• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy / Light Recipe for Cooking Show

In summary, there are several healthy substitutions for ingredients in traditional recipes such as using applesauce or mashed avocado instead of butter, whole wheat or zucchini noodles instead of regular pasta, and Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. To incorporate more vegetables into meals, they can be used as a base or filler, added to casseroles or soups, or used as a dipper instead of chips or crackers. Some healthy and flavorful seasonings to use in recipes include garlic, ginger, cumin, paprika, and turmeric. To make a recipe lower in calories and fat, excess fat can be trimmed from meats, cooking methods can be altered, and low-fat or fat-free dairy products can be used. Pampered Chef products can also
Sandibeach
Hello,

I'm looking for recipe ideas for a light and healthy meal to demo in a cooking show. I'm new at this, and only really have the starter kit. Can anyone suggest something. Nothing with pillsbury dough is acceptable. My host is on a major diet! I would like something that demos lots of products. I found the chicken fajita pizza, which I hope she'll like, but she wanted a few options.

Tks,

Sandibeach said:
Hello,

I'm looking for recipe ideas for a light and healthy meal to demo in a cooking show. I'm new at this, and only really have the starter kit. Can anyone suggest something. Nothing with pillsbury dough is acceptable. My host is on a major diet! I would like something that demos lots of products. I found the chicken fajita pizza, which I hope she'll like, but she wanted a few options.

Tks,

Try this ~ my guests are loving this

Attachments

• ;-) APPLE BERRY SALSA.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 359
Harvest Spinach Salad in F/W 06 SB!!

I guess you probably don't have the Deluxe Mini Muffin Pan (maybe you could borrow it from someone) but the Berries and Cream Wonton Cups from "It's Good For You" are really yummy. And pretty!

Unfortunately no pan, and my director lives 1.5 hours away and unfortunately I don't know anyone else close by. I really like the chicken harvest salad... I think I'll push, suggest this one, especially since I can promo the cookbook!

Great idea! Tks

1. What are some healthy substitutions for ingredients in traditional recipes?

There are many ways to make a recipe healthier by swapping out certain ingredients. Instead of using butter, try using applesauce or mashed avocado as a replacement. Instead of regular pasta, opt for whole wheat or zucchini noodles. You can also use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream in dips and sauces.

2. How can I incorporate more vegetables into my meals?

One easy way to add more veggies to your meals is by using them as a base or filler. For example, you can make cauliflower rice instead of using regular rice in a stir-fry. You can also add more veggies to casseroles or soups for a nutrient boost. Another idea is to swap out chips or crackers for sliced veggies as a dipper.

3. Can you suggest some healthy and flavorful seasonings to use in recipes?

There are many herbs and spices that can add flavor to your dishes without adding extra calories. Some popular options include garlic, ginger, cumin, paprika, and turmeric. You can also experiment with different blends, such as Italian seasoning or Cajun seasoning, to add variety to your meals.

4. How can I make a recipe lower in calories and fat?

There are a few simple ways to make a recipe lighter. First, you can trim excess fat from meats before cooking. You can also use cooking methods like grilling, baking, or steaming instead of frying. When it comes to dairy products, choose low-fat or fat-free options. Lastly, reduce the amount of added oils or butter in a recipe by using non-stick cooking spray or broth instead.

5. Are there any healthy desserts or treats that can be made using Pampered Chef products?

Yes, there are many delicious and nutritious desserts and treats that can be made using our products. For example, you can make fruit sorbet using our Ice Shaver and frozen fruit. You can also bake healthier versions of cookies or brownies using our baking stones and using alternative sweeteners like honey or maple syrup. You can also try making your own energy bites or protein bars using our food chopper and mixing bowls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedval
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies