• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Self-Promotion Allowed on This Board?

In summary, the conversation is about whether or not Nikki, a consultant for another company, is allowed to be on the Chef Success board. Becky and most of the other members feel that she is not allowed to promote her company here, and that she should PM them if she has any questions or concerns.
nikked
Gold Member
Note that this message has been completely edited. Nothing remains of the original post or signature change.

Never mind!

Laura has something in her signature line about enjoying her comfy success. She was told to not leave the board, that her input was welcome.

I don't think my signature was any different than hers as far as "self-promoting" goes. However, I guess things are different for me. If I am no longer welcome, that is fine. I have enjoyed this board and the on-line friendships I had developed. I was just trying to share my excitement.

For those of you have who have prayed and continued to pray for my husband and my family, I thank you from the very bottom of my heart. Your love and concern during the crazy birth of our son and the craziness of the following months has been so appreciated. The personal notes of congratulations to my husband when he promoted blessed him immensely. Thank you for all of that.

Nicole

Last edited:
like great to me - bed mate! Ha!

DId you sign with Laura?

Just an FYI- we don't need anyone to end up on HO's radar, trying to recruit PC consultants to other things. I wouldn't want anyone else to be put into that situation. So please be very conscious that HO does monitor this site occasionally.

I appreciate your concerns, but due to physical issues, I'm not really doing PC anymore. If a catalog show comes my way, I'll take it, but actual cooking shows are just too hard on me with my husband gone. It takes me two to three days to recouperate, no matter how simple I try to make things. When DH was here, it didin't matter, but without him to pick up the slack, it's not fair to the kiddos.

I figured if she could have something in her signature line, I could too. If TPC HO wants to say something they can, but I am in no way breaking my contract. I haven't been a director for months, and this product does not compete with TPC's.

I was just excited that I made the jump, and wanted to share!

i'm confused about your siggy...do tell!

How about if she just PM's you, and doesn't start another thread on the wonders of another DS Company on this site?

Not trying to be mean - but this is a "community for Pampered Chef Consultants", and if your interests are taking you elsewhere, then please, I wish you the best in your business - but this isn't the place to advertise.

ChefBeckyD said:
How about if she just PM's you, and doesn't start another thread on the wonders of another DS Company on this site?

Not trying to be mean - but this is a "community for Pampered Chef Consultants", and if your interests are taking you elsewhere, then please, I wish you the best in your business - but this isn't the place to advertise.
Thanks Becky. It is also breaking the no self-promotion policy here at Chef Success. Nikki I do wish you the best in whatever you do but I have to agree with Becky's comments.

ChefBeckyD said:

I agree with Becky, too.

I don't think anyone is "bashing" you Nikki. I think maybe the opinion by most is to let sleeping dogs lie so to speak. If you have friends on the board, then my suggestion would be to PM them. I have always found your info to be very helpful so don't disappear.

Comments made were not "bashing" anyone. We were just stating the fact that this is a "Community for PAMPERED CHEF consultants" and that we don't need to be advertised to about other companies (sharing the differences between companies in a "FYI here's why PC is great thread" is way different). We are not ganging up on Nikki or anyone else. She has every right to be here and continue sharing (and to be excited about her new venture). The whole subject is a can of worms and should be left unopened IMHO.:yuck:

There are a lot of consultants on here that are consultants for more than PC and that is just fine! They are welcome to be here and to post here. I have consultants on my team that sell for other companies too but we don't talk about their other businesses at our meetings and they don't use our cluster email to sell their products. I don't care if they mention their other business in passing but they don't carry books and advertise at PC events and meetings (and I have never even needed to mention it by the way). I would expect that we wouldn't have that here either.

Please Nikki don't feel that we have any bad feelings about you at all!!!:love:

Beth don't get me wrong. I totally agree with you. I just wanted to put out the proverbial welcome mat and a peace flag :D

krzymomof4 said:
Beth don't get me wrong. I totally agree with you. I just wanted to put out the proverbial welcome mat and a peace flag :D
Oh, I know! I was just expanding on that!:balloon: :cool:

I am posting this a second time, because I don't know if when a post is changed if a notification is sent out. I changed my original message.
Never mind!

Laura has something in her signature line about enjoying her comfy success. She was told to not leave the board, that her input was welcome.

I don't think my signature was any different than hers as far as "self-promoting" goes. However, I guess things are different for me. If I am no longer welcome, that is fine. I have enjoyed this board and the on-line friendships I had developed. I was just trying to share my excitement.

For those of you have who have prayed and continued to pray for my husband and my family, I thank you from the very bottom of my heart. Your love and concern during the crazy birth of our son and the craziness of the following months has been so appreciated. The personal notes of congratulations to my husband when he promoted blessed him immensely. Thank you for all of that.

Nicole

Don't leave. You are still welcomed here just as Laura is. I think it was that there was a big stink when it first started and no one wants to open that can of worms again.

krzymomof4 said:
Don't leave. You are still welcomed here just as Laura is. I think it was that there was a big stink when it first started and no one wants to open that can of worms again.
Exactly. We don't want you to leave and none of this was about YOU. Laura shouldn't really have that in her signature either and others that have links to other enterprises they are involved in shouldn't either - we are not supposed to be self-promoting.

No one is trying to make anyone leave the board at all. I think we were just afraid that it was starting all over again. I am the first one to be "sensitive" so I understand how you feel and I am sorry for my part in your distress.

{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

1. What is "Call Me Crazy..."?

"Call Me Crazy..." is a cookbook written by Doris Christopher, the founder of Pampered Chef. It features over 250 recipes that are easy to make and perfect for busy families.

2. What types of recipes are included in "Call Me Crazy..."?

This cookbook includes a variety of recipes such as appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, desserts, and even recipes for special occasions and holidays.

3. Are the recipes in "Call Me Crazy..." healthy?

Yes, the recipes in this cookbook are designed to be healthy and use fresh, whole ingredients. There are also options for gluten-free, vegetarian, and dairy-free diets.

4. Can I purchase "Call Me Crazy..." through Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can purchase "Call Me Crazy..." through Pampered Chef either through a consultant or on our website. It is also available at select bookstores.

5. Are there any cooking tips included in "Call Me Crazy..."?

Yes, "Call Me Crazy..." includes helpful cooking tips and techniques throughout the book to help you become a more confident and efficient cook.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • DessertDivaFL