• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Double and Quadruple Charges?????

In summary, a guest's debit card was charged four times over the weekend. The host received an email on Sunday saying that she was charged twice, but the charge was for $350 each time.
Chefstover2
I submitted a show on Saturday night...all orders were paid by one form of cc or debit card. Sunday I get a call from one of the guests...her debit was charged FOUR times!!!! :eek: Today I get an e-mail from the host...she was charged TWICE but the charge was $350 each time.

I called HO and left a report but it evidently could take as much as 48 hours for me to hear back AND 5-6 business days for it to correct!

I know it happened before but has anyone else had this happen over the weekend?

Yikes! That happened to one of my hosts. I assured her that it was a mistake and Pampered Chef would take care of it. I guess I'll be dialing!

I have seen this happen with debit cards before is restaurants because of tipping. The bank puts a hold on the account for over what they actually spent. In those cases it ALWAYS worked itself out when the restaurant/bank rec'd their cards.
That might be what they are talking about IF it was a debit card. But if they mean that there were 2 or 4 separate charges and not over charged then I'm not sure.

These were separate charges. Host is most anxious. Do you think if there are bounced checks b/c of it they can get reimbursed?

it is possible that they can get reimbursed I've also had that happen to my sister. I forget all the details but there was an automatic payment that was supposed to go through on a set day and for whatever reason the company did it early or late and it screwed up all her banking. They paid for some of the overdraft fees and then her bank forgave the others.
Good Luck! I'd definitely be right on the phone to someone ASAP before they close business in Illinois.

I mean the close of the business day. :/

Already left a message...was told not to call back for 48 hours if I hadn't heard back from them. But I will dfinitely be on it like white on rice! Now I have to call ALL the guests and ask them to check their accounts.

Chefstover2 said:
...But I will dfinitely be on it like white on rice! ...

rotfl haven't heard that in forever LOL

I have heard of it happening with PC before, and they fixed it quckly.

I submitted a show Saturday night as well and had one cc denied (my own that I transposed numbers on). I went in and corrected it and have received an email from HO over 140 times (seriously) stating that it was accepted. I am hoping it isn't hitting my credit card every time I get this email! The charge hasn't processed on the card yet so I'm really anxious to know what is going on. HO shows that everything is normal and don't know why I got this email so many times.

Related to Double and Quadruple Charges?????

1. What is a double charge?

A double charge occurs when a customer's credit card or bank account is charged twice for the same transaction. This can happen accidentally due to technical errors or human error.

2. How do I know if I have been double charged?

You can check your bank or credit card statement to see if there are two charges for the same amount and date. You can also contact our customer service team and they can help you verify if a double charge has occurred.

3. What should I do if I have been double charged?

If you believe you have been double charged, please contact our customer service team immediately. They will work with you to resolve the issue and ensure that you are only charged once for your purchase.

4. What causes a double charge to happen?

A double charge can happen for various reasons, such as technical glitches during the payment process or human error in processing transactions. Rest assured that we take all necessary precautions to prevent double charges, but in the rare case that it does happen, we will work to resolve it promptly.

5. Can a double charge be reversed?

Yes, a double charge can be reversed. Our customer service team will work with you to resolve the issue and process a refund for the duplicate charge. Please note that it may take a few business days for the refund to appear in your account.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
  • kaseydee
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Christ Follower
  • KimoMakano