• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Got Back From Spring Launch! (No Spoilers)

In summary, at the Omaha Spring Launch, Pampered Chef provided extra product to those that were in attendance and it was an amazing experience. One of my consultant friends got sick and so did the girl in front of me. I am not able to go to either spring launch. Santa Clara was amazing too!Atlanta was awesome!The next week is going to be so hard! I can't wait to go!
chellb1234
just got back from Omaha Spring Launch!!!
we were at 100% attendance so we got the extra product!!!
this is my first launch and it was AWESOME!!!

just an fyi, for all of you gluten free people out there, MAKE SURE your lunch is gluten free...ours served non-gluten pasta salad and chips made where wheat is around...
one of my consultant friends got sick and so did the girl in front of me...

i know different venues are using different caterers, but JUST MAKE SURE!

I BET YOU CAN HARDLY WAIT A WEEK!!!

My gluten free lunch didn't have pasta salad in it but I did get it a little later so maybe they corrected it.

chellb1234 said:
just an fyi, for all of you gluten free people out there, MAKE SURE your lunch is gluten free...ours served non-gluten pasta salad and chips made where wheat is around...
one of my consultant friends got sick and so did the girl in front of me...
!

That's really too bad! How did they end up getting gluten product?? You'd think they'd get this stuff right!

It was awesome in Lexington as well!

WooHoo for extra free stuff! :D

Had a blast in Baltimore!!!

Awesome is all I can say from Lexington! Best one I've been to yet!!!

Charlotte was amazing too!

Lexington Rocked! Got to watch my first director walk and share- it was incredible!

Congratulations!

loreo said:
Lexington Rocked! Got to watch my first director walk and share- it was incredible!

Santa Clara was amazing too!

The next week is going to be so hard! I can't wait to go! I don't usually wait for surprises, but this time I don't want to hear the announcements before! I can't wait to hear them at Spring Launch!!!

Yes--you'll be glad you waited. HO does a really great job with this announcement!

I am not able to go to either spring launch. Is someone allowed to PM me with the big news or is that against the rules, too?Thanks!

They were quite specific to say at the beginning of the meeting to not share with anyone - not team members who couldn't make it, not to post it on FB, etc. Usually they make that kind of request at the end of the meeting. I could see people with their tablets and phones going so it made sense for them to say it at the beginning so people didn't start posting updates as the products and announcements rolled out.

I was at the Ontario and it was so great! So many things we have all been asking for. Our day was amazing!
Thank you Pampered Chef!

Omaha was great! I felt like the day just flew by. Lots of information to keep your attention. It was good to see other consultants and share the excitement of a new seaon. :)

I know that they aren't wanting you to tell the new items but does anyone have any of the "discontinued" items figured out? I'd like to do some sort of "get it while you can" before the S/S rollout. Are the new catalogs starting in March or April?

Question about the "layout" of launch...as this is new, is it similar to "conference" at all, do you get to take any workshops? Is it all nuts and bolts? Do they do new director walks?

I don't really get excited going to director express, or the last couple of spring launches, because it's been the consultants sitting at tables, listening to recruiting, seeing the "pie charts", etc. It's a bit of a yawn for me...so just wondered how, or if, they changed it up in that way.

chefsteph07 said:
Question about the "layout" of launch...as this is new, is it similar to "conference" at all, do you get to take any workshops? Is it all nuts and bolts? Do they do new director walks?

I don't really get excited going to director express, or the last couple of spring launches, because it's been the consultants sitting at tables, listening to recruiting, seeing the "pie charts", etc. It's a bit of a yawn for me...so just wondered how, or if, they changed it up in that way.

I was at the first Spring Launch but not last year's. It was similar to the first one. They are doing recognition in a semi informal way, there is a walk. No workshops. But HUGE learning I promise you won't want to sleep or yawn!

Teresa LM said:
I know that they aren't wanting you to tell the new items but does anyone have any of the "discontinued" items figured out? I'd like to do some sort of "get it while you can" before the S/S rollout. Are the new catalogs starting in March or April?

And you will have all that in less than a week. It will not make a difference in your business.

I used to spend time at the hotel with the old and new catalogs getting the dc'd and price changed items figured out. It made no difference in my business and as soon as the change over kit arrived I got a printout from PC in plenty of time to share with my customers.

Yes, Charlotte was awesome. It was my first Spring Launch and I was NOT disappointed! :)

To anyone who has lost that wow factor at meetings like chefsteph07 - I am 12 year old car. I have seen and heard it all. Or have I? I stop into the "gas station" where I get the same old "gasoline" every time. So I run the same every time I leave. However I can not reach the 90 mphs I want to reach. I go back to the same "gas station" and this time I open my mind to the merits of that gasoline. I take a closer look at the "gasoline" I am putting into my tank. That's when I realize there is more to that "gasoline" than I first thought. There are these tiny little "additives" that some how I missed. Things to make me a stronger, better running engine. Those little "additives" I have missed at one time are a spark in my plugs that give me an extra little boost. The "gasoline" never changes but the "additives" do. So it is still the same boring "gasoline" but those little jewels of "additives" are just the extra charge I need in my engine to get to that 90 miles an hour. I used to walk out of meetings of any kind thinking, geeze that was a waste of time. I knew that the "gasoline" had not changed. But then I started hearing about other little things, the "additives", that may or may not have been said before but my consciousness missed. I had to train myself to walk into every meeting with an open mind. Now, I am excited if I pick up just one thing to make my engine roar. And it happens every time now because I let it. I do not over analyze the main component, the "gasoline", because that does not change. Why? BECAUSE IT WORKS. So now I focus more on the "additives". When I do that, the "gasoline" then becomes important again because it helps carry the "additive" or "additives" I got with the "gasoline" and makes it all work. So pull into that "gas station" and filler up. But if you are not watching the flow, you will miss the "additives" that make it all that more powerful.
Oh and if before you go to the "gas station" already thinking that nothing new will come of it, and only expecting what you have previously come to expect, pull the car back into the garage and turn off the key. The "gas station" can not help you any longer because your engine has refused to accept there may be "additives". You have already decided they do not exist.

Last edited:
Agree John! I was in Charlotte this weekend. It was my 2nd launch, and I've been to 3 NCs. I've heard nearly ALL of the PC online training resources, Tammy Stanley's CDs, Belinda Ellsworth's stuff, etc. I've heard ALOT. So training at launch was a bit repetitive in some areas for me....but there are nuggets here and there. Ideas and methods that seemed appealing. The cherry-on-top...my big "AHA" was in the last 30 minutes when Patti Mocerino got up to give us a final pep talk. She mentioned calling past hosts and guests who have purchases stoneware and bakeware to tell them about Feb's special and ask if they "want to ADD TO THEIR COLLECTION". Those 4 words. That was my additive, and what I can build on in the next week or so to hopefully get a few shows on my calendar, or at least some orders!you never know what it will be. Or even just sharing ideas with your neighbors!!!

I don't disagree w/ you John, I do usually come up w/ a few new ideas, I was simply wondering if the format had changed at all.

chefsteph07 said:
I don't disagree w/ you John, I do usually come up w/ a few new ideas, I was simply wondering if the format had changed at all.

I didn't notice much change overall. We got the big news and products in the first 2 hours. Then various speakers for different topics- bookings, recruiting, spring shows, product ideas (good ones there), and of course, more info on the big announcement.

As someone said- they did have an informal recognition of those who promoted since August for Director, Adv. Director, upper levels. And for us, informal was "If you promoted to director since August, meet STacy at the back of the room". Then a few minutes later, they paraded up the aisle waving dollar-store pom-poms and got on stage as a group. Took some photos, and then they said their own name and where they were from. I'm not sure they warned anyone this might happen- given how most of them were very casually dressed...and some were VERY casual. ;) If it were me, I would have liked to know, so I could at least have dressed up better!- maybe not the "little-black dress" style like some did at NC, but certainly something better than sweats and T-shirts. JUST My OPINION though. :)

So if you promoted since Aug 1st, be prepared! ;)

esavvymom said:
I didn't notice much change overall. We got the big news and products in the first 2 hours. Then various speakers for different topics- bookings, recruiting, spring shows, product ideas (good ones there), and of course, more info on the big announcement.

As someone said- they did have an informal recognition of those who promoted since August for Director, Adv. Director, upper levels. And for us, informal was "If you promoted to director since August, meet STacy at the back of the room". Then a few minutes later, they paraded up the aisle waving dollar-store pom-poms and got on stage as a group. Took some photos, and then they said their own name and where they were from. I'm not sure they warned anyone this might happen- given how most of them were very casually dressed...and some were VERY casual. ;) If it were me, I would have liked to know, so I could at least have dressed up better!- maybe not the "little-black dress" style like some did at NC, but certainly something better than sweats and T-shirts. JUST My OPINION though. :)

Personally, I couldn't imagine wearing sweats and T-shirts to the Spring Launch. I always thought the dress was business casual.

KellieM's Kitchen said:
Yes, Charlotte was awesome. It was my first Spring Launch and I was NOT disappointed! :)

Hooray! Our inspiring speaker brought me to tears. Of course it helps that she's my downline lol. Shameless plug!

esavvymom said:

I didn't remember anyone being in sweats and teeshirts but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention. I thought there was more energy with this SL than in the past two- not nearly what is at Conference but lots of nice little surprises. Marina brought me to tears again.. even though she actually rode with me because she is part of my team lol.. She never fails to inspire me. I thought our speakers were good overall. Loved all of the great announcements!

beckyjsmith said:
I didn't remember anyone being in sweats and teeshirts but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention. I thought there was more energy with this SL than in the past two- not nearly what is at Conference but lots of nice little surprises. Marina brought me to tears again.. even though she actually rode with me because she is part of my team lol.. She never fails to inspire me. I thought our speakers were good overall. Loved all of the great announcements!

I don't know if anyone was in Sweatpants...my roommate said one person was way underdressed (I didn't see the person specifically she was thinking of). I did see quite a few that were definitely less than business casual. I'm ok with Jeans- if the top/shirt is nice. We weren't dressed up - jeans/khakis with nice shirts/sweaters, etc.

Anyway- my point really was they didn't look at ALL like folks look when they KNOW they are walking on the stage for recognition.

I saw someone in shorts and a t-shirt. I didn't get a close look to see what style of shorts (not blue jeans at least) but it was only 35 degrees yesterday!!

esavvymom said:
I don't know if anyone was in Sweatpants...my roommate said one person was way underdressed (I didn't see the person specifically she was thinking of). I did see quite a few that were definitely less than business casual. I'm ok with Jeans- if the top/shirt is nice. We weren't dressed up - jeans/khakis with nice shirts/sweaters, etc.

Anyway- my point really was they didn't look at ALL like folks look when they KNOW they are walking on the stage for recognition.

Yeah I imagine that would be good information to have ahead of time. Same with top tens. That was a total surprise.

There was an announcement on CC about new directors being recognized at SL. May have been on the fast track page. My director loved it. I imagine the big recognition will be at leadership.

Several people who went on stage were dressed well below what I'd call business casual including a NED who was up there a couple times wHich were definitely planned. I really didn't think it took away from the whole atmosphere, it just would have looked nicer had they tried to look their best.

wadesgirl said:
I saw someone in shorts and a t-shirt. I didn't get a close look to see what style of shorts (not blue jeans at least) but it was only 35 degrees yesterday!!

I almost wish we had been sitting together! My team members were all fairly new and did not understand why I was a bit freaked. She looked like she came over to us after getting done at the gym. RIGHT AFTER the gym. Well, her hair was done..

I was told you should wear Business casual, so that is what I wore. I was shocked to see so many dressed down, so to speak. One Lady was in jeans and a plaid shirt, and she went on stage. I guess she didn't get the memo... I was going to wear nice jeans and a nice blouse, but I was told not to. Interesting.... Oh well, it was still a lot of fun even though I was by myself.

where can I go if I want to hear spoilers, I cant go to the spring launch and id just like to have someone email me..maybe pics yoo? Anyone?

BethCooks4U said:
Several people who went on stage were dressed well below what I'd call business casual including a NED who was up there a couple times wHich were definitely planned. I really didn't think it took away from the whole atmosphere, it just would have looked nicer had they tried to look their best.

I am wracking my brain now lol. We were told what to wear. Solid color, pastel shirt or sweater for the panel. I would assume they would have been too.

PSPingMom said:
where can I go if I want to hear spoilers, I cant go to the spring launch and id just like to have someone email me..maybe pics yoo? Anyone?

Nobody can say anything yet, we are sworn to keep it a secret until Saturday

beckyjsmith said:
I am wracking my brain now lol. We were told what to wear. Solid color, pastel shirt or sweater for the panel. I would assume they would have been too.

For the recognition, no one knew ahead of time. At least not that our new AD in our cluster knew. They wanted ones who promoted in the last 6 months to come up and we were all using our fingers trying to figure it out before they finally gave dates it would have taken place.

No I know that no one was told for recognition. I was top ten in recruiting and had no clue that that would be announced either. Beth alluded to NED's being underdressed. I was on the host coaching panel and WAS told what to wear for that. Sorry for the confusion.

beckyjsmith said:
No I know that no one was told for recognition. I was top ten in recruiting and had no clue that that would be announced either. Beth alluded to NED's being underdressed. I was on the host coaching panel and WAS told what to wear for that. Sorry for the confusion.

Well, now that I think, maybe she wasn't a NED but she was up there in the executive rants anyway. They said her whole team was wearing the same shirt...

BethCooks4U said:
Well, now that I think, maybe she wasn't a NED but she was up there in the executive rants anyway. They said her whole team was wearing the same shirt...
Ooooh now I know EXACTLY who you're talking about. Got it! With that situation, though, I kind of get the concept. It is nice to feel like a team. The shirts were collared so they weren't ratty tee shirts. But definitely not as dressy as the majority.

beckyjsmith said:
Ooooh now I know EXACTLY who you're talking about. Got it! With that situation, though, I kind of get the concept. It is nice to feel like a team. The shirts were collared so they weren't ratty tee shirts. But definitely not as dressy as the majority.

I remember those. Very interesting color choice, they were. (sarcasm intended). But at least they were more of a polo, versus T shirts. :D

1. What is Spring Launch and where is it held?

Spring Launch is an annual event for Pampered Chef consultants where new products and updates are announced. This year, it was held in Omaha, Nebraska.

2. What is the significance of having 100% attendance at Spring Launch?

Having 100% attendance means that all consultants were present at the event. This is important because it shows dedication and commitment to the Pampered Chef business.

3. Can you share any spoilers from Spring Launch?

Unfortunately, no spoilers can be shared as Pampered Chef wants to keep the excitement and surprise for consultants who were not able to attend the event.

4. Why is it important for gluten-free attendees to be cautious about their lunch at Spring Launch?

It is important for gluten-free attendees to be cautious because some venues may not have caterers who are familiar with gluten-free dietary restrictions. This can lead to cross-contamination and cause illness for gluten-free attendees.

5. When will the new products and updates from Spring Launch be available for purchase?

The new products and updates from Spring Launch will be available for purchase in one week's time. So get ready to stock up on all the exciting new items!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
amyf112
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • sklay723