• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick and Easy Meals for Caregivers: A Pampering Presentation

In summary, an aquaintance from church called me this afternoon to ask if I would come and do a talk about quick dinners for caregivers to make. There will be 30ish people there, but the catch is that she doesn't want me to sell products. She just wants me to perform and leave. She will have a "goody bag" that I can put something in with my business card. There will be a massage lady, and I'm not sure who else there. It's on a Saturday afternoon (the 19th of November), and I think I have a show that night, that I'll need to get ready for, too. I'd like your advice.
mom4angela
An aquaintance from church called me this afternoon. She works for a seniors home. She asked if I would come and do a talk about quick dinners for caregivers to make. There will be 30ish people there. She wants me to show how to put a quick and easy meal on the table in little time! I'll have about 15-20 minutes... the catch? She doesn't want me to advertise Pampered Chef OR I should say, try to sell products. She just wants me to perform and leave, I guess. She will have a "goody bag" that I can put something in with my business card. There will be a massage lady, and I'm not sure who else there. It's on a Saturday afternoon (the 19th of November), and I think I have a show that night, that I'll need to get ready for, too..... I'd like your advice....

My first thought would be to graciously decline since you won't be able to talk about your products AND you have a show that evening for which you will need to be ready. However, since your business card will be in the goodie bag, you may have someone call you after your demo. I'm not sure what I would do if I were in your shoes.

If PC is how you pay your bills, then you need to decide if you like the group enough to donate your time to educating them on quick meals. This is obviously not a sales opportunity, it's a volunteer opportunity. You need to look at it as one. If you luck out & get something out of the goodie bag business cards, that's great. But don't expect to get sales, otherwise you'll more than likely be disappointed.If you can't dedicate yourself to "volunteer" that day, be honest with her. Tell her that you appreciate her thinking of you, but that you already have a cooking show scheduled for the 19th & will not be able to participate. She doesn't have to know that it might start later. You prepping for the show IS part of the time you have to put in to get ready for your show. But if you do want to volunteer for this group, just pack for your show the night before or do the same recipe at both events so you can wash everything & re-pack before your actual Cooking Show.

If someone WANTS to buy...can they???? I did something similar to this one Mother's Day at a Supported Living Center for their residents. I was happy to donate my time and treat the moms....but was shocked by how MANY of the residents wanted to purchase!!!!

cindylpal said:
If someone WANTS to buy...can they????

I did something similar to this one Mother's Day at a Supported Living Center for their residents. I was happy to donate my time and treat the moms....but was shocked by how MANY of the residents wanted to purchase!!!!

This will be presented to the "care givers", not the residents. Thank you for your note!

I have done this in the past and employees have booked shows from me so you never know where it will lead... I am doing a show in January at our local library teaching healthy cooking.... I can't advertise with catalogs etc.. but I am allowed to wear my apron... That might be a compromise.... And remember Good will goes along way in this business.

What is Pampering Caregivers?

Pampering Caregivers is a program created by Pampered Chef that allows individuals to show their appreciation and support for caregivers by gifting them with high-quality kitchen tools and products.

Who can participate in Pampering Caregivers?

Anyone can participate in Pampering Caregivers by nominating a caregiver or by becoming a caregiver themselves. This program is open to all caregivers, whether they are family members, friends, or professional caregivers.

How can I nominate a caregiver for Pampering Caregivers?

Nominating a caregiver for Pampering Caregivers is easy! Simply go to the Pampered Chef website and fill out the nomination form. You will need to provide information about the caregiver and why you think they deserve to be pampered.

What kind of products are included in the Pampering Caregivers package?

The Pampering Caregivers package includes a variety of high-quality kitchen tools and products from Pampered Chef. These may include cookware, bakeware, kitchen gadgets, and more. The exact products may vary from package to package.

Is there a cost to participate in Pampering Caregivers?

No, there is no cost to participate in Pampering Caregivers. This program is completely free and is a way for Pampered Chef to give back to caregivers who work tirelessly to care for others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • rvagourmet
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefsteph07