• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Purchased Registry Items Through Another Consultant

In summary, the bride does not receive credit for the purchases from the other consultant, but she still gets the gifts as gifts from friends.
kdangel518
Gold Member
A friend of mind has set up a wedding registry through me a while ago. Her shower was just this past weekend and I had received an email from another consultant on Saturday letting me know that there were some items that my bride had on her registry was purchased through this other consultant (either individually or through a show...have not received confirmation of this). Does my bride receive credit for these purchases? It was over $180 in product and would give her enough to boost her to $300 in sales off her registry.

Unless it was purchase online through the registry, it does not count towards her registry rewards.

Chances are the hostess of the party the other consultant held, is the one to get the
benefit. The bride should be the one to go into the registry and show those items as received. Probably, she should just delete them from the registry so she will not get
duplicates. If they are not purchased through the on-line registry system, they will not show as being purchased, until she updates it herself.

I'm speaking from experience a year ago, when a similar thing happened on one of mine.

I would guess that although she won't receive credit for those purchases, she still gets the items as gifts from friends. Lucky Bride!

Grandmarita said:
Chances are the hostess of the party the other consultant held, is the one to get the
benefit. The bride should be the one to go into the registry and show those items as received. Probably, she should just delete them from the registry so she will not get
duplicates. If they are not purchased through the on-line registry system, they will not show as being purchased, until she updates it herself.

I'm speaking from experience a year ago, when a similar thing happened on one of mine.

Well, I know she got "doubles" (she received two cracker trays and two snack bowls). What would be the best way to go about returning these? Have her return it off her registry or through the consultant that it was purchased through?

The host and consultant don't lose on commission and Host Benefits from a return. However, I don't know if she'll lose her Registry Rewards if she returns something. If she does, I'd return the item ordered at the show.Oh, and in regard to the items at the show. In the interest of clarity and honesty, I would have told the guest how purchasing at the show affects the Brides benefits, if I knew that's what she was ordering. I'd hate for my host to lose out on the sales (and me on my commission), but I'd hate even more knowing I wasn't completely honest. Whether the consultant did that or not, it's probably not possible to know.

Thanks everyone! I emailed the other consultant thanking her for letting me know about the items purchased but also let her know that the bride isn't going to be receiving the benefits for those items purchased.

kdangel518 said:
Well, I know she got "doubles" (she received two cracker trays and two snack bowls). What would be the best way to go about returning these? Have her return it off her registry or through the consultant that it was purchased through?

Just call HO and they'll do a pickup and she can exchange them for something she didn't get yet. It really doesn't matter which she returns but it would probably be easiest to do the registry items since you have all that info.

I have had people buy brides gifts at a show and I have had registries where someone bought a gift at a different consultant's show. It works out in the wash. I know the bride doesn't get the rewards if it's not bought off the registry but some guests will not pay that direct shipping and/or they want to hand the gift to the bride. I really don't consider it such a big deal. I do let the bride know how it all works and have not had anyone upset. If a bride/bridesmaids push the registry to their friends they will get rewards anyway.

kdangel518 said:
Thanks everyone! I emailed the other consultant thanking her for letting me know about the items purchased but also let her know that the bride isn't going to be receiving the benefits for those items purchased.

I would have just thanked her and been done. She probably already knows the latter and you just gave her a dig...may not be good to stir the pot...she won't let you know next time!

I have had this happen to me both ways. In the part where I was the consultant that set-up the registry I didn't receive anything from the consultant that took the orders at a show which I just look at as a non-service to the bride. When she called me I just explained that I hadn't received an email otherwise I would have taken them off her registry. Not a big deal the host was happy to have gotten PC and we just exchanged for what she didn't get but still wanted. I have also been the consultant that has had people order off someone elses registry and I did explain to the person buying that the bride wasn't going to get credit and they were ok with that (they didn't want to pay the additional shipping). When I did email these consultants (I believe it's happened 3 times) I did ask that they pop me a line back to let me know they got the message and were going to take it off the registry. Noone replied via email but I did get a call from 2 of them indicating they were NOT going to take it off because it wasn't ordered thru the registry and it still might (meaning the bride would get credit and so would the consultant, but on the downside the bride would get doubles). Both were pretty rude about it and all I could say was well, that's not how I would run my business, but that's the great thing about PC....it's YOUR business and you run it how you want. I left it at that. So, all in all I've had both experiences and ya learn from them all, but I will still continue to do the RIGHT thing and advise a consultant if someone does purchase off a registry in hopes that they will take it off and if I get any emails that someones bought off mine I will do the RIGHT thing and take it off as well.

Have a great day everyone!

1. How do I know if I purchased a registry item through another consultant?

If you purchased a registry item through another consultant, you will receive an email confirmation from Pampered Chef with the consultant's name and contact information.

2. Can I return or exchange a registry item purchased through another consultant?

No, unfortunately we are unable to process returns or exchanges for items purchased through another consultant. Please reach out to the consultant directly for any issues or concerns.

3. Can I add a registry item purchased through another consultant to my own registry?

Yes, you can add the item to your registry by contacting our customer service team at 1-800-266-5562 and providing them with the consultant's name and the item number.

4. Can I receive a discount on a registry item purchased through another consultant?

No, discounts and promotions are only applicable for purchases made directly through Pampered Chef. They do not apply to items purchased through another consultant.

5. How do I track the status of a registry item purchased through another consultant?

You can track the status of your registry item by contacting our customer service team at 1-800-266-5562 and providing them with the consultant's name and the item number. They will be able to provide you with the most up-to-date information on your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tiggger
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • Kathy's_Kitchen