• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking Mini Cakes in Prep Bowls: Tips & Tricks

In summary, various types of cakes can be baked in prep bowls, such as chocolate, vanilla, carrot, and red velvet. It is recommended to use 1 cup (8 oz) prep bowls for baking mini cakes. When using prep bowls, the baking time may need to be adjusted as they are smaller than traditional cake pans. Thoroughly greasing the prep bowls with butter or cooking spray is important to ensure easy removal of the mini cakes after baking. You can decorate the mini cakes in the prep bowls, but it is best to let them cool completely before removing them and adding any frosting or decorations.
ILOUANGOUDOM
Has anyone baked mini cakes in the prep bowls? What temperature do you put the oven on and do you put the prep bowls on baking sheets or directly on the oven racks? Thanks.

I want to know TOO! I was thinking of doing mini-pumpkin cakes for a preschool class of 10 tomorrow and I have 2 sets of prep bowls, so...perfect!

I found this here on this website

Attachments

• Prep Bowls Ideas 001.doc
    61 KB · Views: 558
Teresa, thanks for posting the recipes. My hard drive crashed and I am slowly building back up my files.

Ann

re: prep bowl ideas bookletI hope you dont mind but I added some info to your prep bowl booklet and mixed it together with mine and came up with this new one.

Hope you like it.

Flora:p

try that one againhere it is!!!:eek:

Attachments

• Prep Bowls Ideas Booklet.doc
    250.5 KB · Views: 461
Thanks

I love it

I try to give each guest something with their orders, this will be a great one for whoever buys the prep bowls

If anyone has made the snowman cake, what do you use to decorate it with? Especially the hat?

Ann

COCONUT! and white icing

what about the hat?

Ann

letscook04 said:
I think that the hat is a ice cream cone...

I have done this with an ice cream cone as the hat. I froze the cone and coated it in magic shell or did the chocolate chip/shortening dip. Turnes out cute.

What types of cakes can be baked in prep bowls?

Various types of cakes can be baked in prep bowls, such as chocolate, vanilla, carrot, and red velvet.

What size prep bowls should be used for baking mini cakes?

It is recommended to use 1 cup (8 oz) prep bowls for baking mini cakes.

Do I need to adjust the baking time when using prep bowls?

Yes, the baking time may need to be adjusted when using prep bowls as they are smaller than traditional cake pans. It is best to start checking for doneness 5-10 minutes before the suggested baking time.

How should I prepare the prep bowls before baking?

It is important to thoroughly grease the prep bowls with butter or cooking spray before adding the cake batter. This will ensure easy removal of the mini cakes after baking.

Can I decorate the mini cakes in the prep bowls?

Yes, you can decorate the mini cakes in the prep bowls. However, it is recommended to let the cakes cool completely before removing them from the prep bowls and adding any frosting or decorations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• momofthree
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
momofthree
  • ericadboone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jen72467
  • momofthree