• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Cream and the Silicone Cake Pan

In summary, using a silicone cake pan as an ice cream mold is a great way to create unique shapes for your frozen treats. To start, let the ice cream soften for 10-15 minutes before scooping it into the mold. Use about 1 quart of ice cream for a standard size pan and let it sit in the freezer for 2-3 hours to re-harden. The final result is a fun and creative ice cream mold that will be sure to impress.
KrisGio
Hi, has any one ever used the Silicone Cake Pan as an ice cream mold. If so, how much ice cream does it take, how long you do leave the ice cream out to soften to get it in the mold and how long does it sit in the freezer to re-harden.

I am making this for a friend of mine for her dem and I know it would look cool and maybe sell it even better. Please help. :chef:

Unfortunately I haven't used a silicone cake pan as an ice cream mold before so I can't provide specific advice. However, I can provide some general tips for using silicone molds with ice cream. Generally, you should let the ice cream soften for about 10-15 minutes before trying to scoop it into the molds. You then want to pack the ice cream into the molds, making sure it is evenly distributed. After that, you will want to place the molds in the freezer and let them sit for several hours or overnight until the ice cream is fully hardened.

Yes, I have used a Silicone Cake Pan as an ice cream mold before. It is a great way to create fun and unique shapes for your ice cream.To start, I would recommend using about 1 quart of ice cream for a standard size cake pan. This will give you a nice thickness without overflowing the pan.To soften the ice cream, I usually take it out of the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes. You want it to be soft enough to easily scoop into the mold, but not completely melted.Once the ice cream is soft, use a spoon or spatula to scoop it into the mold. Smooth out the top so it is even and then place it in the freezer for about 2-3 hours to re-harden.Once the ice cream is completely frozen, you can remove it from the mold by gently pulling on the edges of the silicone. If it is difficult to remove, let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly.Overall, the process is fairly simple and the end result is a fun and creative ice cream mold. Enjoy!

1. How can I use the silicone cake pan to make ice cream cakes?

The silicone cake pan is perfect for making ice cream cakes because it is flexible and non-stick, making it easy to remove the frozen cake from the pan. Simply line the pan with plastic wrap, fill it with your desired ice cream and toppings, and freeze until firm. Then, use the plastic wrap to lift the cake out of the pan and decorate as desired.

2. Can I bake a cake in the silicone cake pan and then use it to freeze ice cream?

Yes, the silicone cake pan is safe to use in both the oven and freezer. You can bake a cake in it, let it cool, and then use it to freeze ice cream and create a delicious ice cream cake.

3. How do I clean the silicone cake pan after using it for ice cream?

The silicone cake pan is dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean after using it for ice cream. You can also hand wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Make sure to thoroughly dry the pan before storing it.

4. Can I use the silicone cake pan to make individual ice cream cakes?

Yes, the silicone cake pan is great for making individual ice cream cakes. Simply fill each cavity with your desired ice cream and toppings, and freeze until firm. The individual cakes will easily pop out of the pan for serving.

5. Is the silicone cake pan oven safe?

Yes, the silicone cake pan is oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes it versatile for not only making ice cream cakes, but also for baking cakes, bars, and other desserts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Partyof5
  • thechefofnorthbend