• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake in the Fluted Stone

just leave on HIGH for 9-11 minutes. •For high wattage microwaves (more than 800 watts), check cake at 6 minutes and then every 30 seconds thereafter until cake comes out clean.
pletcherdee
Hi folks,

I have been doing the warm chocolate hazelnut cake at my shows in the rice cooker, and everyone has loved it. But I just got the fluted stone and see that this cake can be made in it, as well. I want to try it, but thought I'd ask for some feedback--is it as good in the stone as it is in the rice cooker? Still as moist?

I am going to make it tomorrow morning, as a Practice run--(was supposed to do it tonight, but forgot the cake mix at the store.....when I went to get cake mix!!) My show is tomorrow night.

Any opinions about which is better?

Thanks

Deanna

I was just wandering the same thing! Are you talking about microwaving it still? Or baking it in the stoneware? Let me know how it turned out :)

I prefer it in the fluted stone myself, but it just looks so much prettier! But I'll take it however I can - I'm a Nutella freak!

So do you use the fluted stone in the Microwave for this or the oven?

I've done it in the microwave. I think it's just as moist.

great, thanks! I'm going to try it tonight

I've always done a quick cake as my second recipe at show. I used to always make the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake. Never sold a skillet due to the cake. Then I switched to the Fluted pan cake in the microwave. I consistanty sold about 1 at every show. Then I switched to the Rice Cooker cake. Now I sell a rice cooker to nearly every guest at the show.

So, I kept going down in price value with my cakes, but I've increased my sales dramatically by going down. Everyone loves the rice cooker cake, everyone can do it, everyone has time to do it, and it's very affordable.

Now I am curious about cakes in the rice cooker....does anybody have a list of recipies besides the hazelnut cake? I would be intereseted in that!

Thanks!

Here are the recipes I have.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 10 Minute Microwave Cake.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 489
  • Fluted Pan Cake - Double Chocolate1.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 277
  • Fluted cake pan recipes jan2003.doc
    41 KB · Views: 298
  • Fluted cake pan recipes.doc
    34 KB · Views: 309
  • More Micro Cakes.doc
    31 KB · Views: 421
Where can I find the recipe for the warm chocolate hazelnut cake? Which cookbook is it in? Thanks

If you absolutely love chocolate, I have to recommend the Killer Chocolate Cake. I made one last night and brought it into work this morning...the thing is almost GONE!!!!

I found the recipe on this site with a bunch of other fluted stoneware ones.

Did you find the Warm chocolate hazelnut cake recipe?? The website says in the seasons best for winter and spring 2006 . Does anyone have this recipe?? I have a host who has requested that I make it for her party. Thanks in advance.

Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake RecipeIngredients

1 ⁄ 2 cups whole hazelnuts, toasted, divided
1 container chocolate hazelnut spread, divided (13 ounces)
3⅔ cups water
1 ⁄ 4 cups oil
3 eggs
1 ⁄ 4 teasp Pantry Double Strength Vanilla
1 pkg devil’s food cake mix with pudding in the mix
⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, coarsely grated
Vanilla ice cream and fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and red grapes (optional)

Method

This rustic, European-style cake is designed to “bake” in the microwave oven using our Rice Cooker Plus with moist and delicious results.
1. Place hazelnuts in Small Oval Baker; microwave on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring after each 30-second interval. Cool completely. Rub between damp paper towels to remove any loosened skins from hazelnuts; discard skins.
2. Lightly brush bottom and sides of Rice Cooker Pluswith oil using Pastry Brush. Coarsely grate 1⁄4 cup of the hazelnuts into rice cooker using Deluxe Cheese Grater, turning rice cooker to coat completely. Allow excess grated nuts to evenly coat bottom; set aside.
3. Place 3⁄4 cup of the hazelnut spread in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-40 seconds or until slightly melted. Gradually add water, whisking using Stainless Whisk. Add oil, eggs and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Add cake mix and coarsely grated chocolate morsels; whisk until smooth.
4. Pour batter into prepared rice cooker. Do not cover with lid. Microwave on HIGH 9-11 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean (cake may appear slightly wet on top). Remove cake from microwave; let stand 5 minutes. Invert cake onto Simple Additions Medium Square. Place remaining hazelnut spread in Prep Bowl and microwave on HIGH 10-15 seconds or until melted; drizzle over cake. Coarsely chop remaining hazelnuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over cake. Serve immediately with ice cream and fruit, if desired.

Cook’s Tips
•This cake should only be baked in a microwave with a built-in turntable.
•For low wattage microwaves (less than 800 watts), do not check cake for doneness before 10 minutes. The wattage information should be printed on the inside of the
microwave door.
•This cake can also be microwaved in the Stoneware Fluted Pan. Microwave on HIGH 10-13 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

What ingredients are needed to make Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake in the Fluted Stone?

The ingredients needed for this recipe are: 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened), 1 cup granulated sugar, 2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 cup buttermilk, 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.

Can I substitute any ingredients in this recipe?

You can substitute the hazelnuts for any other type of nut, and the chocolate chips can be swapped for white chocolate chips or chopped chocolate chunks. However, we do not recommend substituting any other ingredients as it may alter the texture and flavor of the cake.

How do I properly prepare the Fluted Stone before baking?

To prepare the Fluted Stone, you will want to lightly grease the surface with butter or cooking spray. Then, sprinkle a small amount of flour over the surface and evenly coat the entire stone. This will help prevent the cake from sticking to the stone while baking.

How long should I bake the cake for?

The Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake should be baked for approximately 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can test the doneness of the cake by inserting a toothpick into the center - if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time and reheat it before serving. Once the cake has cooled, cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. To reheat, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the cake for 10-15 minutes until warmed through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • muffetts
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Alanna1
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies