• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prep Bowls for Princess Party...

I was thinking about a frog also! LOL!In summary, the conversation discusses ideas for a themed birthday party for a 4-year-old girl. The main focus is on creating cakes for the party, with suggestions such as dragon and treasure chest cakes. There is also discussion about incorporating activities and treats for boys, such as making them into knights or frogs. Some party planning resources are mentioned as well.
4kids4me
I am going to do the little cakes with Kelly dolls for my dd's 4th birthday party. And a big doll for her. Anyway, my question is what can I do for the boys that is thematically related? (yes, I'm neurotic!) I'd love to still do the prep bowls, and thought of doing a football, but that doesn't exactly go with princesses, lol. Input please! I'm at a complete loss here! TIA!

"the pedastal" to put the princess on :)

For the boys use the mini loaf pan and make them miniature treasure chests cut the top and reattach at an angle and fill with gold coins, candy necklaces rock candy. they can be little princes with a an "inheritance"
all the little girls will want some of their cake

HmmmmWell let's see something that goes with the theme of a princess party. How about a dragon cake. You could bake small cakes in the bowls and kind of make a long dragon with wings, and of course make the head look like a dragon. Or you could just get creative and make a dragon cake without the prep bowl set just by following some online directions!

I love doing these types of things for my children's birthday parties too.
I am thinking about knights too but don't know how you could possibly make that with the prep bowls!

Each boy could be a knight in shining armor with just a plastic sword and shield.

Debbie :D

Great ideas! I don't know how I could do a dragon cake - did I mention I am VERY new to cooking? The treasure chests sound very do-able. Good thing it's kit enhancement month!! I think that's the ONE stone I don't have, lol!!! I need to look around www.birthdaypartyideas.com. They always have a ton of ideas there. Thanks girls!

Dragon cake
4kids4me said:
Great ideas! I don't know how I could do a dragon cake - did I mention I am VERY new to cooking? The treasure chests sound very do-able. Good thing it's kit enhancement month!! I think that's the ONE stone I don't have, lol!!! I need to look around www.birthdaypartyideas.com. They always have a ton of ideas there. Thanks girls!

Well off the top of my head I would definitely make the 6 prep bowl cakes, and frost four of them with green frosting. I would cut out diamonds from green fruit roll ups and use those as scales for the backs of my cakes. Insert one point into the cake and the rest sticks out like a triangle scale. Then I would just make wings from the same fruit roll ups. I would make a face for the dragon with the remaining prep bowl cakes. Cut a rectangular piece from the last cake to make a snout. Then frost with green frosting. Make eyes with frosting or buy some eyes. Add ears with the same fruit roll ups. And use the rest of that last prep cake to make arms with fruit roll up claws!! That would be fun! Too bad my son is not into dragons! He is into bionicle legos. So I made him a bionicle cake for his birthday. With oreo volcanoe, red frosting for lava, and Bionicle action figures.

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s208/MD4Christ/?action=view&current=IMG_0607.jpg

Debbie :D

What a great cake! That dragon cake you describe sounds way beyond my abilities, lol. I think I'll look around ebay for a dragon cake pan. Or just do the big Barbie cake in the BB, and do the treasure chests and small princesses. Thank goodness she's not in school yet, it's going to be a small party!! :) Thanks for all the ideas!

How about making frogs for the boys. Don't princesses & frogs go together?:p Use the prep bowls as the main part of their body, then just add junior mints for eyes...maybe bake cake in mini-muffin pan and use the minis to place below body for the feet. Hmmm.

CUTE idea!!! I could do faux-legs with the EAD, right? I bet they'd look neat!

I know...why didn't I think of this a week ago?! I just threw a princess party for my daughters and it was girls only because I didn't want to subject those poor boys to the prissy foo-foo. I made castle cakes this time since I made the Barbie cakes last year using the batter bowl. Here they are:

Attachments

• Cakes2.JPG
    Cakes2.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 416
I am doing the same thing for my DD 5th b-day party this Saturday! I didn't invite any boys because I couldn't figure the whole boy-cake thing out.:confused: I am so excited to make the Barbie cake! Did you know they run like 39+ dollars at the grocery store to have them make you one?
Good Luck with your party!

That's crazy what they charge! I hope you'll take pics of the cake and share. My dd won't turn 4 til the end of May. I am just one of those people that likes to plan WAY ahead, lol.

That castle cake is cool! How did you make it?

Those castle cakes are great. I'm guessing the towers are made out of sugar cones?

Yes, the towers are cones that have a thin layer of icing and then sugar crystals sprinkled all over. Each cake is two 9x13s that have been cut in half and stacked with 3 layers. The top part is the 4th half that is cut in half again and stacked with 2 layers. It was pretty simple. You could also use the square baker...the recipe actually called for an 8" square bake pan. I would recommend using wooden skewers through the center stacks, tho, to keep them from leaning. It was very fun to make and my girls loved it.
Good luck with the planning!

Frog CupcakesThese look like too much work to me, but you might be able to use this just to get some ideas on how to do the from prep bowl cakes....

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=e03166

Aun said:
These look like too much work to me, but you might be able to use this just to get some ideas on how to do the from prep bowl cakes....

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=e03166
That's adorable! It really helps me to have a visual - thank you!!

lovin' the frog & princess idea !

1. What size are the prep bowls for a princess party?

The prep bowls for a princess party are 1 cup in size, perfect for individual servings or small portions of ingredients.

2. Are the prep bowls microwave safe?

Yes, the prep bowls are microwave safe. They are made of durable, heat-resistant materials that can withstand high temperatures.

3. Can I use the prep bowls in the oven?

No, the prep bowls are not oven safe. They are designed for prepping and serving, but not for baking or cooking in the oven.

4. Are the prep bowls dishwasher safe?

Yes, the prep bowls are dishwasher safe. They are made of high-quality materials that can withstand multiple washings without fading or cracking.

5. Can I use the prep bowls for hot and cold foods?

Yes, the prep bowls are versatile and can be used for both hot and cold foods. They are perfect for serving dips, soups, and desserts at a princess party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Kearns
  • Products and Tips
2 3
Replies
Views
chef_kimmo
  • redsoxgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann