• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to You Charge an Entire Show to the Hosts Cc

In summary, the host can charge her guests' orders to her CC, but she is not supposed to do it all on one customer card.
shaverdog
I need help please. My host wants to pay for her catalog show on her cc. How do I charge everyones orders to her cc. she had her guests pay her directly thought it would be easier. trying to do this today

Are you using P3? Easy, just go to the host record and payments, and put the total in there.

Hmmmm...HO can sometimes put a hold on a show like this. They don't mind a few outside orders going on one cc, but not an entire show.

Correct me if this has changed, but when I started 4 years ago it was quite a no-no.

I just put an $800 show on a card and it's in the picking stage already (submitted yesterday). I figure if it's the host, not so bad. Would seem odd if it were all on a guest's card! Hosts really appreciate this! Me too! That way I can submit it right away.

I just put an entire $500 show on my CC for my recruit. It wasn't my show, and I wasn't even a guest.

My recruit can't qualify for a PC credit card, and didn't have enough in her checking account that her PC debit number is linked to. She paid me mostly in cash and wrote a $60 check that I had to hold for a few days before cashing.

So, I think it has changed in the past 4 years.

ETA- the show shipped and she is now reactivated!

KellyTheChef said:
Hmmmm...HO can sometimes put a hold on a show like this. They don't mind a few outside orders going on one cc, but not an entire show.

Correct me if this has changed, but when I started 4 years ago it was quite a no-no.

I have done this several times and have not had a problem with it?? I just did 3 shows where the host paid about 3/4 of the show on her card and all of them went through no problem. :thumbup: :)

I do it all the time. I have never had any problems.

Officially, we're not supposed to put the whole show on one customer card. But people have done it and had it processed. This is what the policies have to say about it (from page 2):

Only one customer order can be charged per payment card number submitted, except in the following situations:
  • Direct Shipment (Example: Your customer places an order for herself and a second order to be shipped to her sister.)
  • A Friend in Need (Example: One customer forgets her checkbook; another customer helps her out by putting both orders on her payment card.)
  • Outside Order Received After the Show (Example: Host collects an outside order paid with a check and places the order on her payment card along with her own purchases.)
In these cases, fill out a separate sales receipt for each order; then fill in the payment card information for the total of these separate orders on the sales receipt belonging to the payment card holder.

Wow - I have done a few catalog shows and sometimes will telll the host - collect the orders - have the checks written out the the host (and then we charge the host cc) or guest must use a cc - less hassles of waiting etc...

chefann said:
Officially, we're not supposed to put the whole show on one customer card. But people have done it and had it processed. This is what the policies have to say about it (from page 2):

Only one customer order can be charged per payment card number submitted, except in the following situations:
  • Direct Shipment (Example: Your customer places an order for herself and a second order to be shipped to her sister.)
  • A Friend in Need (Example: One customer forgets her checkbook; another customer helps her out by putting both orders on her payment card.)
  • Outside Order Received After the Show (Example: Host collects an outside order paid with a check and places the order on her payment card along with her own purchases.)
In these cases, fill out a separate sales receipt for each order; then fill in the payment card information for the total of these separate orders on the sales receipt belonging to the payment card holder.

I've done this several times with no problem. It's been for out of town catalog shows though. Maybe now that so many people deal with debit cards instead of checks HO is being more lenient?

That's possible. I just wanted to call peoples' attention to the policy, in case HO starts cracking down on it.

Just had an out of town catalog show charged to the hosts CC# - she lives about 3 hours from me, but does a couple Catty Shows a year, and always charges it to her CC....she collects the money from her orders. I've never had any problem, or had it questioned......so that has been my experience.

chefann said:
That's possible. I just wanted to call peoples' attention to the policy, in case HO starts cracking down on it.

Thanks Ann - much appreciated! I actually didn't know that! You Rock!

KellyTheChef said:

Yes Kelly, you are correct. Per Ann's post regarding the policy, I DO know people who have received phone calls from Home Office when they've put an entire show (or most of one) on a single credit card. It was not pleasant.

It may be convenient for us but can turn into a real nightmare if someone needs to have a product refunded or exchanged and their order was placed on someone else's credit card.

Just curious...

What if the host has everyone make the checks out to her (which from other threads...some people do) and then the host makes one check out to the consultant?

Since HO cannot determine if one or many checks were written, we are allowed to do this (I think). But what really is the difference if one credit card is used or one check is written? Isn't this essentially the same thing?

kam said:
Just curious...

What if the host has everyone make the checks out to her (which from other threads...some people do) and then the host makes one check out to the consultant?

Since HO cannot determine if one or many checks were written, we are allowed to do this (I think). But what really is the difference if one credit card is used or one check is written? Isn't this essentially the same thing?

No, it's not the same.

A check can be written (by Pampered Chef) to a guest who paid cash/check to their Host.

If paid by credit card, the amount has to be credited back to that card. If an item has to be credit back to the Host's credit card for a guest's item, the Host has to write a check/give cash to her guest.

This is an extra step and sometimes the Host does not know everyone who has placed an order on his/her show.

Aahhhh...so it really has more to do with returns. That makes sense.

Actually, I've had the return issue come up - and PC just cut a check to the person who needed a refund - there weren't any problems because it had been paid for with the host's debit card. Maybe this used to be more of an issue - but I've done it enough in the last few months to know that it doesn't seem to be an issue any more.

Just had a whole catalog show charged to the host's cc# - $684 charged, no problem.
and I almost always have the host pay for all of their outside orders gathered after the show with their own CC or DC # - just turned one in for $350, and only $75 of that was the hosts own order.....

and today, closed a Bridal Show, where the MIL of the bride was charging all of the out of town orders to her CC# - another $450......

Related to How to You Charge an Entire Show to the Hosts Cc

1. How do I charge an entire show to the host's credit card?

To charge an entire show to the host's credit card, you will first need to collect all of the orders and calculate the total amount due. Once you have this information, you can either process the payment through our online ordering system or contact our customer service team to process the payment over the phone.

2. Can I split the payment between the host's credit card and another form of payment?

Yes, you can split the payment between the host's credit card and another form of payment. Simply let our customer service team know how much you would like to charge to each payment method and they will take care of the rest.

3. What if the host's credit card is declined?

If the host's credit card is declined, our customer service team will reach out to the host to try and resolve the issue. If the payment cannot be processed, we can work with the host to find an alternative payment method or cancel the order.

4. Can I charge the host's credit card for the full amount before the show has taken place?

Yes, you can charge the host's credit card for the full amount before the show has taken place. However, please note that the host's credit card will be charged for the final amount after the show has taken place, so any adjustments or additional orders will need to be processed separately.

5. Is there a limit to how much I can charge to the host's credit card?

There is no limit to how much you can charge to the host's credit card. However, please keep in mind that the host's credit card will only be charged for the final amount after the show has taken place, so any adjustments or additional orders will need to be processed separately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Kelly8