• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Change Consultant on Wedding Registry?

In summary, the bride's cousin's fiancee has an online registry and she created it a couple of months ago. She did not know that the consultant who did the show she attended would also be doing weddings. The question is whether or not the bride can change the consultant in charge of the registry. If she has not sent out any of the registry cards, it does not matter much. The bottom line is what the customer wants.
ChefKeender
I am doing a Wedding Shower for my cousin's fiancee next month. I was discussing it with her and mentioned that she could also do an online registry. Well, as it turns out, she already got online and created one a couple of months ago after attending a PC Wedding Shower for her friend. At the time, she did not know that I sell PC. I forgot to ask whether she put in the name of the Consultant who did the show she attended or if she got a default Consultant.

So, our question is...since nothing has been purchased through her registry yet, can she change the settings to make me the Consultant in charge of her online registry? Or, can she create a new registry? Although, a new registry may cause confusion when people go online and see that the bride and groom are listed twice.

I'm also worried about the ethical aspect of 'stealing' the registry from another Consultant. However, from the bride's perspective, she would rather have her registry through someone she knows rather than a stranger from wherever.

What do you think?

Well you could go ahead and keep the Bridal shower for yourself, and put her wish list on your website, that way you get that portion of the sales from the shower, instead of the registry. In my experience (in the middle of nowhere anyway) people order more from the bridal shower instead of going online and searching for her registry.

If she hasn't sent out any of the registry cards from the registry it won't really matter much anyway, she can just let everyone know that she is having a shower and even if they can't come they can order for her or themselves by getting ahold of you, her, or whoever is going to be in charge of the shower, or go to your website and order through her show online.

I hope this makes sense as it is WAY past my bedtime right now, I am just trying to get lots of things done right now and it probably won't make any sense even to me tomorrow, lol.

It depends....I would say that if she made the registry with the consultant from the show, ethically, you (as a fellow consultant) need to leave things alone. If she was assigned someone from the HO, and nothing has been purchased, I would understand her changing it.

We need to remember that we work in a business that "what goes around, comes around". I have seen it MANY times in 8 years. I want to run my business with integrity and try really hard not to step into someone else's "territory" (their customer base...taking hosts that already work with another consultant, try to recruit someone that another consultant is working with). I have had it happen to me...find out a past host did a show with another consultant because they were told "it doesn't matter who you do a show with" or "she's been in the business a long time and I'm just starting, she has plenty of shows". I even lost a recruit because the consultant told her it didn't matter who you signed with!

Okay, that said.....it always comes down to the bottom line, what the customer wants. If the bride wants to do a registry with you, I would say she needs to just cancel the registry with the other consultant and sign up for a new one with you.

Do the website thing...Simply set up a show for her on your website, then make sure the invites point every one there instead of to the registry. This way you are not stepping on toes. Both would be options then. Send out the cards to tell tehm to look at the "NEWS" story about so and so's wedding wish list. Or put it in as the head line for your home page. Then type the list up. Give the item number, a description and cost to make it easier for them to decide. Then tell them how to place the order on-line so they get the bride what they want to get her. As things are ordered of course, you would edit the list. So you will need to stay on top of it. And if the other consultant has not done anything to help point "guests" to that regristry, it may be a dead horse anyway.
Besides, whose wedding is it, the consultants? I don't think so! It's the brides and grooms so they should be able to Change Their minds if they want to.

If the bride feels more comfortable with you on the registry then I would tell her to cancel it and do one with you!

1. What is a change consultant on a wedding registry?

A change consultant on a wedding registry is a trained professional who helps couples navigate and make changes to their wedding registry. They provide personalized assistance and advice on how to add, remove, or modify items on the registry to better suit the couple's needs and preferences.

2. How can a change consultant help with my wedding registry?

A change consultant can help with your wedding registry by offering expert guidance and recommendations on what items to include, how many items to add, and which stores to register with. They can also assist with managing and updating the registry as needed, making the process more efficient and stress-free for the couple.

3. Do I have to pay for a change consultant on my wedding registry?

Most change consultants on wedding registries are complimentary services provided by the retailer, such as Pampered Chef. There may be a small fee for some services, such as creating a custom registry or adding items from other stores, but this can vary depending on the consultant and the retailer.

4. Can I work with a change consultant if I have already created my wedding registry?

Yes, you can still work with a change consultant even if you have already created your wedding registry. They can help you make any necessary changes or additions, as well as provide guidance on how to manage and update your registry throughout the wedding planning process.

5. How do I find a change consultant for my wedding registry?

If you are registered with a retailer that offers change consultant services, you can typically find them by visiting the store's website or contacting customer service. You can also ask for recommendations from friends or family members who have recently gotten married, or do a quick online search to find change consultants in your area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• darlinclem
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
darlinclem
  • yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • tiggger