• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Iso - Cranberry Striped Apron From Leadership 2008

In summary, Beth was commenting that those that make the effort to attend leadership conferences should be rewarded. Linda had a different perspective, stating that she was unable to attend due to a family emergency.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I really want the new Cranberry Striped Apron that you earn for submitting a show before the 9th and attending Leadership. Due to family circumstances I've had to cancel going this year.....so, if you are going and you don't want that apron, get in touch with me! I want it!

I wish I could get one too. I am getting the tablecloth but I am too new to go to leadership for the apron:( It'd be nice if they would put them up for you to buy I would for sure pay for one!!

The aprons, tote bags and other goodies that are given at conferences are exclusive to that conference and they never sell them. It's a perk for spending the time and money to go. I know sometimes there's nothing we can do and we must miss a conference (and those with less then 2 recruits don't have the option of leadership) but it is important to reward those that do make the extra effort for their business.

BethCooks4U said:
The aprons, tote bags and other goodies that are given at conferences are exclusive to that conference and they never sell them. It's a perk for spending the time and money to go. I know sometimes there's nothing we can do and we must miss a conference (and those with less then 2 recruits don't have the option of leadership) but it is important to reward those that do make the extra effort for their business.
That was a little harsh don't you think? I don't know about others who aren't attending; I'm sure for some of them it's not that they aren't taking the 'extra effort', but there could be another reason preventing them. In my case, I was planning to go and very excited about it too. We had a family tragedy the other day and I had to cancel.

pamperedlinda said:
That was a little harsh don't you think? I don't know about others who aren't attending; I'm sure for some of them it's not that they aren't taking the 'extra effort', but there could be another reason preventing them. In my case, I was planning to go and very excited about it too. We had a family tragedy the other day and I had to cancel.
Come on! I don't see how you can call my comments harsh. I am just saying that those that make the effort to go should be rewarded.

By the way, I am unable to go too even though I really WANT to - life is in my way too this time. I would have liked the apron and other goodies that I won't be getting too but I am not earning them because I didn't spend the money nor the time away (and, no, I don't have the option any more than you do).

All I can say is: ouch.

Last edited:
Beth, I understand where you are coming from. I've been irritated MANY times when I've seen "director only" gifts being sold or a TPC ring on ebay! :eek:

Unfortunately, once those gifts are given, the consultant can do with them what they want. For a while there we received an apron every time we turned around. I have conference aprons that I have never worn. If someone attends Leadership and knows they won't wear the apron, why not give it to someone that really wants it? Linda's case is a bit different. She is a FD and was registered and ready to leave for conference when her MIL was hospitalized.

JMO :)

Okay, you guys! Off my back.

I did not say that Linda should not be able to buy the apron if someone wants to sell it to her. I agree that we can do what we want with our things. I am NOT irritated by this at all.

I was just saying WHY HO doesn't put those things up for sale.

mmmmm.... this is another one of those arguments that we will all never agree on. HAHA!!:D

Sometimes, as we all know, the "written" word comes across different than the "spoken" word.

Linda You got----mine-----xoxoox

BethCooks4U said:
but it is important to reward those that do make the extra effort for their business.

This comes up every time there is a conference. I would agree that there are many consultants that talk about wanting their business to grow and then aren't willing to take the time or invest the money. But there are also many consultants that are truly trying and due to financial obligations, work schedules, etc honestly and truly cannot attend certain conferences. Remarks like this tend to hit a tender spot with alot of people.

I would hope you didn't mean to sound harsh but I read it that way also.

Sorry!! I can't type fast enough for you guys!! I'm dropping the subject :)

I love you Linda :) You are close enough we should meet for lunch one day.

Beth, I appreciate your wisdom on many subjects.

Okay...back to cleaning house :)

pamperedlinda said:

Did they refund your fee for leadership? I know with our company if you sign up for conference & something comes up to where you can not attend they ship you what you would have rec'd, but we don't have to pay to attend either. (except for air ticket or gas for car)

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL.

The way I read Beth's post was in response to KaseyDee's post just before Beths. Kasey was musing about wishing PC would sell the items that are given as gifts at Leadership, and Beth was explaining why they aren't sold - it had nothing to do with Linda's wanting to purchase one that someone didn't want.

I think Linda's feelings are a bit raw right now - she has had a family tragedy, and the disappointment of not going to Leadership on top of that - it's bound to make you a bit more sensitive - but from the outside looking in, I really didn't see where Beth's post was meant as an attack of any kind - it was just an explanation!

:love: Love You Both!:love:

I am sending Linda mine-----all cool----

kaseydee said:
Did they refund your fee for leadership? I know with our company if you sign up for conference & something comes up to where you can not attend they ship you what you would have rec'd, but we don't have to pay to attend either. (except for air ticket or gas for car)

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL.
I don't know yet. After Dec 15th the only refunds are for 'extenuating circumstances'. I've contacted HO and am waiting to hear back from them. DH works for Delta so I didn't have airfare to worry about and my roomate is going to room with 2 other directors from our cluster so she is taken care of too.

I saw it as a response to KaseyDees wishes also.
Posts are hard to read sometimes when we can't hear the tone or see the person saying it.
I was going to say something about body language and then thought otherwise! :) I know how quickly these threads can be hijacked when certain words are mentioned. :)

Morfia - thanks!

Lisa - we will definately get together on one of my trips through Macon. I come through there 2 or 3 times a month

Becky - yes you are right, I am a little sensative right now

Beth

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get anything started. I understand what you were saying & I didn't take offense to it. Again, I'm sorry.

ChefBeckyD said:
The way I read Beth's post was in response to KaseyDee's post just before Beths. Kasey was musing about wishing PC would sell the items that are given as gifts at Leadership, and Beth was explaining why they aren't sold - it had nothing to do with Linda's wanting to purchase one that someone didn't want.

I think Linda's feelings are a bit raw right now - she has had a family tragedy, and the disappointment of not going to Leadership on top of that - it's bound to make you a bit more sensitive - but from the outside looking in, I really didn't see where Beth's post was meant as an attack of any kind - it was just an explanation!

:love: Love You Both!:love:
Exactly. Thanks.

Group hug!
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/slider_grouphugg.gif

Related to Iso - Cranberry Striped Apron From Leadership 2008

1. What is the material of the Iso-Cranberry Striped Apron from Leadership 2008?

The Iso-Cranberry Striped Apron from Leadership 2008 is made of a durable cotton and polyester blend.

2. Is the apron machine-washable?

Yes, the Iso-Cranberry Striped Apron from Leadership 2008 is machine-washable for easy cleaning.

3. What size is the apron?

The Iso-Cranberry Striped Apron from Leadership 2008 is one size fits all, with adjustable neck and waist straps for a comfortable fit.

4. Does the apron have any pockets?

Yes, the Iso-Cranberry Striped Apron from Leadership 2008 features two large front pockets for convenient storage of kitchen tools and gadgets.

5. Can I personalize the apron with my name?

Unfortunately, the Iso-Cranberry Striped Apron from Leadership 2008 is not customizable with names or monograms.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• prepchef
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Chef Endora
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
K_Jurich
  • PamperChefCarol