said:
Cooking sprays, even those with flour, will actually cause build-up that causes sticking.

There's a seasoning recipe floating around here (Scott and Kelly have both posted it) that uses shortening and salt on a stone to season it.

You can also make a batch of Pan-Ease and use that to grease the pan. Combine equal parts flour, shortening and oil. Brush onto pan before use. Store, covered, in the fridge.
The nice thing about the Pan-Ease is that you can make a little batch (1 Tb. of each ingredient) or a big one (1 cup of each ingredient).

I am trying to find the post for this but can't seem to find it... anyone know where it is? Please!

The chocolate velvet strawberry cake recipe suggests flipping the pan over for 10 minutes after it's done cooking. The natural steam from the cake helps loosen it from the pan. I never had a problem with this. You can also use a knife to help seperate the cake from the sides. I also just spray veggie oil from the kitchen spritzer all over.

babywings76 said:
So, can someone share a good meatloaf recipe for the fluted stone? I saw one in the files for the DCB, would that work? Is it a good one?

there is no special meatloaf recipe. Just make the one you like and bake it in the fluted stone instead of the loaf pan. You'll probably need to decrease the cooking time.

Thank you so much! I am going to try the meatloaf and the seasoning trick (not at the same time :rolleyes:)

ChefPaulaB said:
Hmmm, that makes sense, because the first few times that I used it I don't remember any sticking, now it get's worse every time... I will try the meatloaf... so after that, you don't spray it with anything (once it's seasoned really good?).... Thanks a lot!

I have been told that it is the aerosol in the cooking spray that makes it stick... it should not be sprayed on stoneware or cookware because of this. :yuck:

a baking soda and course salt mixture with a drop or two of water rubbed all over the stone, should clean off the aerosol residue and then it just needs to be re-seasoned. I seasoned mine in the oven by making pull apart bread... you can make them garlic or use the cinnamon sprinkle...

1 or 2 rolls of biscuit dough
melted butter
sprinkle or seasoning...

cut the biscuit pieces into halves or quarters
dip them into the melted butter
sprinkle with seasoning of choice and bake

Yum!!:love:

1. Why do my cakes stick to the fluted stone?

There are a few possible reasons for this. First, make sure you are greasing the stone properly with non-stick cooking spray or butter. You can also try using parchment paper to line the bottom of the pan. Another common cause is overfilling the pan, which can cause the batter to overflow and stick to the sides. Finally, make sure you are allowing the cake to cool completely before trying to remove it from the pan.

2. Can I use cooking spray on my fluted stone?

Yes, non-stick cooking spray is the recommended method for greasing your fluted stone. Make sure to use a light, even coating to prevent any excess from pooling in the crevices of the pan.

3. How do I clean my fluted stone?

Cleaning your fluted stone is easy! Allow it to cool completely, then rinse it with hot water and use a gentle scrub brush to remove any stuck on food. Avoid using soap or harsh chemicals, as this can ruin the seasoning of the stone. Once clean, dry the pan thoroughly and lightly coat it with oil before storing.

4. Can I use my fluted stone in the oven and on the stovetop?

No, the fluted stone is designed for use in the oven only. Do not use it on the stovetop or in the microwave.

5. How do I prevent my cakes from sticking in the future?

In addition to properly greasing the pan, you can also try lowering the oven temperature by 25 degrees and adding an extra 5 minutes to the baking time. This will allow the cake to release from the pan more easily. You can also try using a baking spray with flour, or lightly dusting the pan with flour before adding the batter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pchockeymom
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • loreo