• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Light & Healthy Dessert Ideas for Tomorrow's Show

In summary, the pastry might be too time consuming to make and present on stage. The trifle is a good option if made with angel food cake, sugar free pudding and light cool whip.
christy_c
Ok, so I have a show tomorrow night & the host just let me know that she wants a light dessert. The desserts on the menu I sent her aren't so light & healthy. I need something that will demo several products, so I'm thinking a trifle isn't a very good choice. Any ideas? I'm desperate! :eek:

Strawberry Amaretto Pastries are light and refreshing if you use light ingredients.

The trifles are good if you use angel food cake, sugar free pudding and light cool whip.

I made the lime berry mousse trifle with all sugar free and fat free products and used angel food cake, I did this because my host was diabetic and it didn't raise her blood sugar any more then most foods.

pampchefstacey said:
Strawberry Amaretto Pastries are light and refreshing if you use light ingredients.

Ooh, I didn't think about those. I've never made them & won't have time to practice before the show, but I guess that will just have to do. Thanks alot!!

if you make it:You can buy the almonds sliced and roasted so you do not have to take the extra time at your show. Unless you want to show it.You can dye the whipped cream filling pink for Whip Cancer. It looks cute like that.You can do 1 sheet plus 2/3's of the second sheet if you squeeze them on the bar pan. You can cut the pastry into smaller pieces if there are a lot of people. If you make them small you do not have to split the top off. Just use them as is.You can put all the cut up strawberries into the new salad spinner to show that too.I had the pastry baked and finished right before the show started. I put it on the stackable cooling rack on my table.

Chef Ritz said:
I made the lime berry mousse trifle with all sugar free and fat free products and used angel food cake, I did this because my host was diabetic and it didn't raise her blood sugar any more then most foods.

I thought about that one, too. That's a possibility. Thanks!

pampchefstacey said:
if you make it:

You can buy the almonds sliced and roasted so you do not have to take the extra time at your show. Unless you want to show it.

You can dye the whipped cream filling pink for Whip Cancer. It looks cute like that.

You can do 1 sheet plus 2/3's of the second sheet if you squeeze them on the bar pan. You can cut the pastry into smaller pieces if there are a lot of people. If you make them small you do not have to split the top off. Just use them as is.

You can put all the cut up strawberries into the new salad spinner to show that too.

I had the pastry baked and finished right before the show started. I put it on the stackable cooling rack on my table.

Thanks for the tips! You guys are so awesome! I think I'm leaning more toward the pastries now.

1. What are some low-calorie dessert options for tomorrow's show?

We have a variety of light and healthy dessert recipes that are perfect for your show tomorrow. Some popular options include fruit skewers with yogurt dip, baked apples with cinnamon and honey, and chocolate avocado mousse.

2. Are there any gluten-free dessert options available?

Yes, we have several gluten-free dessert recipes that are both delicious and healthy. Some favorites include flourless chocolate cake, almond flour cookies, and chia pudding with fresh berries.

3. Can you recommend any desserts for those with nut allergies?

Absolutely! We have many nut-free dessert options, such as oatmeal raisin cookies, fruit sorbet, and angel food cake with fresh fruit. Our recipes are all customizable, so you can easily leave out any nuts or use a nut-free alternative.

4. Do you have any vegan dessert ideas?

Yes, we have plenty of vegan dessert recipes that are sure to impress. Some top picks include vegan chocolate pudding, coconut milk ice cream, and avocado lime tart. We also have options for those following a dairy-free or egg-free diet.

5. Are there any dessert recipes that are quick and easy to make?

Absolutely! We understand that time can be limited when preparing for a show, so we have plenty of quick and easy dessert options. Some of our favorites include fruit and yogurt parfaits, no-bake energy bites, and grilled fruit skewers with honey and cinnamon.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • Jenni
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
buckeyefan08
  • PamperedSD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies