• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Is It Safe To Put Silicone Cake Molds In The Microwave?

In summary, silicone cake molds are safe to use in the microwave and can withstand high temperatures without melting or releasing harmful chemicals. They can also be used in a convection microwave and do not require greasing. Cleaning them is easy, either by hand or in the dishwasher, and multiple molds can be used in the microwave at the same time. Just make sure to leave enough space for proper air circulation and even cooking.
sluna75
Can our silicone products, such as the Silicone Crown cake, go into the microwave?

It does not mention it to be microwave safe in the instructions, but I googled subject and alot of people say it is safe.

So is it or not?:rolleyes:

Good question for the test kitchens.

I would say no because there is metal in the rim.

True wadesgirl, but the floral cups do not have a metal rim, so what about those?

I agree with wadesgirl. The silicone may be safe, but the metal rim would not be smart in a microwave for either of the two.

The floral cups do have a metal rim inside the silicone. It is not microwave safe.

It is NOT microwave safe because of the rim not the silicone.

raebates said:
The floral cups do have a metal rim inside the silicone. It is not microwave safe.

Yup there is a metal rim on it!

OK, thanks everyone. I didn't know the silicone floral cups also had a metal rim. Hadn't recieved it yet so. Thanks again.

1. Is it safe to put silicone cake molds in the microwave?

Yes, silicone is microwave-safe and can withstand high temperatures without melting or releasing harmful chemicals.

2. Can I use silicone cake molds in a convection microwave?

Yes, silicone cake molds can be safely used in a convection microwave. Just make sure to follow the recommended cooking times and temperatures for your specific mold.

3. Do I need to grease silicone cake molds before using them in the microwave?

No, one of the benefits of using silicone cake molds is that they are naturally non-stick and do not require greasing. However, you can lightly grease the mold if you prefer.

4. How do I clean silicone cake molds after using them in the microwave?

Silicone cake molds are dishwasher safe, but they can also be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers to prevent damaging the mold.

5. Can I use silicone cake molds in the microwave for baking multiple items at once?

Yes, you can use multiple silicone cake molds in the microwave at the same time. Just make sure to leave enough space between the molds for proper air circulation and even cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KrisGio
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • anoelle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
anoelle
  • Alanna1