• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Someone Stole My Debit Card Information....

In summary, someone charged $1500 out of my checking account on to my debit card. My husband and I went to eat Sunday night and went to pay. Our debit card was declined. We knew there was plenty of money in there. So when we got in the truck we called the 1800 number and it said we had $12 in our account. Our card was canceled and we are now watching our account closely.
No Way!!!
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
When it's for that reason, I'm pleased to be asked for my ID.

What gets me irked is having to show an ID to prove that I'm not 20, trying to pass for 21, when I buy alcohol. I assure the clerk that I am not 20 years old, in fact, it's been a couple of decades since I was 20.

One clerk told me I had to be 21 to buy alcohol. I left the store, explaining that I'm not 21. She didn't get it.

LOL
That's ridiculous. I would be irked too. That's too funny! It's a compliment though, I think! I mean they could ask you for your ID and then tell you they are joking and :D laugh!!
Debbie :D

Nah, it's required. Company policy is to card everyone. The greyheads are the ones who are most annoyed.

When I worked at a drug store, our policy was to card if they looked 35 our younger. I carded a woman who was 32. She was so happy to be carded, I didn't have the heart to tell her that I was only following policy.

Okay Cheffers...I am about to become even less popular than I already am on this subject.....just remember what they say about the messenger!! :eek:

It's actually against Visa/Mastercard bylaws to allow the merchants to ask for ID (with or without the card signed). If the card is not signed, the card is actually invalid. The merchants can actually get their credit card machine privileges revoked for defying those bylaws. I am sure that doesn't happen that often, but that's why merchants aren't asking you for the ID's for the credit cards.

***ducking the rotten tomatoes being thrown***

chefann said:
When I worked at a drug store, our policy was to card if they looked 35 our younger. I carded a woman who was 32. She was so happy to be carded, I didn't have the heart to tell her that I was only following policy.
I would seriously question the hiring policies of a store that had an employee that thinks I look like I'm under 35.

stephanieboyd said:
Okay Cheffers...I am about to become even less popular than I already am on this subject.....just remember what they say about the messenger!! :eek:

It's actually against Visa/Mastercard bylaws to allow the merchants to ask for ID (with or without the card signed). If the card is not signed, the card is actually invalid. The merchants can actually get their credit card machine privileges revoked for defying those bylaws. I am sure that doesn't happen that often, but that's why merchants aren't asking you for the ID's for the credit cards.

***ducking the rotten tomatoes being thrown***
I don't necessarily want the merchant to check ID, but I do want them to look at the sig on the card and match it to the just-signed version, whether that's on paper or screen.

I'm with you on that, Ann, and since the signiture block on my card is actually worn off, I've had vendors ask to see a photo ID. That's fine with me!

I have to say we were very lucky one day we went and used the ATM and it ate our card we had to wait the whole weekend for them to go to the bank and get the card out. We are lucky that it didnt pop out during the weekend. Due to that my DH is very leary of using the ATM. We dont even know our PIN # for or debit card

someone somehow got my debit card info right at Thanksgiving time and a purchased was made from Vietnam (of all places) for $1.00...yep, $1.00!!!
They purchased a $1.00 I-tune purchase (I guess to see if it was an active account) My bank doesn't know how they got my info, but definitely, they said, from the internet...Crazy thing is, I rarely ever make any online purchases...Maybe 3 ever in my life...my bank caught it right away and called me!!!!! how cool is that? They said a red flag went up when they saw it from Vietnam and also saw purchases here in Ohio that I had done that Thanksgiving weekend...
Now just trying to keep my credit rating in good standing...can really mess someone up...even one little dollar

<h2>1. How do I know if someone has stolen my debit card information?</h2><p>You may notice unauthorized charges on your bank statement or receive notifications from your bank about suspicious activity on your account.</p><h2>2. What should I do if I suspect my debit card information has been stolen?</h2><p>Immediately contact your bank or credit card company to report the unauthorized charges. They will be able to cancel your current card and issue you a new one.</p><h2>3. What should I do if my debit card is declined at a store or restaurant?</h2><p>If your card is declined and you believe there is enough money in your account, contact your bank or credit card company to check for any unauthorized charges or suspicious activity.</p><h2>4. How can I protect myself from debit card fraud?</h2><p>Make sure to regularly check your bank statements and monitor your account activity. Also, be cautious when using your card online and only make purchases from secure and trusted websites.</p><h2>5. What should I do if my debit card information has been stolen and unauthorized charges have been made?</h2><p>Contact your bank or credit card company immediately to report the fraudulent charges. They will be able to cancel your current card, issue you a new one, and help you dispute the unauthorized charges.</p>

1. How do I know if someone has stolen my debit card information?

You may notice unauthorized charges on your bank statement or receive notifications from your bank about suspicious activity on your account.

2. What should I do if I suspect my debit card information has been stolen?

Immediately contact your bank or credit card company to report the unauthorized charges. They will be able to cancel your current card and issue you a new one.

3. What should I do if my debit card is declined at a store or restaurant?

If your card is declined and you believe there is enough money in your account, contact your bank or credit card company to check for any unauthorized charges or suspicious activity.

4. How can I protect myself from debit card fraud?

Make sure to regularly check your bank statements and monitor your account activity. Also, be cautious when using your card online and only make purchases from secure and trusted websites.

5. What should I do if my debit card information has been stolen and unauthorized charges have been made?

Contact your bank or credit card company immediately to report the fraudulent charges. They will be able to cancel your current card, issue you a new one, and help you dispute the unauthorized charges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lindseystar
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lindseystar
  • Jean DeVries
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kayleighsmom529