• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing CC Points: Easily Paying Host for Catalog Orders

In summary, the host had everyone pay her for products ordered through her catalog show. She wants to put the total amount on her cc so she can get the mileage points. How do I do this without entering the cc # 14 times?
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
The host had everyone pay her for products ordered through her catalog show. She wants to put the total amount on her cc so she can get the mileage points. How do I do this without entering the cc # 14 times?

ChefJWarren said:
The host had everyone pay her for products ordered through her catalog show. She wants to put the total amount on her cc so she can get the mileage points. How do I do this without entering the cc # 14 times?

You would just put it in once on her order for the amount of the show. Don't put that the guests paid on their order. It'll show that she "overpaid" but the show will be balanced.

You can't unless you put it in as an individual order. PC won't allow the entire show to be on one card.

Years ago, this was against policy. I'm not sure when it changed because now we can do it. I will never do this with a host... not even so she can get mileage. If a guest decides to return a product to PC and ask for a refund, they will refund the Host's credit card and the guest will have to get the $$ back from her. Can end up being messy and you will be in the middle because she ordered from YOU, not the host.

It's up to you, but I wouldn't do it. Does she got to Target and buy toilet paper for everyone she knows just to get the mileage?

I always discourage this but if the host insists I do allow it. I would rather that then get a host check for the full amount and have it bounce!:yuck:

I have hosts do this all the time, since I rarely take guest checks at shows. I do enter the host CC 14 times, though, so everyone's receipt shows they paid. Just be sure, if you are printing receipts, to black out the CC number on the guest copy.

You CAN enter the entire payment on the host, though. It will not be a stop, just a caution, and you will be able to transmit.

I have never had HO question this.

MomToEli said:
I have hosts do this all the time, since I rarely take guest checks at shows. I do enter the host CC 14 times, though, so everyone's receipt shows they paid. Just be sure, if you are printing receipts, to black out the CC number on the guest copy.

You CAN enter the entire payment on the host, though. It will not be a stop, just a caution, and you will be able to transmit.

I have never had HO question this.
I do not enter the host CC number or payment in the guest orders. I did not get their payment from them. The host then has the receipts with what is due for each order and she can use it to collect payments or check that she got the payments and then mark them paid herself.

We all do things a little different and neither of us is wrong! Do what's comfortable for you!

I have done this many times. I do NOT take cheques so hosts will do this for their friends. I put a single total on the hosts order. If you enter the card repeatedly you risk a very angry host because it will set off fraud alert on some cards and the card can be disabled. (yes it happened to one of my hosts because I did it this way). If someone from the show wants a refund, they have the choice of returning the funds to the CC- which is very quick- or getting a cheque from PC- which takes up to 8 weeks. It is just inconvenient really- but I would much rather do that than accept personal cheques.

JMHO

The host then has the receipts with what is due for each order and she can use it to collect payments or check that she got the payments and then mark them paid herself.

Good idea! Thanks. It is not my preference to put it all on one cc, but it is a $600 catalog show!! So, oh well, twist my arm!

friday said:
I have done this many times. I do NOT take cheques so hosts will do this for their friends. I put a single total on the hosts order. If you enter the card repeatedly you risk a very angry host because it will set off fraud alert on some cards and the card can be disabled. (yes it happened to one of my hosts because I did it this way). If someone from the show wants a refund, they have the choice of returning the funds to the CC- which is very quick- or getting a cheque from PC- which takes up to 8 weeks. It is just inconvenient really- but I would much rather do that than accept personal cheques.

JMHO

I would venture to guess that that is only a Canadian PC policy. I've never been able to get HO to issue a check for a refund when it was charged on a credit card. Most retailers won't do that either.

finley1991 said:
I would venture to guess that that is only a Canadian PC policy. I've never been able to get HO to issue a check for a refund when it was charged on a credit card. Most retailers won't do that either.
Why wouldn't they if the payment has cleared? :confused:

Fortunately, for me this hasn't come up but it is a good thing to check on. Has anyone had a return like this since the "rules" changed? It USED to be that only one other order could be combined on one charge card but I know they allow even the whole show on one card now (even though I don't think they ever officially told us it was okay) so I wonder if the policy that Colleen is refering to is also changed?

Good question Beth! Not sure if it has changed or not... I just know that if someone paid with a cc, they've refunded the cc... paid with check, refunded by check. So I'm not sure now! :eek:

BethCooks4U said:
Why wouldn't they if the payment has cleared? :confused:

Fortunately, for me this hasn't come up but it is a good thing to check on. Has anyone had a return like this since the "rules" changed? It USED to be that only one other order could be combined on one charge card but I know they allow even the whole show on one card now (even though I don't think they ever officially told us it was okay) so I wonder if the policy that Colleen is refering to is also changed?

Hmmm, I do know that I had someone order some discontinued product with her show order last year (?) towards the end of August, and it was on backorder for a long time......although her CC had been charged. Because it was on backorder for so long, HO gave her the option of continuing to wait, or getting a refund. She chose the refund, and was issued a check from PC.

What is the benefit of maximizing CC points for paying host for catalog orders?

The benefit of maximizing CC points for paying host for catalog orders is that it allows the host to earn more rewards, such as free products or discounts, for hosting a successful party. It also helps to increase sales and build customer loyalty.

How do I maximize CC points when paying host for catalog orders?

To maximize CC points when paying host for catalog orders, make sure to use your Pampered Chef consultant account to process the orders. This ensures that the host will receive credit for the orders and earn the maximum amount of CC points.

What if I forget to use my consultant account to process the catalog orders?

If you forget to use your consultant account to process the catalog orders, you can contact Pampered Chef customer service and ask them to transfer the orders to your account. However, it is best to always remember to use your consultant account to avoid any complications.

Can I still maximize CC points if the host pays for the catalog orders themselves?

Yes, you can still maximize CC points even if the host pays for the catalog orders themselves. Simply have the host provide you with their payment information and process the orders through your consultant account. This will ensure that the host receives credit for the orders and earns the maximum amount of CC points.

How can I track my CC points earned from paying host for catalog orders?

You can track your CC points earned from paying host for catalog orders by logging into your Pampered Chef consultant account and checking your CC point balance. You can also view your CC point history to see a breakdown of how you earned your points.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • shaverdog
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Kelly8