• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Appetizers for Lady's Night Out: Tips for Beginners

In summary, the woman called the consultant asking for appetizers to be made for an event. The consultant made the artichoke tarts and spinach carbonara pizza. The other recipes were not offered as options, but the consultant offered to make them for the woman. The woman also asked about table decorations and what type of drawing should be used. The consultant suggested the cooking show and gave a sign to show how to get a free stone.
Humble Beginnings
Well, I sent out PYB letters and received a call from Refine 360, which I thought originally was a hair salon and turns out it is a cosmetic treatment center. Either way the woman called me today and asked if I would participate at the Lady's night out event. They are looking at about 20 woman and she asked if I can make appetizers. I had no problem with this. My question is what should I make? I will be making this ahead of time, no demo but I will have an opportunity to talk. How should I set up and what do I really say? I was also thinking of goodie bags to give out. I've never done this and am freaking out about it but would love to get out there and see what happens.

I'm bumping this for you...

I don't have much advice, but...

The artichoke tarts (I can't remember the official name...it is one of the 3 recipes for new consultants) are really good. Will you have access to an oven at all? These are good, but better when they are warm. How about a microwave? Is she wanting you to provide all the appetizers for the whole event? What about dessert? Maybe others will have more ideas, I'll try to think of some more options...

The spinach carbonara pizza is great as a make ahead recipe!

Articoke salsa cups are great as well - fill the cups when you get there - delish!

Goodies bags are a great idea - how about filling them with your business card and one of each of the new recipes cards - if you wanted you could put in a citrus peeler as well.

How about the bread bowl dip? Just have it on your table w/ plates, napkins.
Have the recipe w/ your info on it to give out in the goody bags.
Are there only going to be 20 people attending?

I don't know when it is, but you could make a postcard with coupons from Vistaprint. I love the idea of the new recipe cards. You could tie them together with some curling ribbon to make them appear fancier (that's my plan to give to people who bring a guest at shows). Good luck, it sounds like a fun event!

Thank you, looks like a have a menu :) I'm going to do 3 max and make the goodie bags, coupon idea sounds great I could do free shipping if they order that night. Hoping to get some orders and bookings!

Ok this event is Friday and my friend a Tastefully Simple rep wants to do the food. Fine with me. My director advised me to go the Entertaining route with this crowd. This is at a cosmetic center, not to be sereotypical but she feels that they may enjoy the entertaining aspect we offer vs the cooking. So could anyone give some examples of how I should decorate my table (I'm thinking trifle with fall arrangement but that's all I have) plus what drawing? She suggested the cooking show since that's my objective to get bookings. I'm a little leary since it will be a smaller crowd about 20 or so, I'm thinking if I call everyone and tell they won it might sound funny if they came with a friend. Any ideas on this as well? Please and thank you in advance.

Do something with the party picks to show them how to free up space on the holiday buffet table. I put some floral foam in a stoneware crock and stuck them down in that and decorated it.

I recommend the Bamboo Square bowl filled with pinecones or small and large christmas ornaments, etc. Also use some of the small squares or petite squares with a votive candle or a tea light. If you could get 2 trifle bowls fill one with decorative flowers and stones and the other with coffee beans and a large candle.

This is just an idea, no idea how it would work, but you could have a sign that all shows booked tonight are free. And, maybe something that says fill this out for a free gift. Then, you could give copies of the Entertaining Guide (not sure how much printing one of them out would cost). Really not sure. Just brainstorming. Also, at fairs & booths, I've been having a sign that says "Book today, get a free stone (at your show)". It's been working WONDERS!

Great idea, Jane! I may try that at my craft fair coming up!

Update: Well it was definitly worth going. No sales but got the bookings. They will be joint parties with my friend who does ,everyone loved the idea of having us both do there at the same time. We have 1 confirmed for November and 3 potential plus I was checking my drawing slips and 2 marked interested in the oppotunity. Awesome!! I'm following up later this evening. We are going back next Thursday. It was no cost to us and all this started by sending out the Pamper you business flyer! I'm excited!

Also I did a multi vendor open house yesterday. I had almost 300.00 in sales, everyone did pretty well accept for the jewelery lady but she did get a booking. We are going to do one possibly in November again too.

Thank you for the ideas!!

1. How many appetizers should I plan on making for a Lady's Night Out event?

The number of appetizers you should make will depend on the number of guests attending the event. As a general rule, plan on making 3-4 appetizers per person. This will ensure that there is enough variety and quantity to satisfy everyone's appetites.

2. Are there any easy and quick appetizer recipes that I can make for Lady's Night Out?

Yes, there are many easy and quick appetizer recipes that are perfect for Lady's Night Out events. Some popular options include bruschetta, cheese and crackers, vegetable platters with dip, and mini quiches. You can also browse our recipe database for more ideas and inspiration.

3. Can I make the appetizers ahead of time or should I prepare them right before the event?

It is always a good idea to prepare as much as you can ahead of time to minimize stress on the day of the event. Many appetizers can be made ahead of time and reheated before serving. However, there are some appetizers that are best served fresh, such as dips and spreads. Plan your menu accordingly to ensure the best quality and taste for your guests.

4. How can I make sure that my appetizers look presentable and appetizing?

Presentation is key when it comes to appetizers. Use serving platters, boards, and bowls to arrange your appetizers in an appealing way. You can also add garnishes, such as fresh herbs or edible flowers, to add a pop of color and make your appetizers look more appetizing. Don't be afraid to get creative and have fun with the presentation.

5. Are there any dietary restrictions or allergies that I should consider when making appetizers for Lady's Night Out?

It is always a good idea to ask your guests about any dietary restrictions or allergies before planning your menu. This will help you ensure that there are options available for everyone to enjoy. Additionally, you can also offer a variety of appetizers, including vegetarian and gluten-free options, to cater to different dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • pamperedchefqueen