• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Microwave Cake in Fluted Stone

In summary, the recipe for a chocolate microwave cake that has an ingredient of frosting requires one package of cake mix, one tub of frosting, and twelve minutes in the microwave.
gratergirl
Hi if anyone has the recipe for a chocolate microwave cake made in the fluted stone that has an ingredient of frosting in it.....one of my friends is looking for that recipe. Please send it to me. TIA

1 Pkg cake mix, mixed according to directions.
Pour into fluted pan.
1 tub of frosting, whatever compliments cake flavor (dark choc/devils food, german choc/german choc, white/dark choc, etc.. whatever you like)
Dollop frosting on top of cake mixture.
Microwave for 12 min. Let stand 20-25 min and then depan. Viola... 1 frosted cake with no mess, no fuss.

chefann said:
1 Pkg cake mix, mixed according to directions.
Pour into fluted pan.
1 tub of frosting, whatever compliments cake flavor (dark choc/devils food, german choc/german choc, white/dark choc, etc.. whatever you like)
Dollop frosting on top of cake mixture.
Microwave for 12 min. Let stand 20-25 min and then depan. Viola... 1 frosted cake with no mess, no fuss.

The tub of frosting?

I use a little over a 1/3 of the tub and it's reallllll gooey/messy! I couldn't imagine the whole tub :eek:

kcjodih said:
I use a little over a 1/3 of the tub and it's reallllll gooey/messy! I couldn't imagine the whole tub :eek:

OK...thank you, Jodi:D

Ooo--I always use a full tub of frosting. When you invert the cake over on a serving tray there is extra frosting on the sides that looks pretty. I always top it with some powered sugar and then add strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. It's a HUGE crowd pleaser and SO easy!

I always use the full tub and it is never a mess. Scoop on the icing with the small or medium scoop. Microwave exactly as Ann said - about 12 minutes and let sit for 20 - there will be no gloppy mess and it will be beautiful! My favorite by far is the german chocolate or spice cake mix with the coconut/pecan icing. I sell a fluted pan or two and nearly every show!

Cindycooks said:
I always use the full tub and it is never a mess. Scoop on the icing with the small or medium scoop. Microwave exactly as Ann said - about 12 minutes and let sit for 20 - there will be no gloppy mess and it will be beautiful! My favorite by far is the german chocolate or spice cake mix with the coconut/pecan icing. I sell a fluted pan or two and nearly every show!

When you do the German Chocolate one do you put the icing in first - before the cake mix? I was told that this is the only one that you do that way. I haven't tried it yet so any advice is great. thanks!

Nope Linda - I tried it out at home on hubby first (German Choc is his absolute favorite) and he ate 3 pieces!!! Make sure you spritz the pan well. I just scoop the icing right on top of the mix with the small scoop - very impressive! The guests all about die, then pop it in the microwave while Im demoing something else - then just dump it out on the large square after it sits about 15-20 minutes. It always falls right out! It is very moist on top which makes it really gooey and good!!!

Cindycooks said:
Nope Linda - I tried it out at home on hubby first (German Choc is his absolute favorite) and he ate 3 pieces!!! Make sure you spritz the pan well. I just scoop the icing right on top of the mix with the small scoop - very impressive! The guests all about die, then pop it in the microwave while Im demoing something else - then just dump it out on the large square after it sits about 15-20 minutes. It always falls right out! It is very moist on top which makes it really gooey and good!!!

That's my husband's fave too! What did you use to spritz the pan with? I usually use either Baker's Joy or the new Pam with flour when I bake in my fluted pan in the oven. Or are you just using oil?

Just oil in our spritzer!

Great, thanks. I'm trying this tomorrow!

This is my favorite thing to do.. I call it the Magic Cake.

Friday night I was at a show and half way thru, while on my stoneware pitch, I mentioned this and next thing I know, they all say, can we make one now?? Well I actually had all the ingredient with me as I was headed up to Charlevoix to do a show for my girls weekend. So we threw one together, and they were totally amazed. Sold two fluted pans!!

I use the whole tub, the more gooey frosting the better for me!!

Just saw a carrot cake topped with the usual cream cheese frosting, then the Hershey's toffee bits on top. That's my next demo, and will sprinkle the toffee bits on top after I depan the cake. Then again, cherry chip with dark chocolate fudge is screaming for me!!!!!!

I did one with the cream cheese frosting and it sort of ... curdled. My family said it tasted good but they didn't eat the whole cake like they usually do. When I've been doing the German Choc. I've been putting the icing in first. I'll have to try one tomorrow with it dolloped on top and see which they like better as I'm demoing it on Thursday again.

I have to enter a disclaimer here that I've not actually made this. I saw the request and knew I had seen the recipe on another post, so I just copied that into this thread.

Can you make this in anything other than the fluted pan?

I have had trouble with my micro cakes coming out of my fluted pan. I use Baker's Joy in them, but the last chocolate cake that I made, I had a heck of a time getting it to come out. Any suggestions?

Amanda, try seasoning your stone by cooking a meatloaf or chicken in it. :)

Thanks for the tip Ann, I will do that this weekend.

I have been doing the pumpkin spice cake in the fluted pan. i have gotten rave reviews at every show I have made this. The last show I did the girls said they gave away theyre stoneware due to it being to heavy. What a bummer. They're goes half my show. oH well
Thanks for listening
Teresa

pamperedlinda said:
Great, thanks. I'm trying this tomorrow!

Linda,

How did it come out??
I am going to make this tomorrow night for dessert!!
Thanks,
Becky

I must be doing something wrongMy cakes always run over and make a mess in the microwave. Are you supposed to use the entire prepared (according to pkg directions) cake mix at once? What am I doing wrong?

rbergwrightchef said:
Linda,

How did it come out??
Thanks,
Becky
I didn't get to it yet. I've been so swamped this week - plus somehow I got talked in to doing birthday cakes for my son's teacher's son. Like I have so much extra time on my hands! Oh well, I like cake decorating, just wish I didn't have to do it today! I'll get around to making the micro-cake sometime in the next few days, I'll post my results. Thanks for checking on me!:)

Did you all miss my post?? I would like to try this, but wondered if it could be made in any other stoneware, as I do not have the fluted pan.

Cake deflates....My cakes always puff up while they cook in the microwave, but then deflate like a flat tire when they're done cooking. Is it just me or is that how they normally cook?

To answer the question about using something other than the fluted stoneware pan. We also make these "Magic Cakes" in our Rice Cookers.
The timing on one of them with the frosting scoops is 8 - 10 minutes in
the revolving platter type microwaves. It should set in the oven, after
it has baked and been tested for "doneness", for ten minutes. Then you
can tip it out on a plate. If it is not completely baked for some reason,
(low powered or older microwave), just tip it back in the Cooker and give it another minute or two. It generally rises to about 6 inches high, and looks
elegant when served. NOTE: I changed the original instructions about putting the frosting in with the raw batter. I now get better results by
putting three scoops of frosting on the warm baked cake, and helping spread it so that the frosting oozes down the sides of the cake. It does not have to cover the entire surface of the sides when you make a Chocolate with Chocolate frosting. You might think differently with a paler variety of cake.

jentapp said:
My cakes always puff up while they cook in the microwave, but then deflate like a flat tire when they're done cooking. Is it just me or is that how they normally cook?

Mine do the same but they still come out fine.

Also, a hint on having them come out of the pan easier, not only get it seasoned but if it is like mine and still not seasoned all that well, I spray it with cooking spray but when I invert the cake onto a cake plate, I let the pan stay on it for about 10 minutes. I think the steam helps the bottom (or top when inverted) to loosen a bit.

rbergwrightchef said:
Linda,

How did it come out??
Thanks,
Becky

Well, I did it at my show today. I did warn everyone that I hadn't tried this and that I was sweating a little just thinking about doing it in front of them without practicing! It sort of stuck a little, but everyone said that it tasted really good. I didn't sell any fluted stones though so I'm thinking that they were just being nice about it!

1. How do I prepare the Chocolate Microwave Cake in Fluted Stone?

To prepare the Chocolate Microwave Cake in Fluted Stone, you will need a Fluted Stone from Pampered Chef, a microwave, and the ingredients included in the recipe. First, grease the Fluted Stone with cooking spray. Then, mix the ingredients according to the recipe and pour into the Fluted Stone. Microwave for the recommended time and let it cool before serving.

2. Can I use a regular microwave-safe dish instead of the Fluted Stone?

For best results, we recommend using the Fluted Stone specifically designed for this recipe. The unique design of the Fluted Stone helps distribute the heat evenly, resulting in a perfectly cooked Chocolate Microwave Cake. However, if you do not have a Fluted Stone, you can use a similar microwave-safe dish with a similar size and shape.

3. How long does it take to cook the Chocolate Microwave Cake in Fluted Stone?

The cooking time may vary slightly depending on the wattage of your microwave. However, the average cooking time for the Chocolate Microwave Cake in Fluted Stone is around 8-10 minutes. We recommend checking the cake after 8 minutes and adding more time if needed until it is fully cooked.

4. Can I make any substitutions for the ingredients?

While we always encourage experimenting in the kitchen, we recommend following the recipe as closely as possible for the best results. However, you can make substitutions for dietary restrictions or personal preferences, such as using gluten-free flour or dairy-free milk. Just keep in mind that the texture and taste of the final product may vary.

5. How do I clean the Fluted Stone after making the Chocolate Microwave Cake?

The Fluted Stone is dishwasher safe, making clean-up a breeze. You can also hand wash it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Make sure to let it cool completely before washing to avoid any damage. Avoid using metal utensils on the Fluted Stone to prevent scratching.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lindseystar
  • frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
cochef