• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Because of the Friendships That I Have Developed on This Board, I

Holy frejoles! This is like 90210, Melrose Place, Desperate Housewives, Greys Anatomy and every daytime soap opera you can think of rolled into one big MELODRAMA!!! I'm sorry you had to find this stuff out :( - (((HUGS)))!

Teresa Lynn said:
Was Tom really asked to leave conference?
I'm sorry for you and this whole situation.

Nope, not at all. He came in early for wave 2, and stayed through Friday morning (I think... maybe afternoon?). He attended the CEO Reception. On the first day he was there, a very high level director asked him for more info on PQ. He would not give her a packet or any info because he was at a PC function. He told her to email him, and she did.

I can't believe that HO never contacted you for your side. It seems to me that they would have at least wanted to hear something from you. Your SD/AD must have told them a whopper! Especially if they terminated Tom, he's been with the company for a long time and has an excellent track record. Your SD/AD must have some kind of clout to have HO bow to her wishes. I'd be very upset too. What is so ludicrous is that you haven't even signed an agreement with this other company.

Good for him! I'm glad both you and Tom are sticking to your convictions despite all the rumors and bad press as well as they way HO is handling it.

Pampered Laura said:
Out of curiosity... did anyone happen to PM that Luv'NPC person? Now I'm curious. I have a feeling I know who it is, but if I'm right (I really hope I'm not, how sad) it's really disturbing.

I found out today that this whole thing about me and Tom and a couple other director friends being terminated, is because my ED and my director requested it. Apparently my director got bumped down from Senior to Advanced for the second time in her career (she lost 3 of her 5 directors this week, all for various reasons), and because she was a speaker at wave 1 for how wonderful she "develops directors"... she's embarassed or something. So they took it out on me.
A friend director who resigned - who had never spoken to Tom or me about joining this business - also got terminated.
They also requested that Tom be terminated, and the Home office listened to these filth-talkers rather than calling me to find out the truth. That explains why Tom's termination paper had MY upline director and MY Director's name CC'd on it. Tom is not in my upline or downline... has nothing to do with my lineage at all. I asked to be reinstated. I was told absolutely not. Nice.

So... it all comes full circle. From what I hear it has nothing to do with the other company - or how I resigned. It is apparently because HO listened to the gossip and acted on it because my ED has clout and wanted to shoo me away. Lovely.

Oh and apparently I am the talk of the town around my cluster. I also got a phone call from someone who let me know that my name's been buzzing around at wave 2 and 3. Oh and apparently Tom got "fired and was asked to leave national conference". Don't people realize the more they gossip, the more people come ask us questions and ask what the hell is wrong with HO to listen to rumors like that? :rolleyes:

Sorry, thanks for listening to my daily soap opera.
I truly love this company, and I dont think that if Doris were actually in charge up there that this would have gone so far... maybe I'm misjudging character but I can't see how Doris could look me in the eye and tell me I'm being dishonest. But man I'm just sick right now.

Is this Beverly Hills 90210 or what? LOL :p
Curios how you found out your Ed said anything or that is the reason for Tom and your termination to know that this is not one sided as well. I would think PC had their own insight not just someone else's opinion. JMO

So, did Tom win Circle of Honor again? If so, is he going to be in the catalog?

My ED has major clout, apparently. I had no idea. She has always been such an awesome person to me to my face... just didnt have a clue. Isnt that always the way though? LOL

trps said:
Curios how you found out your Ed said anything or that is the reason for Tom and your termination to know that this is not one sided as well. I would think PC had their own insight not just someone else's opinion. JMO

If it had nothing to do with my ED, it wouldn't make sense that she was CC'd on Tom's termination papers.
Edited to add: Yes I agree with you that it COULD be one-side. I am not blind to the fact that until I hear it straight from her mouth that she did NOT pull strings, and from HO about the reason they chose to terminate my consultant status, I can only put pieces together. So far, they all fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
HO relies on the leaders out in the field. The higher up you get, the more opportunities you have to rub elbows with the VIPs at HO and the more stock they put into what you say. That being said, I do believe they should have asked Laura about her side of the story. AND Tom should have also had some pull - especially with most of the company knowing who he is, with selling $1Million on 10 years, etc.

I realize that I am new here, so I hope you will take my post in the spirit it is intended.
Enough is enough! Laura made a personal decision - one that she believes is the right thing to do. I admire her for that. But, as far as the termination - it is PC's sandbox. They can make the rules, change the rules, whatever. If we don't like decisions that HO is making, or the direction that PC is headed, we all have the right to leave at any point.
My personal thoughts are that this whole situation is probably not as deceitful or tawdry as it may seem. As has been stated, there is a lot of gossip, inuendo and outright lies going around. That said....whether it is right or wrong, HO made a decision. That decision and discussion should be between Laura and HO, IMHO.
Again, Laura, I admire your 'guts' (for lack of a better word) to step out!

Lamar

ljeffries said:
I realize that I am new here, so I hope you will take my post in the spirit it is intended.
Enough is enough! Laura made a personal decision - one that she believes is the right thing to do. I admire her for that. But, as far as the termination - it is PC's sandbox. They can make the rules, change the rules, whatever. If we don't like decisions that HO is making, or the direction that PC is headed, we all have the right to leave at any point.
My personal thoughts are that this whole situation is probably not as deceitful or tawdry as it may seem. As has been stated, there is a lot of gossip, inuendo and outright lies going around. That said....whether it is right or wrong, HO made a decision. That decision and discussion should be between Laura and HO, IMHO.
Again, Laura, I admire your 'guts' (for lack of a better word) to step out!

Lamar

I understand were your coming from.......we here are just trying to support someone from our on-line "family".

Hi Lamar, welcome to CS! :)
I agree with you in a sense that it's kind of a dead horse -- for now. There are things some of us who've been terminated are doing to try to make PC home office "see the light".
Believe me, I didnt want to see this as decietful or tawdry either. I loooove PC. Thats why it hurts so freaking much. If I didnt love this company, I'd say "eh, screw it" and you'd never hear from me again.
Plus, on CS it's almost like a family. And when you're hurt, who do you go to?

for the record, yes of course I went to my *real* family first, that was simply an illustration. Please no rumors about how I don't love my family, etc. lol

Pampered Laura said:
for the record, yes of course I went to my *real* family first, that was simply an illustration. Please no rumors about how I don't love my family, etc. lol

Laura I can't believe you don't love your family:( Geez now when did this start.;)

Pampered Laura said:

HHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Now you're watching everything you say!

Pampered Laura said:
So that's the reason they 'terminated' you, cuz you didn't love your family, huh, didn't you know that's what PC was all about, family, lol. ;)

chefann said:
Everybody sing it together now....

It's fun to sell it the TPC way!

(to the tune of "YMCA") Yes, they had multiple verses... and dancers... and pulled people up on the stage from the audience....
thymca.gif

Laura,

I am so sorry to hear what happened. I would also be crushed if I were terminated. I love PC!!

I have been trying to read this and get caught up, and just couldn't belive what Luv'nPC said. She or he is the one that named the Company you are going to in their thread, not you!! I was dying of curiosity to know where you were going. Then, bam, it was right there in Luv'NPC's thread while they were bashing you for trying to recruit. Whatever!

What's done is done and maybe this was all God's plan for you. I will be praying for you during this time of transition in your life. I will pray that God comforts you and helps you find the peace that you need to put PC and the nasty rumors behind you so you can move on and be successful in your new business.

Good Luck!!

Jennifer

Unfortunately, I had something similar happend to me when I was part of another company about 5 years ago. My husband and I were having great success doing $15,000 to $22,000 fundraisers. Because of "one" persons malice, I received a call from one of the companies head honchos. Apparently someone had called HO and said that I was raising defamatory statements against the company and because of it I would not be able to renew my annual consultant agreement ($25). I had about 4 months to go before my anniversary at the time, but because I felt so humiliated and sent them an email and resigned.

I guess the companies have this right to just let you go without having to hear both sides of the story. I think it's cruel, unfair, emotionally distressing...but it happens to ANYONE. It doesn't matter how productive you are.

micocina said:
Unfortunately, I had something similar happend to me when I was part of another company about 5 years ago. My husband and I were having great success doing $15,000 to $22,000 fundraisers. Because of "one" persons malice, I received a call from one of the companies head honchos. Apparently someone had called HO and said that I was raising defamatory statements against the company and because of it I would not be able to renew my annual consultant agreement ($25). I had about 4 months to go before my anniversary at the time, but because I felt so humiliated and sent them an email and resigned.

I guess the companies have this right to just let you go without having to hear both sides of the story. I think it's cruel, unfair, emotionally distressing...but it happens to ANYONE. It doesn't matter how productive you are.

Wow, how terrible it must have been for you and your hubby. What a loss for them, it you were doing $15,000-$22,000 fundraisers!!

I know that replies to a post can go on and on and on, but I would say that that's why we love this site so much. We are a family and we are here to support each other. We all have different points of view, but it's nice to express them. If someone no longer wants to hear/read about a certain post.. I would say just don't reply to it anymore and/or remove yourself from wanting to be alerted on additional replies to that particular post.

Laura, we're with you 100%!

Yes, it was terrible. I cried for days. I just couldn't believe that someone would have such a terrible heart and that this company would do this without even asking anything.

Laura,
I don't know your except as a CS family member. I just came upon this thread tonight. {{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}. I can't imagine your frustration. Even though it states in our agreement that you can be terminated at anytime, it doesn't mention that you won't get an explaination. It is all so sad.

Luvnpc...I am blonde and as I THINK you know, hair color has nothing to do with your level of intelligence. We are not blind either. Thank you for insulting so many people. Your posts, however, have revealed much about you. Whether you are right or wrong...makes no difference. Your cruel words, insults and revealing that you changed your id to protect your thoughtless posts speak volumes about you. I hope in the future, you (and whatever other identities you change to) have enough intelligence to PM someone privately or better yet, keep your insults to yourself.

I recently changed my user name from MY3JJJS to MICOCINA. I just thought it sounded more "professional". I'm sure Greg can find out who this luvnpc is. We really don't need bashers on this forum.

I thought when the whole Darby thing was going on, Greg posted and said no one would be able to change names or have two identities. Did I just dream that , or does anyone else remember that?

where have you been Monkey girl? haven't seen your name or pic in awhile! Hope all is well with you!

Oh, Laura ... this just keep getting more strange by the moment.

To answer you question, no I didn't PM that person. I thought about it, but by the time I found the posts they had revealed that they were hidding their identity, so didn't figure it would matter. I wish I would have now, if it would have helped you :(

I don't know who you ED is ... I would like to have thought they were above getting mixed up in this sort of taudry stuff by the time they'd reached that level. Guess I was wrong :( Is there any chance that they weren't involved, but were simply cc'd since some of their downline were involved?

ETA: This is one of the downsides of working with a bunch of women, honestly.

MomToEli said:
ETA: This is one of the downsides of working with a bunch of women, honestly.

everytime I check in on this thread I think the same thing or this is why I am friends with men! lol:)

I second that one!

Hi Laura, I just got to thinking, wouldn't it make the most sense for you to give both your Director and ED a personal phone call? It may not change things but at least you could clear the air and get things out in the open without all your frustrations of having to assume everything. I've had SO many personal experiences where I re-hash things over and over again in my mind and then when I finally get the courage up to comfront my issues head on, it is usually more helpful than what I had been putting myself through. I know that in the end, it always make me feel better to comfront what makes me uncomfortable... does that make sense? LoL

heat123 said:
where have you been Monkey girl? haven't seen your name or pic in awhile! Hope all is well with you!

I did something stupid and went out and got a job. Big mistake!!! I hadn't had a "real job" in over three years. It's horrible and I hate it. I'm going to buckle down again with PC so I can tell the other place to kiss it :p

jenniferlynne said:
I did something stupid and went out and got a job. Big mistake!!! I hadn't had a "real job" in over three years. It's horrible and I hate it. I'm going to buckle down again with PC so I can tell the other place to kiss it :p

Oh this calls for another smiley!!! This is for you Jenniferhttp://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/mad0240.gif Feel free to use it in your 2 weeks notice email. LMAO

What!! the end. I can't believe it. I am surprised HO didn't speak to Tom, Laura and the others who were terminated before making their decision. I think yall have chased Luv n pc away.

Oh Julie are you on here causing trouble again tonight!

You all are killing me with the smileys! Where do you get them? I feel left out.

Remember, I am an animal!!! The smilies-- Ask Ann she knows all.

jenniferlynne said:
You all are killing me with the smileys! Where do you get them? I feel left out.

They are so silly, I can't believe how much they make people laugh!!Click on the smiley and it will take you to the page were I get mine.

WOW and I thought the letter that I got from HO was bad..... well it was bad for me..... but anyways... Laura sweetie... that is just horrible that they did that to you IE your ED/AD or whomever they claim they are..... and they should be ashamed of themselves!!!! I hope things get better soon for you...keep your chin up!!

No chance that calling your sd/ad would clear things up some?

O kay I need to join the smiley club!!!! where do I sign up???

I found it!!! hehe!!

uh-oh...Leah's getting hold of smilies!!

Man, I noticed this thread had gotten up to 15 pages so I thought something interesting was going on! Man was I right.

Laura, I'm so sorry this happened to you. Keep doing what you're doing. I feel very bad for you. How sad to be so close to this trip and lose it. It's just not fair. You should be given some logical explanation.

<h2>1. Why did you resign from your directorship with Pampered Chef?</h2><p>I resigned from my directorship with Pampered Chef in order to sell for another Direct Sales company where the commission rates, overrides & show averages are much higher at the consultant & leadership levels. This is a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership.</p><h2>2. Are you quitting Pampered Chef altogether?</h2><p>No, I am not quitting Pampered Chef. This is simply a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership. My passion is to be a trailblazer and do things that no one else has done before, and I believe this new company can help me provide that for my future team.</p><h2>3. How did you come to this decision?</h2><p>I have weighed my options and compared the financial benefits for consultants between the two companies, and the numbers were staggering. I also had to consider that the rules state I cannot be a Director with Pampered Chef and sell for another company at the same time, so I had to resign in order to make this transition and move up in the new company's leadership structure.</p><h2>4. When will your resignation be effective?</h2><p>My resignation was emailed last evening and will be effective on August 1st.</p><h2>5. Can you provide more information about your new company and plans?</h2><p>I am sorry, but my hands are tied in how much information I can give as I am trying to be respectful of The Pampered Chef, the home office staff, and ethical principles. However, please know that my decision was not made lightly and I believe it is a wonderful and exciting opportunity for myself and the team I am planning to build.</p>

1. Why did you resign from your directorship with Pampered Chef?

I resigned from my directorship with Pampered Chef in order to sell for another Direct Sales company where the commission rates, overrides & show averages are much higher at the consultant & leadership levels. This is a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership.

2. Are you quitting Pampered Chef altogether?

No, I am not quitting Pampered Chef. This is simply a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership. My passion is to be a trailblazer and do things that no one else has done before, and I believe this new company can help me provide that for my future team.

3. How did you come to this decision?

I have weighed my options and compared the financial benefits for consultants between the two companies, and the numbers were staggering. I also had to consider that the rules state I cannot be a Director with Pampered Chef and sell for another company at the same time, so I had to resign in order to make this transition and move up in the new company's leadership structure.

4. When will your resignation be effective?

My resignation was emailed last evening and will be effective on August 1st.

5. Can you provide more information about your new company and plans?

I am sorry, but my hands are tied in how much information I can give as I am trying to be respectful of The Pampered Chef, the home office staff, and ethical principles. However, please know that my decision was not made lightly and I believe it is a wonderful and exciting opportunity for myself and the team I am planning to build.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies