• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Side Dish Ideas for Your Fundraising Cooking Show with DCB

In summary, this recipe is easy to follow and has a lot of variations that can make it into a main dish or side dish.
dessertMama
Hello I have a Fundraising Cooking Show on Sunday and would like to know if anyone have any recipe for a side dish using the DCB.

Thank you.

Last edited:
you can cook most any casserole in the DCB - just pick your favorite

Thank you Linda

It is an awesome recipe! easy to make and just as easy to bake if you use the microwave. I use this one a lot for family gatherings. I even do it as dinner by adding a pound of cooked ground beef to it before cooking the entire recipe. Yum!! Oh and cooked meats such as chicken, turkey, smoked or breakfast sausages or ham works well in this too! There is not much you can't do to this to make it a main dish. Also, I have substituted cauliflower for 1/2 and all of the potatoes!

pampered1224 said:
It is an awesome recipe! easy to make and just as easy to bake if you use the microwave. I use this one a lot for family gatherings. I even do it as dinner by adding a pound of cooked ground beef to it before cooking the entire recipe. Yum!! Oh and cooked meats such as chicken, turkey, smoked or breakfast sausages or ham works well in this too! There is not much you can't do to this to make it a main dish. Also, I have substituted cauliflower for 1/2 and all of the potatoes!

Great..I think that my boyfriend might like this..and when I was reading your post I was thinking what veggie could I put in this..then I had to laugh when I got to the last line. I might try broccoli.

1. What is the DCB and how does it work?

The DCB stands for Deep Covered Baker, which is a stoneware dish with a domed lid that helps to create a steamy environment for cooking. It works by trapping in moisture and heat, resulting in tender and evenly cooked dishes.

2. Can I use the DCB for side dishes?

Absolutely! The DCB is perfect for making side dishes such as roasted vegetables, casseroles, rice dishes, and even desserts.

3. Do I need to preheat the DCB before using it?

No, the DCB does not need to be preheated. You can simply add your ingredients to the dish and place it in a cold oven. However, you can also preheat the DCB if you prefer.

4. How do I clean the DCB?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to avoid any potential damage. You can also use a non-abrasive cleaner for tougher stains.

5. Can I use the DCB in the microwave?

Yes, the DCB is safe to use in the microwave. However, the lid is not microwave safe so it should be removed before microwaving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • cookin to the top
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Fluffy215
  • General Chat
Replies