• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Debit Card Charges: Changes in Order Processing Timeline | Customer Experience

In summary, the change in policy regarding processing charges has caused some problems for customers.
KimoMakano
Gold Member
I have noticed recently that the length of time from when a show is shipped and the charges made to my debit chard have changed.
If a customer pays by check or cash I generally us my personal debit card to pay for their order (since I can get miles with this card).
I have never had any problems until my last two orders within the last week.
Historically they have not processed the charges until about a week after the order has shipped. This has given me time to get all the checks together and make a trip to the bank to get them deposited.
This last time however they were processed almost immediately, the second show was processed even before the times were "picked", the show was still showing as "Received".
Since I was not counting on having these charges come through so fast I had not made an effort to get the deposits to the bank. Needless to say that when the charges came through they resulted in overdraft charges.
And, since there were 12 customers in one show and 8 in another I got hit with an overdraft charge for each customers order. That is 20 charges * $25 per overdraft charge.
I have inquired with HO about this but not heard back.
Now I am fully aware that I should have deposited the money right away but I was acting based on past experiences with HO.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Is there a new process in place?
Thanks.

I think personal debit or credit cards are charged upon submission. However, the PC debit card normally debits about 8 days after submission. That is HO's way of allowing us to deposit all payments, and get them mostly processed into our account. I doubt they will credit you back if you're using your own bank debit card and not PC. That's a risk you're taking each time, IMO. Sorry about the charges, though. I understand wanting the miles, but it may not be worth it in the end.

Tammy

Yeah, I understand it is my risk, but I didn't do anything different this time than I have been doing and used the same card.
I just wish they would have given me some kind of warning or indication that they would be processing these faster.
Ultimately it is my responsibility, but part of me can't resist feeling a little bit slighted.
I will still use my card, but I will make sure I get the deposits in ON TIME!!
:)

Do you not have your PC card linked to your checking account? This way if this happened again you would only be charged one time and not each time something is overdrafted on your personal card.

Every time I have submitted a show with a personal debit/credit card on it, it has been charged immediately to my knowledge. And the reason I am saying this is b/c I had a host that had made a mistake in her deposit that she made before we submitted and as soon as I submitted it was rejected and she had to go back and correct the mistake. I also had a guest card that was rejected upon submission. It takes several days for them to debit my PC card but not personal cards that are used.

I agree with Tammy, I do not see where HO would refund you anything on this either. Since it was your personal card and you did not have the money in there.

This is why I never submit until all money is in my account. I always worry about something happening to delay me getting to the bank in time.

Personal cards are debited right away. Only the TPC debit card is delayed by 5-7 days.

Actually Deb they don't, not always. I can show from my bank statements where they haven't processed my personal card for more than 8 days (on numerous occasions).
I am not trying to pick any fights here, just wondering if something has changed. I don't think I ever mentioned that I was expecting HO to refund me (I would not complain though if they did) :)
From now on I will use only my TPC debit card and make sure the deposits are there first.
I only started this thread to see if anyone else has experienced this or if I am the only one.

I've never had them wait to process personal card #'s - in fact, the show never even goes through until those #'s have been approved....If there is a card that is declined - the show is put on hold until there is a resolution.
In my experience, the only card # that is not processed immediately is my PC Debit Card.

What is an Order Debits Timeline?

An Order Debits Timeline is a tool used by Pampered Chef consultants to keep track of orders placed by customers and the corresponding payments and debits. It helps consultants stay organized and ensure all orders are processed accurately and in a timely manner.

How do I access the Order Debits Timeline?

The Order Debits Timeline can be accessed through the consultant's back office on the Pampered Chef website. Simply login to your account and click on the "Orders" tab. From there, you can select the "Order Debits Timeline" option.

What information can I find on the Order Debits Timeline?

The Order Debits Timeline displays a list of all orders placed by customers, along with the payment method and status of the order. It also shows when payments were received and when debits were made for each order. This information can be used to track the progress of orders and ensure all payments are accounted for.

How do I make changes to an order on the Order Debits Timeline?

If you need to make changes to an order on the Order Debits Timeline, such as updating the payment method or adjusting the payment amount, you can do so by clicking on the order and selecting the "Edit" option. This will allow you to make any necessary changes and save them.

Can I print or export the Order Debits Timeline?

Yes, the Order Debits Timeline can be printed or exported for your records. Simply click on the "Print" or "Export" button at the top of the timeline and follow the prompts to save or print the information. This can be helpful for keeping physical records or for sharing the information with your team or accountant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
RebelChef
  • lindy0116
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lindy0116
  • Bren706