• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

White Cake in a Fluted Stone: Can It Work?

In summary, a fluted stone can be used to make a white cake and it is recommended to adjust the baking time. There is no need to grease the stone and it can be used with a boxed white cake mix. To clean the stone, let it cool before washing it with warm water and mild soap.
linojackie
I'm sure one of you knowledgeable cheffers out there has the answer I'm looking for, so here's the question...I have a white cake mix and was thinking about making a micro-cake in the fluted stone, but I thought I heard white cake was like the only one that wouldn't work for that. Is that true? If so, or instead, does anyone know of any yummy cake recipes that I can make with a white cake?

If you have any crushed pineapples and some coconut you could add that to the white cake. its super yummy! I always have those on hand, but realize many people might not.

--in fact, i just realized I have some ripe bananas and that would go well too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use white cake mix... no problem!

1. Can I use a fluted stone to make a white cake?

Yes, you can definitely use a fluted stone to make a white cake. The fluted stone is designed to evenly distribute heat, resulting in a perfectly baked cake.

2. Do I need to adjust the baking time when using a fluted stone for a white cake?

Yes, it is recommended to adjust the baking time when using a fluted stone for a white cake. The baking time may be slightly shorter due to the even heat distribution of the fluted stone.

3. Do I need to grease the fluted stone before baking a white cake?

No, you do not need to grease the fluted stone before baking a white cake. The stone is naturally non-stick and greasing it may cause the cake to stick to the pan.

4. Can I use a boxed white cake mix with a fluted stone?

Yes, you can use a boxed white cake mix with a fluted stone. Simply follow the instructions on the cake mix and adjust the baking time as needed.

5. How do I clean a fluted stone after baking a white cake?

To clean a fluted stone after baking a white cake, let it cool completely before washing it with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers, as they can damage the stone's non-stick surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pamperedva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Pamperedva
  • muffetts
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • ccrcata