• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Micro Cake Problem in Fluted Stone

You may want to make a meatloaf in your fluted pan every now and again too and that will season it very nicely so your cakes flip right out at the party!Or roast a chicken in it like you would beer can chicken with the end cavity over the middle of the stone and the chicken standing straight up. Put some veggies and flavored liquid in the bottom and it's most of your meal.
DebPC
Staff member
I finally made my first micro cake in our Fluted Stone. I greased really well with canola oil but it stuck on the bottom when I flipped it. Had to make some repairs. any tips or tricks? Otherwise it was delicious!!!

I always put my frosting in on top of the batter before I nuke it. The frosting cooks through the cake and settles on the bottom so when you flip it over you end up with a glaze on the top. The frosting also acts like the oil. I always had sticking problems, too until I started doing this. Now, no stick!!

I know we're not supposed to use Pam, but I use the Pam with Flour and it doesn't create a sticky residue. It almost always pops out just fine with that. As long as it's with flour. Good luck!

Great tips! Thanks so much! I just used canola oil on our basting brush- although I did make sure to do a good job of coating. Interesting how a frosting can sink to the bottom.
From CS I also made the Microwave Peanut Butter Dump Cake in the DCB. OMG. I'm not even crazy for peanut butter- but it was heaven. I'm definately adding this to my shows. So quick and easy!

I use the pan for baking too. It works so well. I have probably made hundreds of these cakes in that stone an it is still in good shape.

What is the Peanut Butter Dump Cake?? Sounds yummy??
Thanks

Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump Cake
Hand mix a Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (mix together per directions on pkg.) in the Deep Covered Baker. Then on top scoop a can of chocolate frosting, and then scoop a cup of creamy peanut butter. Put it in a microwave with turntable for 11-12 minutes, uncovered. To die for!!!

You may want to make a meatloaf in your fluted pan every now and again too and that will season it very nicely so your cakes flip right out outathere! :)

Or roast a chicken in it like you would beer can chicken with the end cavity over the middle of the stone and the chicken standing straight up. put some veggies and flavored liquid in the bottom and it's most of your meal.

That is a great idea. I have lots of consultants that make this recipe at parties I will let them know your tip.Thanks

Happy Chef said:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump Cake
Hand mix a Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (mix together per directions on pkg.) in the Deep Covered Baker. Then on top scoop a can of chocolate frosting, and then scoop a cup of creamy peanut butter. Put it in a microwave with turntable for 11-12 minutes, uncovered. To die for!!!

If you don't have a turntable, could you rotate this after 5 minutes or perhaps every 4 minutes?

1. What is a "Micro Cake Problem" in a Fluted Stone?

A "Micro Cake Problem" in a Fluted Stone refers to the issue of small or unevenly cooked cakes when using a fluted stone baking pan. This can be caused by improper preparation or baking techniques.

2. How can I prevent the "Micro Cake Problem" when using a Fluted Stone?

To prevent the "Micro Cake Problem," it is important to properly prepare the fluted stone pan before use. This includes greasing the pan with cooking spray or butter and flour, and allowing it to preheat in the oven for at least 10 minutes before adding the cake batter. Additionally, make sure to evenly distribute the batter in the pan and avoid overfilling.

3. Can I use a Fluted Stone for any type of cake?

Yes, a Fluted Stone can be used for a variety of cakes, including pound cakes, coffee cakes, and even some bundt cakes. However, it is important to adjust the baking time and temperature according to the specific recipe and the size of the fluted stone to ensure proper cooking.

4. How do I clean and care for my Fluted Stone?

To clean a Fluted Stone, let it cool completely before washing it with warm soapy water. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils, as they can damage the stone. Allow the pan to air dry or dry with a soft cloth. To prevent the stone from cracking, never place it in cold water while it is still hot from the oven.

5. Can I use my Fluted Stone in the microwave?

No, Fluted Stones are not microwave safe. They are designed to be used in a conventional oven only. Using a Fluted Stone in the microwave can cause it to crack or break, and may also result in unevenly cooked cakes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheftiffany
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • kristina16marie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jla8279
  • SusanBP0129