• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warning/Rant: Keep Track of Your Debit Account Charges

In summary, the customer's debit card did not go through and she called the bank. The bank told her that the show was on hold and that it took 4-6 bus. days for the money to hit the customer's account. The customer asked the bank if she could speak to a supervisor and the bank said yes. The customer spoke to a supervisor and the supervisor took the money from the customer's account without the customer's permission.
gailz2
Gold Member
I am absolutely fuming!!! I had a customers debit card not go through. I called the HO after re-entering it and seeing it was still on hold. I had her enter it again on the phone and she aid it went through. Later that day someone from HO called and said the show was on hold (after I'd been reassured it had gone through). I said that it had been taken care of.

Now, the customer just called to see how come it still did not hit her account. I called HO and they said it takes 4-6 bus. days, which it has been. After getting her to check all charges from that show, low and behold, this ladies charge had not gone through onto her account, but was taken from my debit account!!! I can hardly speak I'm so mad to think this goes on. She assured me they would not do that without my permission.

HELLO, I gave no permission!!! I apologized to her that I wasn't meaning to take it out on her as I doubt she did it. My file shows I gave permission. I, unfortunately, do not keep a close, close eye on what transactions hit my debit account, I had no idea HO would do this to me.

She asked if I wanted a supervisor to call and I said yes. I am soooooo mad and just want to warn others this may happen to you. The amount was $48, and if the customer hadn't called me to check on it, I wouldn't have known!!

I check my account very often online that is connect with PC. All I do is PC through it and I do not keep that much extra $ in, so, I keep a close eye on it. $48 could easily bounce it at times.

I have definitely learned my lesson. Mine is only PC as well, but I've been using it as a savings acct. and don't check it well as I keep my commissions in there (till Xmas shopping, of course).

1. What is the importance of keeping track of my debit account charges?

It is important to keep track of your debit account charges to avoid overdraft fees, identify any fraudulent activity, and maintain a balanced budget.

2. How often should I check my debit account charges?

We recommend checking your debit account charges at least once a week, if not more frequently. This will help you catch any discrepancies or unauthorized charges sooner rather than later.

3. Can I rely on my bank's online or mobile app to keep track of my debit account charges?

While online and mobile banking can be convenient, it is still important to manually keep track of your debit account charges. Sometimes there can be delays or errors in the online or mobile app, and it's important to catch these discrepancies as soon as possible.

4. What should I do if I notice unauthorized charges on my debit account?

If you notice any unauthorized charges on your debit account, contact your bank immediately. They can help you dispute the charges and take the necessary steps to protect your account.

5. Is there a specific way I should keep track of my debit account charges?

There is no one specific way to keep track of your debit account charges. Choose a method that works best for you, whether it's using a checkbook register, a budgeting app, or simply writing down your charges in a notebook. The important thing is to consistently track your charges and review them regularly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • Jean DeVries
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Intrepid_Chef