1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: First Show - Mexican - need a dessert!

1. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

I'm getting ready for my first show! I'm going to make fajitas and the pass-around pineapple salsa. I am borrowing the salad choppers from my recruiter. My show is a co-worker and there will be a few people from work coming - so I offered to bring a dessert that I plan on making ahead at home. I have the mini kit so I really only have the large bar pan and the square baker. She mention cookies but I would prefer to use my PC products. Any dessert ideas are much appriciated!! If I can't find anything I may ask to borrow the trifle dish from my recruiter.

Jul 28, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Symphony Brownies....super Simple and YUMMMM-O!! :D

Take a regular brownie mix and mix according to directions (I use a 13x9 mix for the square baker). Take two of the HUGE Symphony Chocolate or Hershey Chocolate bars...the kind in the baking aisle or candy aisle (top shelf type). Pour half the brownie batter into the square baker, then unwrap and put the chocolate bars into the batter - WHOLE. Pour the rest of the batter over the chocolate bars. bake as directed.

They are GREAT still slightly warm- so while you are packing your car or getting ready- bake them. They'll stay nice and warm in your stone. Then you can either cut them at your host's house and platter them or just serve them from the stone (might sell a few stones or book a show in September when stones are on sale!).

This is what I am going to start taking to my shows as my 'free dessert' (for more than 10 guests).

Good luck!

Jul 28, 2009
  3. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

What a great idea and I love brownies! Thank you - I can't wait to try this out.

Jul 28, 2009
  4. diradt

diradt Member

The Lime Berry Mousse Trifle compliments fajitas (and margaritas) really well. If you can get your hands on a trifle bowl, you will not be disappointed!

Jul 29, 2009
  5. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

Thank you - that sounds great! I'll have to ask my recruiter if she has one I can borrow!

Jul 29, 2009
  6. aried

aried Advanced Member Gold Member

Mexican Chocolate cake if you can borrow a fluted pan and make it in the microwave. You can find the recipe in the files here.

Jul 29, 2009
  7. Nfldfran

Nfldfran Member

I did a Mexican fiesta show last night. I made the Mexican Chocolate Cream Pie from the Stoneware sensations cookbook ahead of time. They loved it.

I did the fajitas in the DCB. 3 guests; sold 5 bakers.

Diane

Jul 29, 2009
  8. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

You can do cookies, just use the large bar pan!

Jul 29, 2009
Have something to add?