• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Credit: Navigating Online Registries and Ethical Dilemmas

In summary, the conversation discusses the ethical dilemma of ordering a gift from a friend's online wedding registry through a different consultant in order to receive credit for the sale. It is debated whether this is allowed and ethical, and it is suggested to either have the friend order directly from the registry or to promote the consultant to other engaged friends. The importance of not taking away from the hostess credits of the bride is also mentioned. It is noted that this situation is common and most customers are understanding of the rewards system.
jbachen
I have a friend (L), who has a friend (M) with an online registry through another consultant. L wants to order something from M's wedding list, but with me as the consultant, so I get credit for the order. She said there was a way to go to the friend's wedding registry and log in as a consultant, and I would get credit for the sale.

Would that work? And is it ethical for me to do that, or should I just encourage L to order through M's consultant, so I am not stealing her work??

I would tell L to order something from M's list from you directly. M (or you could call if L doesn't want M to know what she bought) could tell L that the gift was already purchased and L could remove it from the list. Although, by doing that L won't get the hostess credit for the order. I see what M is trying to do in helping you by giving you the order but it wouldn't be nice to hijack the show from the other consultant. I don't think it would be allowed since the show is set up under the other consultant. It definitely wouldn't be ethical if it was allowed. Just my 2 cents worth.

You may want to explain to L that while you appreciate her commitment to your business, M is getting rewards through the registry with the other consultant and you don't want to take away from that. Encourage L to promote you to all engaged friends so it isn't an issue next time!That said, some people feel that they should be able to buy the gift they want from the consultant they want to use and that the bride shouldn't be greedy for extra rewards! SO if L flat-out doesn't want to do business with consultant X, by all means service your customer/friend by taking her order! You aren't hijacking the show if it is just one order. Hijacking the show would be planning with L to throw a PC bridal shower for M. That would be unethical.My childhood best friend was like L. She contacted me to purchase a gift for her friend because she had committed to always purchase PC through me. Yes, the bride could have gotten more rewards from the registry, but she still got the item she registered for...and it's better to get it free as a gift than to have the item unfulfilled and use the free product credit or discounts to get it! If L is like my friend, it was either buy it through me or buy her something non-PC.

Ooh, I didn't even think of the bride missing out on the hostess credits. That is a really good point... I will just tell L to order through the regular registry, and keep me out of it...Thanks!

It's inevitable isn't it? We all have this happen at some point and our customer base is just very loyal to us. I do encourage them to purchase thru the registry/shower and I do explain the rewards system and most are recpetive to that knowing she can fill her registry even more. I have only had 1 person insist that she purchase it thru me, so I did, but I did speak with the other consultant thru the whole process (she's a great friend and now my director) and we adjusted the registry.

Related to Maximizing Credit: Navigating Online Registries and Ethical Dilemmas

1. What is a registry and how does it work?

A registry is a list of desired products that a person creates for a special occasion, such as a wedding or housewarming. It allows friends and family to easily purchase gifts that the person wants or needs. At Pampered Chef, you can create a registry online or in person with a consultant.

2. Can I add items to my registry after it is created?

Yes, you can add items to your registry at any time. Simply log into your account or contact your consultant to make any updates or changes.

3. How long will my registry be active?

Your registry will remain active for one year from the date it was created. After that, it will automatically expire and no longer be accessible.

4. Can I include items from other brands on my registry?

Yes, you can add items from other brands to your registry. However, they will not be available for purchase through Pampered Chef. You can provide links or information for guests to purchase these items elsewhere.

5. What happens if an item on my registry becomes discontinued?

If an item on your registry becomes discontinued, it will automatically be removed from your registry. You can then choose to replace it with a similar item or remove it altogether.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tiggger
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • ChefinHarmony
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies