• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

In summary, the conversation discusses the thread killers and how they often act. One person talks about how they are a thread killer on another forum and another person talks about how they are a thread killer on a Mac forum. Finally, someone talks about being a thread killer again.
Hi guys!Sorry I haven't been on much in the past 2 days. I got a HUGE curveball thrown to me at work on Monday and have been trying to sort things out. I was asked how I feel about being promoted and if I would also be willing to relocate for it. I did a lot of soul searching since then. Finally talked to my boss's boss as we both came to the conclusion that it may not be the best time now but he would let them know that I should still be considered for other things as they arise.

And besides, I couldn't let Rae think she actually killed this thing.

jasonmva said:
Sorry I haven't been on much in the past 2 days. I got a HUGE curveball thrown to me at work on Monday and have been trying to sort things out. I was asked how I feel about being promoted and if I would also be willing to relocate for it. I did a lot of soul searching since then. Finally talked to my boss's boss as we both came to the conclusion that it may not be the best time now but he would let them know that I should still be considered for other things as they arise.

I would say that is a huge curve ball thrown at you..... besides CS would never be the same without you...hehe.....I have to say that it took a great deal of courage for you to trun that down and do what is best for you at this time.

Last edited:
Are you seriously claiming you haven't?

jasonmva said:
Sorry I haven't been on much in the past 2 days. I got a HUGE curveball thrown to me at work on Monday and have been trying to sort things out. I was asked how I feel about being promoted and if I would also be willing to relocate for it. I did a lot of soul searching since then. Finally talked to my boss's boss as we both came to the conclusion that it may not be the best time now but he would let them know that I should still be considered for other things as they arise.

Jason, that took tremendous courage to turn it down. Good for you for deciding what was best and not looking at the dollar signs!!;)

raebates said:
Are you seriously claiming you haven't?

I never said I haven't lossed it...but my co-workers dont' knwo that yet...shhhuuusshhhh.... it's a screat.... :D

I won't tell a soul.

THey just call me crazy momma half the time.... my desk looks like a shirne to my daughter....:D

Nothing wrong with your desk being a shrine to your daughter! Mine used to look like a shrine to both of my kids...and now it looks like a shrine to the junk gods! (cuz now it's at home!!) LOL!!!

LOL!!! One of these days I will have to take a photo of my desk at work..... just for everyone to have a good laugh on me....:p

You know who we haven't seen in a while....
tongue-smiley-8849.gif

tongue-smiley-8849.gif
tongue-smiley-8849.gif

tongue-smiley-8849.gif
tongue-smiley-8849.gif
tongue-smiley-8849.gif

raebates said:
Gee, Paris, Peru; you'll have to visit Denver and Mexico while you're here.

I always laugh when people ask me where Denver, IN is. I tell them it's right near Mexico. I know it's no help at all, but I love the look on their faces.

Here in New York we have Mexico, Russia, Denmark, Antwerp, Philadelphia, Lisbon, Carthage, Amsterdam...and I am forgetting some others, I am sure!!!
Nothing as fun as Intercourse, PA!

jasonmva said:

Nothing like reality to quiet the sense of humor! So much to consider in that decision...hopefully, this will give you time to soul search further and work towards the next promotion.

baychef said:
Here in New York we have Mexico, Russia, Denmark, Antwerp, Philadelphia, Lisbon, Carthage, Amsterdam...and I am forgetting some others, I am sure!!!

We also have Santa Fe and Chili nearby. People laugh when they hear about all the little towns around here.

chefjeanine said:
Perhaps Climax, Michigan.

oh my!! :eek:
Of course in the PA dutch country they also have, Virginville (go figure), Blue Ball (not that I would know about that one either!), Bird in Hand (TMI), as well as Paradise. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm;) ;)

Good night Irene.

ONE more day!!!!

chefann said:
You know who we haven't seen in a while....

tongue-smiley-8849.gif

tongue-smiley-8849.gif
tongue-smiley-8849.gif

tongue-smiley-8849.gif
tongue-smiley-8849.gif
tongue-smiley-8849.gif

Did I miss something or is this a leading question???

tongue-smiley-8849.gif

tongue-smiley-8849.gif
tongue-smiley-8849.gif

tongue-smiley-8849.gif
tongue-smiley-8849.gif
tongue-smiley-8849.gif

They've been helping keep me sane these last days at my day job!

HOOray Beth it's your last day!!!!!!!!

Doin the happy dance yet?

Ok so I still cant figure out the smileys but I'm cheerin for ya!

:D :D

baychef said:
I love traveling, if for no other reason, than to get to some of these exotic places.

Like the entire Lancaster, PA area - Ronks, Paradise, Bird-In-Hand and, everyone's favorite, Intercourse.

That's the location of the country's most often stolen city limits sign.

On a recent trip, I drove all the way from Miami to Pittsburg. (Miami, Oklahoma to Pittsburg, Kansas, a distance of about 55 miles. You could look it up.)

In Indiana, I not only went to Paris and Mexico but I even got to Brazil.

In Ohio, I often go through Gomer and Bucyrus. If anyone can explain the etymology of Bucyrus, I'd love to read it. (Even the city fathers aren't sure.)

South Milwaukee, Wisconisn is the home of Bucyrus International, formerly known as Burcyrus-Erie and before that, Bucyrus Corporation. (They build huge mining shovels and cranes.) I always wondered if there was a connection - there is. Bucyrus Corporation was founded in Bucryus, Ohio in the 1880's but moved to South Milwaukee when they outgrew their facility and the Bucyrus city governement did nothing to help them expand - so they moved in the 1890's.

Some things never change.

There's a Fertile and Climax right next door to each other in MN...rumor has it that there was once a headline in a local paper, "Fertile woman dies in Climax"
I've been to Paris, IL; TN; TX!

I can't decide if the founding fathers of some of these towns had unrealistic expectations for their towns or if they just lacked imagination.

I think they either missed home a little bit or just wanted to pay homage to the area they left. There are so many "New" [FillInTheBlank] city names, like New London, New Berlin, New Amsterdam, New Caledonia and in Wisconsin, we have a New Fane. I'm not even sure where Old Fane is.Didja ever notice that there seems to be an abundance of ______villes, __________burgs or ______towns in the south?

That works if it's a name from the old country. Trust me. No one from Denver or Mexico founded the ones in Indiana. My DH and I love driving through little towns. We've decided that, as the town was being founded, someone said, "Hey, you know, 'Paris' is working pretty well for that there town over in France. Maybe it will work for us, too."

Seriously, that's basically how Denver got it's name. It was founded during the Denver gold rush. No one really knows how Mexico wound up with it's moniker.

There's a Churabusco in Indiana, too. "Turtle Town" got it's name because the American army had just won a major battle in the Mexican war in Churabusco, Mexico. I wonder if Mexico, Indiana has a similar etymology?

Not according to the local historians (read: old people). It was founded during a time when the US was really reaching out to the international community. A real push was on to get friendly with Mexico. I'm told this is probably a big part of why that name was chosen.

My DH's grandma and grandpa lived in Churabusco. That's not really of interest to anyone, but it came to mind and ran out my fingers.

How many other people do you know that can say they've been to Churabusco?Not to mention, Gomer.
Gomer.jpg

Well if we are going their here is one for you ..the town that I live is named Astoria.. named for John Jacob Astor who founded the town. Then we have Seaside... and I am assuming that it is becasue it's on the shore line, and Lewis and Clark thought it was a nice name for a town on the Ocean... But come on.... ECHO AL... does that mean the town Echo's??? LOL Or how about Elba? see.... were they bored?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I think they either missed home a little bit or just wanted to pay homage to the area they left. There are so many "New" [FillInTheBlank] city names, like New London, New Berlin, New Amsterdam, New Caledonia and in Wisconsin, we have a New Fane. I'm not even sure where Old Fane is.

Didja ever notice that there seems to be an abundance of ______villes, __________burgs or ______towns in the south?

This is in the north also. The larger cities are not but smaller towns are. In this county we are bordered by water so we have ____bay & _____ harbor

One thing I must say, I am glad that the names that a few parents are choosing for their children aren't being used!! Here are some REAL names that have been at our school:

Pronounced: La mon jall oh (Spelled): Lemonjello
Pronounced: Ab seed (Spelled): Abcde
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
When the last one came through my secretary told me to come over to her computer screen because she said I would not believe her if she told me!!

A friend of mine is a neo-natal doc and she reported the worst names she encountered were (Pronounced) Fa-Molly and Va-Jeena.Female and Vagina."Female's" parents said it was the name on the birth certificate and "Va-Jeena's" parents thought it was a pretty name.Obviously, there is no minimum IQ rule to get a licence to have kids.

My grandmother used to work in the county recorder's office, she once encountered this name on a birth certificate:
"Through Trials and Tribulation We Have Reached the Portal of Heaven"
They were calling him "Tru" for short.
Beat that! :p

I can't beat that, but I knew a guy in High School named Chase. I always liked the name. That is, until I saw his driver's license. His full name is:Chase N Ketchem.Some parents are just cruel.

Stealing the thread for a minute...

WOO HOO!! I had my last day on the day job today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I will be up at 4am to catch a flight to Chicago and then drive to Milwaukee for my grandmother's funeral.

It has been a VERY busy, busy week and the weekend will go fast too.

But I will be back on Monday to revive this thread.

Have a good weekend everyone!

BethCooks4U said:

WOO HOO!! I had my last day on the day job today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your last day! You must be relieved!

BethCooks4U said:

Uh...I don't think this thread will need reviving though...:p

raebates said:
I can't beat that, but I knew a guy in High School named Chase. I always liked the name. That is, until I saw his driver's license. His full name is:

Chase N Ketchem.

Some parents are just cruel.

I went to high school with a guy named Morningstar Sinclair......it's an indian name but..... why would you do that to your son???

BethCooks4U said:

And I will be up at 4am to catch a flight to Chicago and then drive to Milwaukee for my grandmother's funeral.

It has been a VERY busy, busy week and the weekend will go fast too.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Have a good weekend I am glad your last day is finaly here!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I went to high school with a guy named Morningstar Sinclair......it's an indian name but..... why would you do that to your son???
For the same reason people named Kane name their daughters "Candy," I suppose. At least the Sinclairs didn't name their kid "Upton" or "Dino."

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
For the same reason people named Kane name their daughters "Candy," I suppose.

And why actor Rob Morrow named his daughter Tu. Yep, she's Tu Morrow. Clever isn't something you should use when choosing a child's name.

I have a friend named Enders. He threatened to name his son Bart but his wife convinced him otherwise.A termite walked into a bar and asked, "Is the bar tender here?"

My mom knew a kid named Miles Furlong. He was the 8th child in the family. That's significant because a furlong is 1/8 of a mile.

Q: How long does it take to sail 220 yards at 1 nautical mile per hour?A: KnotfurlongMiles Furlong is actually clever because that's a name that would go right past everyone except fans of horse racing.Can you imagine if Yogi Berra had a brother named Paul?

Oh, that would be awful, KG!

BTW: You'll be pleased to know that this topic led to a long discussion at my day job.

Come to think of it, I knew a girl in grade school whose name was Kelly Green. She always said that her parents almost named her brother Forest.

When my sister was expecting her 3rd child, one of the names they considered for a girl was Elizabeth. But they decided not to use that, because of the terrible thing that happened when one of the common nicknames was used with their last name: Bethie Roth.

My oldest niece is Victoria Lawrence. We're not allowed to call her Vicky.

And to all of you who wanted to be the thread killer,

tongue-smiley-8849.gif

This thread has received more resuscitation than a typical season of ER.

A couple of posts of Epi and a little [charge to 300]CLEAR! [sfx]WHAM! [/sfx] [/charge to 300]and the thread's back in business again.

okay here's proof that I am a thread killer and this is just a partial list of threads that I've buried:

Best ways to get men to a show?
Office Depot Discount?
Just a tip to give your hosts
Ever done a show in a dirty house?
PC buttons

It's one thing to be a thread killer and another to just be the last poster in a thread that has run out of gas. I think the dirty house thread just ran out of gas, no?

<h2>1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?</h2><p>The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.</p><h2>2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?</h2><p>If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!</p><h2>3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?</h2><p>Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.</p><h2>4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?</h2><p>One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.</p><h2>5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.</p>

Related to Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?

The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.

2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?

If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!

3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?

Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.

4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?

One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.

5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?

There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
Ashery
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service