• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy dcb Recipe for Microwave: Easy Ideas for a Show Next Week!

and richness...that I find it hard to just eat regular yogurt.Greek yogurt is like any other yogurt in that you can purchase it as whole fat, low fat, or fat free. But it is so different in taste...and richness...that I find it hard to just eat regular yogurt.
TheresaK
I'm doing a show next week and the hostess told me yesterday that she'd like to do something healthy. I really want to use the dcb in the microwave and am a new consultant so I'm limited on tools. Any ideas??:eek:

TheresaK said:
I'm doing a show next week and the hostess told me yesterday that she'd like to do something healthy. I really want to use the dcb in the microwave and am a new consultant so I'm limited on tools. Any ideas??:eek:

The White Chicken Chili in the New SB!

Or do a 30 Minute Chicken or the 10 Minute Pork Tenderloin.

The microwave Turkey Chili is pretty figure friendly. So are the 15-Minute Fajitas. Both really good recipes!

I will check out those recipes. Thank you!

mmm... I love that white chicken chili. It's a good cold-weather recipe, too.

15 minute Fajitas all the way. I did those the other night and people loved them. One gal ordered the DCB at full price, another is having a show to get it, ans another is getting it as past host.

The 15-minute fajitas have VERY little fat in them! I am doing Weight Watchers and following the CORE system (which allows you to eat until satisfied from a list of foods). The fajitas are totally core and SOOOOOO delicious! I used lettuce and made lettuce wraps with them instead of tortillas, used fat free cheese and fat free sour cream (Breakstones is the only kind I can tolerate). This is my absolute favorite DCB recipe -- healthy or otherwise!

janezapchef said:
The 15-minute fajitas have VERY little fat in them! I am doing Weight Watchers and following the CORE system (which allows you to eat until satisfied from a list of foods). The fajitas are totally core and SOOOOOO delicious! I used lettuce and made lettuce wraps with them instead of tortillas, used fat free cheese and fat free sour cream (Breakstones is the only kind I can tolerate). This is my absolute favorite DCB recipe -- healthy or otherwise!

ditto!! I LOVE it----

The fajitas are awesome to do. And there are so many versions of tortillas these days, from low carb to whole wheat to zero trans fat, etc. I always use light sour cream, most people can tolerate it just fine. But you can't go wrong with the fajitas! Yummy!

babywings76 said:
The fajitas are awesome to do. And there are so many versions of tortillas these days, from low carb to whole wheat to zero trans fat, etc. I always use light sour cream, most people can tolerate it just fine. But you can't go wrong with the fajitas! Yummy!

I have a HUGE aversion to fat free/low fat sour cream...because if you read the side of the container it is full of so many non-food items and fillers that it isn't even sour cream anymore.
EXCEPT! There is one brand (at least it's a brand here, don't know if it's a national brand or not) of Light Sour Cream that is nothing but real food - and it is thick and creamy and absolutely delicious. That is Daisy Sour Cream and it's the only brand I will buy! I'm a obsessive, paranoid label reader - and I've read the labels on them all, and this is the only brand I've found (other than organic thru the roof priced brands) that is made without a bunch of additives.

You can also use yogurt cheese in place of the sour cream. Place a coffee filter in a strainer over a bowl. Fill the filter with plain yogurt and let it sit in the fridge for several hours. The whey will strain out of the yogurt and you'll be left with a thick, sour cream-like spread. The longer you let it sit, the thicker it gets. And then you can season it with Southwest seasoning or Chipotle rub.

chefann said:
You can also use yogurt cheese in place of the sour cream. Place a coffee filter in a strainer over a bowl. Fill the filter with plain yogurt and let it sit in the fridge for several hours. The whey will strain out of the yogurt and you'll be left with a thick, sour cream-like spread. The longer you let it sit, the thicker it gets. And then you can season it with Southwest seasoning or Chipotle rub.

That actually sounds pretty good! I've read about this before, using Greek yogurt, which (I think) is naturally fat-free.

janezapchef said:
That actually sounds pretty good! I've read about this before, using Greek yogurt, which (I think) is naturally fat-free.

Greek yogurt is like any other yogurt in that you can purchase it as whole fat, low fat, or fat free. But it is so different in taste and texture! I love Greek yogurt! It feels like you are eating a decadent treat, even though it's so good for you!

Yogurt Cheese, when strained for long enough (12-24 hours) can also be used in place of cream cheese. I've used it before to make the base spread for Cool Veggie Pizza and Clubhouse Chicken Squares.

Oh - and Milk, Yogurt, and Kefir are the only dairy products that can be made Fat Free naturally - any others have to be highly processed and changed in nature in order to be fat free.:yuck:

I'm sorry - I am such a whole foods freak...I know it gets tiring after awhile.:eek:

Thanks Becky! I appreciate the whole foods insight. I'm pretty stupid that way, but I'd like to be more enlightened. I just discovered Greek yogurt and was so excited when I tasted it because although the kind I bought is fat free it totally tastes like the good stuff. I'm happy to hear it's actually good for me too (better than most fat-free foods anyway).

Jane, I'm on Core too and have been looking for Core PC recipes! If you come across others (preferably vegetarian!), please let me know! :)

There is a recipe in Season's Best for avocado salsa in tortilla shells, with the tortilla shells made in the mini muffin tin. That's pretty healthy, especiallly if you use whole wheat tortillas.

Koima, I will gladly look for some Core PC recipes and get back to you (via PM). I know the chipotle cornbread chicken cups are very good for you, though, not core. Also, the 30 minute chicken and 10 minute pork tenderloin are also core, though, obviously, not vegetarian.

janezapchef said:
What's Kefir?

We love Kefir - I used to get it at the Health Food Store where I shop, but now Costco carries it. We have it alot for breakfast...it's like a smoothie in a bottle.

Here is a description of it:
Kefir

This is the kind I buy:

Welcome to Lifeway Foods

Hmmm, interesting. I've seen it all over here -- Walmart, Giant Eagle (grocery store), etc. -- so, I'll have to try it!

I think I blew my points today! I went to Costco HUNGRY! They had loaves of freshly baked bread that was soooo aromatic I couldn't pass it up. I got the Rosemary bread. It was still warn and it did not make it down the aisle. I tore into that bag!! I had eaten at least 2 servings before I got to the register. Then I made the mistake of putting the bags in the passenger's seat next to me while I was running around town doing my errands! I ate have a loaf!!! However, in my defense the bag claims to use 100% organic ingredients! AT least I have all 35 of my flex points still in play for the week. I was planning on saving those for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups tonight , though!! Oh well!

End hijack!

1. What is a "dcb" recipe?

"DCB" stands for "Deep Covered Baker," which is a microwave-safe stoneware dish from Pampered Chef. It is designed to help cook food quickly and evenly in the microwave.

2. Are the ingredients for this recipe easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients for our Healthy DCB Recipe for Microwave are simple and can be found at most grocery stores. We strive to create recipes that use common, everyday ingredients to make cooking convenient for our customers.

3. Can this recipe be adjusted for dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! Our Healthy DCB Recipe for Microwave can easily be adjusted for dietary restrictions. For example, if you are following a gluten-free diet, you can use gluten-free ingredients in place of regular ones. You can also substitute any ingredients you may be allergic to or trying to avoid.

4. How long does it take to cook this recipe in the microwave?

The cooking time may vary depending on your microwave's power and the size of your dish. However, on average, our Healthy DCB Recipe for Microwave takes about 15-20 minutes to cook. We recommend checking the dish periodically to ensure it is cooking evenly and not overcooking.

5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the ingredients for our Healthy DCB Recipe for Microwave ahead of time, but we recommend cooking it right before serving. This will ensure the dish is fresh and retains its flavor and texture. However, you can also store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies