• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Master Baking with Prep Bowls: Mini Cakes and Cupcakes Recipe

I got the idea here on the previous prep bowls thread. You just prepare the brownie batter as you usually would, and put 1/3 in each prep bowl, microwave for a minute and top with a scoop (or 2 or 3) of ice cream. It's SO good. (and addictive!)
lisatx04
Thanks to those who mentioned baking cakes in the prep bowls. I had forgotten about that, so this weekend, I baked 6 mini cakes and then with the left over batter, I made a few cupcakes out of the floral silicone pan. My kids loved them all!! I did not have any problems with any of them sticking. I think I may bake like this in the future since there isn't that much waste!!

I actually like to use them for pudding. I am on a diet right now, so I got sugar free no cal instant chocolate pudding, and I put them in the prep bowls and then just leave them in the fridge with the lid. This way they are my own little snack packs and are half the price because a box of instant pudding is like .50!!!!

randis said:
I actually like to use them for pudding. I am on a diet right now, so I got sugar free no cal instant chocolate pudding, and I put them in the prep bowls and then just leave them in the fridge with the lid. This way they are my own little snack packs and are half the price because a box of instant pudding is like .50!!!!

Not to hijack the thread... sorry!! But, I heard that the chocolate cool whip tastes really good, and especially frozen, and then you scoop it out like ice cream! Sounds like a pretty innocent chocolate fix :)

I use them when I indulge with ice cream - keeps me from pigging out too much. :) Of course, sometime I put the brownie batter and nuke for a minute and ice cream on top. That's a HUGE indulgence!

4kids4me said:
I use them when I indulge with ice cream - keeps me from pigging out too much. :) Of course, sometime I put the brownie batter and nuke for a minute and ice cream on top. That's a HUGE indulgence!

You have a recipe for brownies? Uh-Oh!! Please share! I only have the cake one, and would rather do brownies ;)

jenniferknapp said:
You have a recipe for brownies? Uh-Oh!! Please share! I only have the cake one, and would rather do brownies ;)
I got the idea here on the previous prep bowls thread. You just prepare the brownie batter as you usually would, and put 1/3 in each prep bowl, microwave for a minute and top with a scoop (or 2 or 3) of ice cream. It's SO good. (and addictive!)

When I discovered this, I was making the tuxedo brownies. I found that I could fill my MMP once and have enough batter left over for all 6 prep bowls. YUM!

Awesome! I wonder if you can somehow keep the mix dry until you want one serving....like the cakes.

jenniferknapp said:
Awesome! I wonder if you can somehow keep the mix dry until you want one serving....like the cakes.
OH that's a good question! Personally, I just started to learn how to cook (hence the PC business), so I truly have no clue. can't wait to see if someone else can do this! :)

Mmm..brownies. I will need to try this as my son LOVES brownines!!

1. How do I use prep bowls for baking?

Prep bowls are perfect for organizing and measuring out ingredients before starting the baking process. Simply gather all necessary ingredients and measure them out into individual prep bowls before mixing them together in the recipe.

2. Can I use prep bowls in the oven?

No, prep bowls are not meant to be used in the oven. They are primarily used for organizing and measuring ingredients before baking.

3. What are the benefits of using prep bowls for baking?

Using prep bowls can save time and make the baking process more efficient. By pre-measuring ingredients, it can prevent mistakes and ensure accurate measurements for a successful bake. It also helps with organization and keeps the kitchen cleaner.

4. How do I clean prep bowls after baking?

Most prep bowls are dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the packaging or product information to be sure. If they are not dishwasher safe, simply wash them with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly before storing.

5. Can I use prep bowls for other cooking tasks besides baking?

Absolutely! Prep bowls are versatile and can be used for other cooking tasks such as prepping ingredients for stir-fries, measuring out spices for a marinade, or serving sauces and toppings. They are a great addition to any kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ejleinenbach
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • babywings76