• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy Fundraising Ideas for HWC Show with Jenny Craig Consultant

In summary, the Harvest Chicken Salad is a healthy and light salad that is easy to prepare. The dressing can be made with some basic ingredients that you likely have on hand.
Kathytnt
I now work for Jenny Craig as well as being a PC consultant. Anyone have any interesting healthy ideas for my HWC fundraiser??

Even the 6 O'Clock salads don't seem very light

Thanks so much - Miss you guys!!
:chef:

Kathytnt said:
I now work for Jenny Craig as well as being a PC consultant. Anyone have any interesting healthy ideas for my HWC fundraiser??

?:confused: ?

I think the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad is very light. Use Ground Sirloin, or Ground Turkey Breast, and lowfat cheese - and it's a very light salad. Plus, it's a healthy meal that even kids and husbands will eat!

The Chicken/Avocado/Grapefruit Salad is also light - make the dressing with olive oil, and you are getting an important dose of omega-3 oils. (same with the Avocado)

Other healthy meals would be the 30 Minute Chicken - do the skinless version, and then make the Strawberry Spinach Salad to go with it. The dressing for that could be made with olive oil, and you don't need much dressing to make the salad.

or Do the Seven Layer Southwestern Salad. Full of veggies and good fiber - again use lowfat cheese and sour cream (I guess you could use fat free - but I could never bring myself to swallow it!) and you have a great main dish salad that is healthy and yummy!

Or do Apple Berry Fruit Salsa w/ baked Cinnamon Chips. What a great, healthy dessert!

Yes I do, the one-pot pasta is suprisingly light and healthy and easy to make, double the batch and you could feed quite a few people.

ALSO, TRY THIS DELICOUS LOWER-CALORIE NO (OR LOW) SUGAR VERSION OF THE SNICKERS MIRACLE CAKE!

Low Sugar/ Low Calorie Turtle Miracle Cake!

Ingredients Needed:
• 1 container of sugar free or reduced sugar chocolate frosting
• 1 box of sugar free or reduced sugar chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients for the cake)
• 1 package of pecans
• Several sugar-free Russel-Stover turtle chocolates

Cooking Tools:
• Batter Bowl
• Fluted Stone
• Food Chopper
• Rubber Scraper
• Whisk
• Simple Additions Platter
• Santoku Knife

Cooking Instructions:

o Using the whisk, mix up cake ingredients in the batter bowl and set it to the side.
o Use food chopper to chop pecans to the desired size. Sprinkle the chopped pecans into the bottom of the fluted stone.
o Using the Santoku Knife coarsely chop the candy pieces in half. Sprinkle the candy bar pieces into the fluted stone on top of the nuts.
o Next, pour the cake batter into the fluted stone.
o Using the Rubber Scraper dollop three good-sized spoonfuls of frosting on top of the cake. This will be about ¾ of the container of frosting.
o Now put in microwave for 12-13 min.
o Let it sit for 5 minutes then turn over on round platter.

GRAB A LARGE GLASS OF SKIM MILK, AND CUT A SLICE AND ENJOY YOU'RE ANGELIC CHOCOLATE CREATION THATS NOT AS SINFUL AS IT TASTES!

I am doing a Light 'n Fit cooking show tomorrow. I am going to prepare the Calypso Club Sandwich Ring, and I am also bringing the Berries 'n Cream Wonton Wrappers. (A great pink recipe if you use the strawberry yogurt, and raspberries or strawberries on top).

There are a lot of great choices in the "It's Good for You" cookbook.

Try making the Thai Chicken Stir-fry Salad (Season's Best Fall 07) using fat free poppy seed dressing. I use Maple Grove Farms brand and I've received RAVE reviews. I serve it in the collapsible bowl and leave the chopped peanuts on the side, which also reduces the fat content for those who bypass the nuts.

Kathytnt said:

You cannot get a healthier salad than The Harvest Chicken Salad....if you leave out the nuts & use fresh oranges/tangerines/clememtines....it will be even lighter!!

Here it is....

Harvest Chicken Salad
---------------------

Ingredients:

Dressing
2 oranges

1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise

2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard

2 teaspoons sugar

1/4 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper

1 small garlic clove, pressed

Salad
1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach leaves

2 cups diced roasted chicken

1 cup diced celery

2 medium Red Delicious apples

1/2 cup chopped red onion

3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries

1/2 cup toasted pecan halves (optional)

Orange segments and Whole-Grain Croutons (optional)

Directions:
1. For dressing, zest one orange using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 2
teaspoons zest. Juice oranges to measure 1/2 cup juice. Combine orange zest,
mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt, black pepper and garlic pressed with Garlic
Press in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk until smooth using Stainless Whisk. While
continuously whisking, add orange juice in a thin, steady stream; set dressing
aside.

2. For salad, place spinach in bottom of large serving bowl. Dice chicken and
celery using Utility Knife. Cut apples in half lengthwise; remove stems and
seeds using Cook’s Corer(R). Cut each apple half into four wedges; crinkle cut
wedges into small pieces using Crinkle Cutter. Chop onion using Food Chopper.
Layer chicken, celery, apples, onion, cranberries and pecans, if desired, over
spinach. To serve, drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Top with orange
segments and Whole-Grain Croutons, if desired. Serve immediately.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Light (1 cup salad): Calories 100, Total Fat 2 g,
Saturated Fat .5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium
170 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook's Tip: To toast pecans, spread over bottom of Small Oval Baker. Microwave
on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and lightly toasted, stirring after each
30-second interval.

A 2-pound rotisserie-cooked chicken can be used to prepare this recipe, if
desired.

Preparing Orange Segments:

To cut orange into segments, cut a thin slice from the top and the bottom using
Utility Knife; stand upright. Cutting from top to bottom, carefully trim away
peel and white membrane.

Cut down one side of membrane. Angle knife under segment and lift out. Repeat
with remaining segments.

Shopping List:
Dressing

2 oranges

1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise

2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard

2 teaspoons sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 small garlic clove

Salad

1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach leaves

2 cups diced roasted chicken

4 stalks celery

2 medium Red Delicious apples

1 small red onion

On the HWC recipe thread, Pampmomof3 posted a file of recipes for HWC, I made the confetti pasta salad in there and oh my was it good! I would reccommend adding some grilled chicken, but it's fun and colorful!

Oh yeah, and it was a total hit! Everyone loved it!

Kathytnt said:

And BTW, Kathy, I was just thinking of you the other day!! Glad to "see" you again! Thanks for dropping in! :D ;)

Chicken Tortilla cassarole is very light ... low fat. Chips are the worst thing in there and if you can find baked chips or make your own, it's even lighter.

Becky D - I LOVE ALL OF YOUR RECIPE COMBO IDEAS! :love:

The Harvest Chicken Salad ROCKS! I have people who HATE Spinach try and ASK FOR THE RECIPE!

I like the Harvest Chicken Salad and several of the other ideas. I have very little cookware mostly just small pieces.

That turtle cake sounds awesome but I odn't have the fluted stone

I have at least one client that turned co-worker and antoher friend that eats light so I am trying to have a variety for everyone. I usually do a few cooked ahead or prepared ahead items

Hi Cathy - How are you doing???

I am working full time now and trying to workout alot to lose that last 30 lbs (130 already gone) before our rip to the beach in late summer Busy Busy Busy We are saving for a house

Related to Healthy Fundraising Ideas for HWC Show with Jenny Craig Consultant

What are some healthy recipes that can be demonstrated at a Pampered Chef show?

At Pampered Chef, we have a variety of delicious and nutritious recipes that can be demonstrated at a show. Some popular options include our quinoa and vegetable stir-fry, grilled chicken and vegetable skewers, and avocado and black bean salad. We also have options for those with dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free and vegetarian recipes.

How can I make my Pampered Chef show more interactive and engaging for guests?

To make your show more interactive and engaging, we recommend incorporating hands-on activities such as having guests participate in food prep or using our kitchen tools to make a recipe. You can also encourage guests to ask questions and share their own cooking experiences. Additionally, consider offering prizes or incentives for guests who actively participate in the show.

Are there any healthy cooking tips or tricks that can be shared during a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, we have plenty of healthy cooking tips and tricks that can be shared during a show. For example, we can demonstrate how to use our oil sprayer to reduce the amount of oil used in cooking, or how to use our vegetable spiralizer to create healthier alternatives to pasta. We can also discuss the benefits of using fresh herbs and spices instead of salt for flavoring.

Can I customize the recipes demonstrated at a Pampered Chef show to fit my specific dietary needs?

Absolutely! Our recipes can be easily customized to fit your specific dietary needs. For example, if you are looking for low-carb options, we can demonstrate how to use our spiralizer to make zucchini noodles instead of traditional pasta. We can also offer alternatives for those with allergies, such as using almond flour instead of wheat flour.

Do you offer any healthy kitchen tools or products that can be used during a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, we have a variety of kitchen tools and products that can help make cooking healthier and easier. Our non-stick cookware and silicone baking mats make it easy to cook without excess oil or butter. We also have a variety of tools, such as our avocado slicer and herb chopper, that can make preparing healthy meals quick and simple.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennie50
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • zaharof
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies