• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need to Know Something From Spring Launch (Not Spoilers!)

In summary, the Spring Launch did not mention what the Host/Guest specials will be for April. However, next week we should have our change over kits which will have the marketing guide and specials through May.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
At Spring Launch...did they mention at all what the Host/Guest specials will be for April? I don't need to know what they are - just want to know when I'll know. I have 2 different hosts trying to decide when to host their Spring shows, and neither need/want Cookware...so both are wondering what the April Specials are, and I just wanted to give them a time when I'll know so that they can know!

I think they flashed it on the screen, but it was really quick and I didn't catch it - might have been the Guest special. They said we'd get it all in the Spring Marketing guide. Probably next week.

We should have our change over kits next week which will have the marketing guide and specials through May will be in there.

They did flash them on the screen but too fast to see anything.

Okay - thanks! That's what I needed to know. I didn't want to tell them I could let them know this weekend if that wasn't true!

Also, not really a spoiler and I did look at the online order form for March, but I am assuming that shipping is stay at $4.75? I use my own order form and am almost out and wanted to print some through Office Depot.

heather223 said:
Also, not really a spoiler and I did look at the online order form for March, but I am assuming that shipping is stay at $4.75? I use my own order form and am almost out and wanted to print some through Office Depot.

No it didn't go up.

wadesgirl said:
No it didn't go up.

Thank you! Didn't want to have a bunch printed if it was changing! :chef:

I didn't find where anyone posted this. Did they give you something to write on...like at national conference? I am trying to take as little as possible and if I don't need a notebook I don't want to take one. Did they have coffee out...is there a place to get snacks? We are leaving mid morning and I need to know if I need to run to WalMart before we leave...lol Thanks for the info.

You will not need a notebook. Coffee was available at the Omaha launch all morning and water as well. Availabilty of snacks would depend on the venue.

mlpatch said:
You will not need a notebook. Coffee was available at the Omaha launch all morning and water as well. Availability of snacks would depend on the venue.
Just as a word of "warning" or caution with regards to drinks, at our venue in Charlotte, when we arrived in the morning, they did have coffee, bottled water, and sodas out to take. As well as having larger cups that you could put ice in.At lunch, they still had water/sodas. But about half-way through the lunch break, we were back out in the lobby taking some photos, and the drink carts were ALL GONE! No water, no sodas, just the two areas of the large cups with ice. They did still have two small water-dispensers to the side of each door (the blue jugs you turn upside down onto the dispenser). Fortunately, I had grabbed 2 bottles of water that morning, so I still had one. I just got a cup of ice for it. But make sure you plan for that- just in case! Grab an extra with your lunch, to get you through the last 4 hrs!And we didn't have snacks either.

Shawnna said:
I didn't find where anyone posted this. Did they give you something to write on...like at national conference? I am trying to take as little as possible and if I don't need a notebook I don't want to take one. Did they have coffee out...is there a place to get snacks? We are leaving mid morning and I need to know if I need to run to WalMart before we leave...lol Thanks for the info.
Yes they gave us a workbook. I always bring snacks - our location didn't have anything else besides lunch. Ours had coffee, pop and water out in the morning and I think during lunch. We also had several water dispensers in the room with cups.

thank you. Actually my husband is going to WalMart tonight so looks like he will be getting me some snacks...lol

Yep snacks are on my packing list for tomorrow. I am heading to Portland, OR and spending the weekend with a friend that lives there.

I am so excited for Spring Launch! Can't wait!

Do your neighbor a favor! Just don't get really crunchy snacks.....please! *crunch crunch crunch* while you are listening to a speaker....not cool man, not cool. :D (speaking from experience!!)

Oh man...but I love crunchy snacks...that only leaves bananas, cause oranges are too slurpy...hehehe...and I can only eat so many bananas.

Hhhhmmm...don't know what I will do about the ice crunching...lol

Do your crunchy snacks during some of the times that a speaker is not speaking. If you're strategic, you can snack with consideration for your neighbors. I won't name specific kinds of times, but there are plenty of opportunities.

It really depends on the crunch-factor too. This person was eating the chips from our lunch- which were like Kettle Chips- so REALLY crunchy. Some crackers, cookies, that sort of thing- no biggie usually. But yes- be strategic about it, and it's not so bad. :)

Becca_in_MD said:
Do your crunchy snacks during some of the times that a speaker is not speaking. If you're strategic, you can snack with consideration for your neighbors. I won't name specific kinds of times, but there are plenty of opportunities.
Not sure why...but this just made me laugh!

ChefBeckyD said:
Not sure why...but this just made me laugh!

Because I'm a hilarious gal :) For once I wasn't being snarky. I ate my whole lunch while they were doing the "more" speeches. OK, I didn't eat the apple or chips and only half of the sandwich...

and I understand there are no tables like last year?

lt1jane said:
and I understand there are no tables like last year?

Ours had tables but when I posted a funny picture on FB, another cheffer said that her's did not and the chairs were right next to each other.

Shawna, you can sit by me ... we'll crunch our ice together. ;)

We had tables last year but not this year. They were trying to cram more people in, which was odd b/c there was a big blocked off area behind the "stage" so the room could have easily held more people with tables. People were sitting on the floor all over the place eating lunch with their groups. You're told to wear business casual but be prepared to sit on the floor to eat.

We had tables....long rows of them. At least this year they werent AS close to each other so that when someone got out of the table in front of you, their bag(s) or "franny" didnt knock over your drink or take the table cloth with them.....but there wasnt much room to spare!

esavvymom said:
We had tables....long rows of them. At least this year they werent AS close to each other so that when someone got out of the table in front of you, their bag(s) or "franny" didnt knock over your drink or take the table cloth with them.....but there wasnt much room to spare!

Oh, our tables (at the same place, Charlotte) WERE that close together. The people in the row ahead were constantly going back and forth and were pulling the tablecloth off. Drinks were spilled but ironically it was THEIR table. I thought the rows were too long. A few more aisles would have been good to. Then less people would have had to go past as many people. There was room for that at our venue.

BethCooks4U said:
Oh, our tables (at the same place, Charlotte) WERE that close together. The people in the row ahead were constantly going back and forth and were pulling the tablecloth off. Drinks were spilled but ironically it was THEIR table. I thought the rows were too long. A few more aisles would have been good to. Then less people would have had to go past as many people. There was room for that at our venue.

Definitely too long. I guess i thought it a bit better than Rsleigh the first year, but yes.....could have used another 6-10 inches. It is not like they didnt have the room!

Tell ya what, Beth ... I'll whip out my digital camera, get the zoom set so it takes screen shots, and try REALLY HARD to snap a photo. Then sit there and analyze it for an hour ....

BethCooks4U said:

Ooohhhh... you had tablecloths!! :p

Last year they changed our venue (this year went back to the first year) and we got pens and little pads of paper from the hotel.

BethCooks4U said:
We should have our change over kits next week which will have the marketing guide and specials through May will be in there.

So I guess I'm wrong. Another thread says the 19th. I guess we'll get it when we do. lol

I purposely sit on an end whether it is tables or not. My butt is just to big to be messing around with small spaces! It is really embarrassing if you take out the table or row behind you! I hope our venue is spacious!

BethCooks4U said:
So I guess I'm wrong. Another thread says the 19th. I guess we'll get it when we do. lol

I had written down the 7th when it was in the CN or Newswire. I think the 19th is awfully late to be true.

My pre-order has been showing as picked since last night. Hopefully it will ship today.

Becca_in_MD said:
I had written down the 7th when it was in the CN or Newswire. I think the 19th is awfully late to be true.

My pre-order has been showing as picked since last night. Hopefully it will ship today.

Same with my preorder and if I remember right the preorders and change over and earned products all came at the same time last year but we all know things change...

Pre-orders:
Pre-order by Jan. 30 and your new spring catalogs, mini catalogs and recipe cards will ship to deliver by Feb. 7!
From December CN- pg 18.
NED/SED - by Feb 4th
Everyone else - paperwork - by Feb 7th
Spring 2012 New Product Free-for-All earned in December: Shipped to arrive by Feb 7th
Spring 2012 New Product Free-for-All earned in January - by Feb 14th

Bobbi to the rescue again!!!! I swear I read the 7th somewhere!

I'm glad it is the 7th!! I saw the 19th too and thought "bummer!". :)

esavvymom said:
I'm glad it is the 7th!! I saw the 19th too and thought "bummer!". :)

Me too! I thought I saw that! Whew! I'm not going crazy. Thanks Bobbi.

I got my Consultant's News today (I attended SL last week in San Antonio) and it has the April specials in the grid. No spoilers here as there are no new products included.Host Special:
When guest sales are $150-649.99, hosts select one bamboo item or set at 60% off.
When guest sales are $650 or more, hosts select two bamboo items or sets at 60% off.Guest Special:
With $60 purchase, guests choose one:
Bamboo Slotted Spoon Set
or Bamboo Spoon SetWith $100 purchase, guests choose one:
Bamboo Slotted Spoon Set
Bamboo Spoon Set
Bamboo Petite Snack Bowls (Set of 4)
Bamboo Small Snack Bowls (Set of 2)
Bamboo Cracker Tray

I got my Consultant News today too but Spring Launch isn't until tomorrow!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chellb1234
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom