• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Same CC# Be Used for Multiple Orders?

In summary, a cc# can only be used on one order. If a host pays for a whole show with a cc#, the guest will have to enter their CC info for each order.
byrd1956
Gold Member
Am I correct that a cc# can only be used on one order? For example a mother places an order a pays w/her cc and she also wants to pay for her daughter's order with the same cc#. When I put the cc# in both orders show they are credited, but I remember when I paid for two different orders with the same cc# I was not able to transmit the show until I changed the payment on one of the orders. Is that right and if so, is there a way around this besides overpaying one of the orders to match the total paid for both orders?

It has let me pay for two different order with the same cc. I just had to make sure the names matched.

I had heard the same. One of my team members was paying the whole show with the hosts cc number and it was three orders including hers and it wouldn't let her do it. I called HO and they said you can't do that, but what you can do is total the total amounts and add it to the hosts order total. I have no idea what she meant. I told her she would have to explain it to me when I have an order like that. I just closed a show and used one cc for two orders and it went through okay.

Often the host pays for the balance of the show by CC. I just add up the amount still due and put that in on the host's payment page. Also on catalog shows often my host pays the whole show on CC. Again I just take the total of the show that's due and type it in the host's payment page. I am not on Beta so I don't know if I will be able to do this or not with the new system. Anyone know???

Thanks for your replies. I will have to see what happens went I close the show. I have heard that on the Beta site every order has to balance with a payment and it can't be a repeated cc. This was not official, so hopefully someone who is on Beta can answer.

On P3 you can pay for the whole party on the host card in her payment screen. Everyone else would show that they still owe but the show payment screen would show as balanced to $0.00 due.

On Beta each guest must show exact amt due as paid. You can use the same card more than once but you have to be sure that the name on the payment is the same as the name on the card. Say Mary Jones orders but her mom Sue Smith puts the order on her card. On Mary's payment screen it would show Sue Smith and the number, exp, etc from Sue's card and of course Sue's payment screen would be the same.

So on Beta if a host pays for a whole show that has 8 orders, we'll have to put her cc info in on each one?

DebPC said:
So on Beta if a host pays for a whole show that has 8 orders, we'll have to put her cc info in on each one?
If this is the case that will be somewhat amazing to me.

Right. And she will have to call her CC company and tell them there will be multiple charges or they may stop the payments and question it. HO says that the payment needs to be from the guest because if she returns payment ones back to the card it was put on and what if the host and guest are no longer speaking? I have pointed out that this will end up with us waiting for a check from the host, more checks not clearing and shows going in later. We just can not let the host pay for the whole show any more once we are on beta.

BethCooks4U said:
Right. And she will have to call her CC company and tell them there will be multiple charges or they may stop the payments and question it. HO says that the payment needs to be from the guest because if she returns payment ones back to the card it was put on and what if the host and guest are no longer speaking? I have pointed out that this will end up with us waiting for a check from the host, more checks not clearing and shows going in later. We just can not let the host pay for the whole show any more once we are on beta.
Sounds like a step backwards to me. By the way, for those of you on the beta site, are they fixing things and making it easier to use?

I have heard that they are. Slowly but surely. A director friend said they are really listening to the testers using it and that the first time around the developers didn't listen to any feedback or recommendations. Maybe they will still fix the cc thing. Since I put the whole payment on the hosts order- it doesn't goof up a refund. They can just refund the customer. The new way does- as the host shouldn't get the refund on a return assuming they paid the host by check or cash.

Just yesterday someone posted on one of the FB groups for the new web this:"I'm not using P3 any longer and the past credit card problems are a thing of the past. Each customer order can accept 2 different credit card payments. I do have hosts who have been paying for multiple outside orders with their credit card. All you have to do is put the host's credit card info on each person's order. I tell my host that she will see 7 different PC charges on her credit card (or however many orders she's paying for. It has not been a problem at all with any credit card companies for banks. I do tell my hosts that it might get flagged by her credit card company and to be prepared to call the 1-800 number on the back of their card just in case. So far, no hosts have had to call."

1. Can I use the same credit card number for multiple orders?

Yes, in most cases you can use the same credit card number for multiple orders. However, it ultimately depends on the policies of the specific merchant or website you are making the purchases from.

2. Is it safe to use the same credit card number for multiple orders?

As long as you are making purchases from a reputable and secure website, it is generally safe to use the same credit card number for multiple orders. It is important to always be cautious when providing your credit card information online.

3. Will using the same credit card number for multiple orders affect my credit score?

No, using the same credit card number for multiple orders will not affect your credit score. Your credit score is only affected by factors such as timely payments, credit utilization, and credit history.

4. Can I use the same credit card number for multiple orders if I have a different shipping address?

Yes, you can use the same credit card number for multiple orders even if you have a different shipping address. However, some merchants may have policies that require the shipping address to match the billing address for the credit card.

5. Can I use the same credit card number for multiple orders if I am purchasing from different merchants?

Yes, you can use the same credit card number for multiple orders even if you are purchasing from different merchants. However, each merchant may have different policies and it is always best to check with them beforehand to ensure their acceptance of this method of payment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcindyp
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
SpiritdancerIA
  • Kelly8
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
keynibear
  • pamperedtracy