• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick and Easy Recipes for an Express Show: Dinner and Dessert Ideas

In summary, the host is asking for a list of "dinner type" or " dessert type" recipes that can be pre-made and brought to the show. The guest is limited to speaking for 15 minutes, no more. They are looking for ideas of make ahead recipes and suggested some ideas, but are looking for more suggestions. The host said she would provide a list of recipes tomorrow.
chefdianne
Silver Member
I have a host asking me to do an express show, wants a list of recipes to choose from that are "dinner type" or dessert type recipes. She wants the recipe pre-made in advance and I am only permitted to speak for 15 minutes, no more. I have some general ideas in mind for keeping to the 15 minutes and have one or two ideas for recipes to give to her to look at but need some more. Can anyone shed some light on recipes that can be made ahead that are "dinner type" and popped in the oven or fridge prior to show start. Also, any guidelines on a timeline for an express show would be appreciated.
Help please. I must give her the list tomorrow.
Thanks!:eek:

PERMITTED to speak for 15 minutes?!?!? Are you catering?I would be wary of this if I were you. As for ideas of make ahead recipes, any of the rings and braids would work well. I usually make the Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart at my house and cook it at the host's house when I do an express show. Also, you could do the potato and lime demo for the "15 minutes".Where did you find her?!?

I would take the main product lines and your tool turn about and pass around the products as you talk about them. Start with cookware and stoneware and mention booking a show every few minutes. Then, while everyone looks at their catalogs, you can browse and "sell" some more.

You don't say if this is a lunch with male/female co-workers or an evening thing. If for lunch, I'd do any of the pizzas or rings. If for evening, I'd do a dessert.

Good luck and see it as less work for your money.

cmdtrgd said:
PERMITTED to speak for 15 minutes?!?!? Are you catering?

I was thinking the same thing!!!:eek:

Do you know how many people are going to be ther? I would just do a ring of some kind since you can get a 16 people served from it. If you are paying for the ingredients I would suggest the Taco ring because I think it is very cheap to make!!

Ditto, Desiree. The taco ring is a great choice.I'm also curious about the 15 minutes.

You are all very helpful and supportive in answering a tough question. Thanks so much. I sent word to her with a list of a few recipe selections to choose from. 1 recipe only. I also advised her that I would not be "clocked or rushed" if guests were asking pertinent questions or I was sharing imperative information about our products. If she doesn't like it, she can bag the show. I have enough bookings for Feb and although money is great, dignity needs to be maintained and quality of representing our fabulous PC is also a necessity. I certainly don't want to give off an impression of being a cold and unfriendly and harried consultant just to suit this person's nuances.

Very grateful for your words of experience and wisdom,
Dianne

Taco RingI'm looking for the recipe for the taco ring, can you please post it. thanks:)

have you tried joycesfinecooking.com ?

Taco Ring
1 1/2 lb. cooked ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 Tbs water
2 8oz pkg crescent roll dough
1 med green pepper
1/2 head lettuce, shredded
1 med tomato, diced
1 small onion, diced
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1 cup salsa
Sour cream

Heat oven to 375. Combine meat, taco mix, cheese, and water. Arrange crescent triangles in a circle with bases overlapping and points out on the 13" stone, leaving a 5" circle in center. Spoon meat on triangle bases. Fold points over meat and tuck under. Bake 20-25 min until brown. Cut off the top of the pepper (using PC V-shaped cutter). Fill pepper with salsa and place in center of ring. Mound lettuce, tomato, onions, and olives around pepper. Garnish with sour cream.
Serves 8.

I usually don't do the garnish. What I do is chop up some lettuce (using it for topping anyways) and then sprinkle some tomato chunks on it and some olive slices. It adds color and I have it all on hand for the toppings anyways!

1. What type of recipes can I expect in the "Quick and Easy Recipes for an Express Show" collection?

Our collection includes a variety of delicious dinner and dessert recipes that are perfect for hosting an express show. From simple and savory main dishes to indulgent and easy-to-make desserts, you'll find something to please every palate.

2. How long do these recipes typically take to prepare?

Our "Quick and Easy" recipes are designed to be time-saving, so most of them can be prepared in 30 minutes or less. Some may require a bit more time depending on the complexity of the dish, but we guarantee that all of our recipes are quick and easy to make.

3. Are these recipes suitable for all dietary restrictions?

We understand that everyone has different dietary needs and preferences, which is why our "Quick and Easy" collection includes a mix of recipes that cater to various dietary restrictions. We have options for vegetarians, gluten-free diets, and more. Just be sure to read the recipe carefully and make any necessary substitutions if needed.

4. Can I make these recipes ahead of time?

Absolutely! In fact, many of our "Quick and Easy" recipes can be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge or freezer until you're ready to cook. This is especially helpful for busy hosts who want to have everything prepped and ready to go for their express show.

5. Can I find the necessary kitchen tools and gadgets for these recipes through Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can! We offer a wide range of high-quality kitchen tools and gadgets that will make preparing these "Quick and Easy" recipes even easier. From our signature cookware to our versatile kitchen utensils, we have everything you need to make your express show a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sburnside
  • KCPChef