• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help With Batter and Prep Bowl Recipes

In summary, the person is having trouble with their batter bowl cakes, both in the oven and in the microwave. They have tried using a full box of Duncan Hines cake mix and baking at 350 degrees for 50-70 minutes, but the cakes still turn out burnt, with a hole in the middle, and difficult to remove from the bowl. They have also tried using Baker's Joy spray and going around the sides with a spreader before removing the cake. The person is unsure why the cakes are not turning out and is seeking advice.
stefani2
I LOVE LOVE LOVE both these products for everything EXCEPT BAKING - in the oven or microwave - it doesn't matter - I don't like them because the recipe NEVER turns out!

What is the trick/secret?

I follow the recipe and and it doesn't turn out.

Example:
I was making a BB cake to make a Bridal Cake for a PB Show last night. I had my doubts (because of bad past experience), so I asked my DH to help me (he is WAY better at cooking and baking then me!) and it spilled ALL over the oven, burnt on the top, didn't come out in one piece from the BB, and has a HUGE hole in the middle. Is this normal? We only used 1 cake mix (box) and it was half full - but still spilled over the top of the bowl during baking.

I can't even get microwave cakes to turn out - the Lemon OR Black Forest.

Please Please Please help me - I am so frustrated.

I don't know why it's not turning out for you?!? I have made several batter bowl cakes because I love them so much. I use a full box of Duncan Hines. I spray my Classic batter bowl with Baker's Joy. I mix the cake like on the box and just pour it in. I bake it at 350 for about 50-70 minutes, depending on the center. I have to remember sometimes that it does continue to bake a bit after removing, so don't bake too long or it will dry it out. I take my spreader and go around the sides before turning it upside down to aid in release.
Are you using the Classic or small batter bowl? I have not done cakes in the oven in the prep bowls yet, but have done them in microwave and they turned out fine too. I hope you can get it to work!!! Good Luck!:D

The trick to baking with these products is to make sure you follow the instructions carefully and accurately. It's also important to use the right size and type of baking dish. For example, if the recipe calls for an 8-inch round cake pan, make sure you use that size and not a different size. Another important tip is to make sure your oven is preheated to the correct temperature before putting the dish in. This will ensure even baking and prevent any mishaps like spilling over or burning on the top.When it comes to microwave cakes, it's important to use a microwave-safe dish and to adjust the cooking time according to the wattage of your microwave. If the recipe calls for a specific brand of cake mix, it's also a good idea to use that brand as different brands may have different ingredients and may not react the same way in the microwave.In general, it's important to carefully follow the instructions and not make any substitutions or changes to the recipe unless you are an experienced baker and know how to adjust ingredients and cooking times accordingly. Baking can be tricky, but with practice and attention to detail, you can definitely master it and have delicious results with these products.

1. How do I properly measure ingredients for batter and prep bowl recipes?

The best way to measure dry ingredients for batter and prep bowl recipes is to use measuring cups and spoons specifically designed for dry ingredients. For liquids, use a liquid measuring cup with markings on the side. Make sure to level off dry ingredients with a straight edge for accurate measurements.

2. Can I make batter and prep bowl recipes in advance?

Yes, many batter and prep bowl recipes can be made ahead of time. Some can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days, while others can be frozen for longer storage. Just be sure to follow proper storage guidelines for each specific recipe.

3. How do I prevent my batter or prep bowl recipe from sticking to the pan?

To prevent sticking, make sure to properly grease your pan with butter, oil, or cooking spray. You can also use parchment paper or non-stick pans for easier removal. Allow the pan to cool slightly before removing the batter or prep bowl recipe to reduce the risk of sticking.

4. Can I substitute ingredients in batter and prep bowl recipes?

In general, it is best to follow the recipe as written for the best results. However, some ingredients can be substituted depending on personal preferences and dietary restrictions. Be sure to research appropriate substitutes and adjust measurements accordingly.

5. What is the best way to clean batter and prep bowl recipes?

The best way to clean batter and prep bowl recipes is to allow them to soak in warm, soapy water for a few minutes before washing. Use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to gently scrub away any residue. If necessary, use a scrub brush or scraper for tougher stains. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a clean towel.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ejleinenbach
  • lisatx04
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lisatx04
  • Intrepid_Chef