• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Because of the Friendships That I Have Developed on This Board, I

P
Pampered Laura
Because of the friendships that I have developed on this board, I wanted to be the first to tell you my news so that you didn't hear it through someone else.

I have resigned my directorship with The Pampered Chef in order to be able to sell for another Direct Sales company where the commission rates, overrides & show averages are much higher at the consultant & leadership levels. I am not quitting Pampered Chef - this is simply a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership.

I am just thinking "big" here. This is not only about myself, but the potential for my teams future. See, my passion is to be a trailblazer and do things that no one else has done before. I strive to reach goals and help others reach their "big" potential - professionally, personally, and financially. I believe that this company (and my new new upline) can help me provide that for my future team.

But still, this decision was not made lightly. I have weighed my options and compared the two company's financial benefits to its consultants and the numbers are staggering. But, because the rules state that I can not be a Director with Pampered Chef and sell for another company at the same time, I had no choice but to resign my position as a Director to make this transition and move up in the new company’s leadership structure.

My resignation was emailed last evening, and will be effective on August 1st.

I know this is all vague and a shock & suprise for yall...and I'm so sorry for that. Please understand that my hands are tied in how much information I can give - because I'm trying so hard to be respectful of The Pampered Chef, the home office staff, and the ethics that I believe in with all of my heart.

(and on a personal note, please don't hate me :( ... this decision has weighed on my mind heavily and my heart is true when I tell you that I truly know that this decision is a wonderfully exciting one for me and the team that I am planning to build.)

Respectfully,
Laura Wells :)

Wow. I don't know what to say! I'm sure this has been a big decision for you and I wish you the best!

Wow, Laura! I admire your courage in making a change.

Now you're not going to leave us, are you?!?!!?

Heck no. :) I'm gonna be here till they kick me out ;)

Wow Laura, I am curious what company you are moving too.You are awesome, and I admire your words of wisdom. (Sorry for playing the curious George card, I can't help it)

Wow...I can't believe it! I saw you walk at Conference! But I'm sure you know what's best for you better than anyone else. Good luck with both of your businesses!

Can you not say what company out of obligation or respect?

Out of respect and the ethics to uphold from the Direct Sales association. In a PM or email as long as someone asks me first - I can tell. But I can't come out and say who/what. Especially out of respect for Deb & Greg and the "no self promotion" rule, too.
Trying to be as respectful and ethical as I can, all the way around. Hope yall understand.
If you want to email me, you can: [email protected]

:)

You do what you gotta do to take care of your family- I'll kick your butt of you leave us though...

Oh no! I'm glad you're still doing PC because you're doing so well with it! Can you still be on the committee?

WOW Laura!! I am glad that your sticking to PC..... That is a big change but you have to do what you have to do.........Are you still on the committee???

Im answering PMs and emails the best I can :)

I too don't know what to say except you need to do what is right for you and your family as well as your business!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep us posted! Best of luck to you in your new endeavor!

LOL I just found out that alot of this company's sales training comes directly from this lady named Belinda... her son is actually a consultant with this company, too. I thought that was funny since I love Belinda more than a bucket full of cupcakes! ;)

(can't namedrop a last name, sorry! :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a small, small world.(Now I've got that #&*#^%$! song stuck in my head again.)Now, who's gonna kick butt for me at NC next year?

You do what you need to do!! I am certainly not mad at you because you resigned from directorship, I don't think that would be fair for anyone to be mad at you because you did. You will still be here! I wish you the best of luck with your new business!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It's a small, small world.

(Now I've got that #&*#^%$! song stuck in my head again.)

Now, who's gonna kick butt for me at NC next year?
KG- do we have to find some other hot chick to wear black boots on stage for you?

Laura- Even though you're not gone completely, PC has just experienced a great loss. But you need to do what's right in your heart for you and your family. I wish you the best in your new endeavor. {{{hugs}}}
You just gotta promise to come to conference next year to lead the conga line!

chefann said:
KG- do we have to find some other hot chick to wear black boots on stage for you?

Laura- Even though you're not gone completely, PC has just experienced a great loss. But you need to do what's right in your heart for you and your family. I wish you the best in your new endeavor. {{{hugs}}}
You just gotta promise to come to conference next year to lead the conga line!

Not to volunteer or anything......but I DO have a really nice pair of black boots!;)
(and they're not snow boots!)

Wow, Laura!! I have to say, I'm quite surprised!! BUt you're obviously doing what you need to do and what you want to do, so I wish you the best!!! I'm just curious, what happens to your consultants? Do they automatically go right to your director?

It's nice of you to let everyone know. I hope the start up of your new business goes just as well as your PC business!:)

Good luck, I resigned my directorship for the same reason once....luckily for me I had so many people call to book shows that month I knew I could never have the success with anything but PC so I decided just to stay with PC and was allowed to take back my resignation as it hadn't went into effect. That was 4 years ago. I wish you luck and know exactly what you are feeling.

Laura,

Best of luck to you on your new endeavor. With all the success you've had with PC, I'm sure yor hard work and energy will take you far! I'm glad you'll still be on the boards - I always love your posts.

Congratulations!

Pampered Laura said:
I love Belinda more than a bucket full of cupcakes! ;)

That is the best quote I've heard in a long time! ;)

So Tom gotcha, huh?

DebbieJ said:
So Tom gotcha, huh?

Ha! That's what I was thinking, too!!

Good Luck Laura! Wishing you the best in your new endeavor!! :)

jwpamp said:
Ha! That's what I was thinking, too!!

Good Luck Laura! Wishing you the best in your new endeavor!! :)
Me too.....that was my first thought.:p

trps said:
Tom who? not from PC???

Yep - Tom Marston......who has also stepped down as a director to go with this other company.

You have got to be kidding how can he want to start all over again.. OK someone e-mail me this company No way am I going there but very curious
[email protected]

Laura...I'm a little shocked, but can totally understand why! Good luck to you in both of your businesses!! I wish you nothing but the best!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Yep - Tom Marston......who has also stepped down as a director to go with this other company.

When did he step down?? I've heard a lot about him and didn't realize he had gone with another company. Is he still with PC as a consultant?

Just wanted to say that you guys are awesome, in your support for me. I'll be at PC National Conference next year for sure, and always around here... so you won't be getting rid of me that easy. Happily answering PM's and emails - I hope yall understand that due to the legal dept of Pampered Chef I'm not allowed to volunteer info unless you ask for it first. ;)

We're supportive of you because we all "wuv you"! You gotta do what's right for you...and that's all that matters! (although support from your friends sure does help!!)

Thanks for the PM...interesting.

Good luck! I wish you the best.

I just found a link to the other company in another post. Wow. Firstly, can you imagine the paycheck increase that Tom Marston's Director has now that all his recruits are hers! Secondly, the new company looks pretty cool. I guess it must really be good if people are resigning from Directorship for it.

"If" Laura has gone the same route as Tom the company does have nice stuff. We have a cons. here in town and I have an old catalog. Personally I would love some of the stuff it is beautiful but could never afford it and neither can most of my friends. Guess thats the best reason to book shows!!!

I wondered how expensive things are I could never justify to customers spending too much for towels and bedding. I live in an area where Wal-Mart is the greatest store (we have better but not cheaper) and I also am trying to think why are these people staying with PC and needing to sell 2 lines?

Laura - I completely understand, you have to do what it right for you!

As for Tom - *thud*! I met him at last years conference - he is buddys with a Director in my cluster who is moving up the ladder fast and they co-taught a class last year.

Best of luck Laura - and I'm glad you are still here!

I am fine spending money on something that my entire family spends over 8 hours a day using, and that is also used to set a "tone" for my home (relaxation). I also love spending money on awesome kitchen stuff too, because my husband and I like to cook together. But... we like to sleep together too. LOL ;) :eek:

I could go on and on, but I do think that direct sales companies of all types have a place in the industry, and that there is no need to put down one to build up another.
Just like there is a market for high quality kitchen tools, there is definately a market for linens and bath accessories... and no other company out there is teaching its consultants to be knowledgable and helpful to it's consumers about choosing bed, bath and spa accessories. Thats why I love Direct Sales. You get the most awesome customer service that is personalized just for you.

Its a business, and an entrepeneurship. It's a market thats untapped, that some people are giving a try. Imagine the first few consultants to sign up with PC when it was being run from a tiny office and catalogs were "price sheets" with handwritten notes. Hindsight is always 20/20...but its a chance I bet they were glad they took. ;)

For the company you're referring to, they probably hear the same thing I'm sure PC consultants hear "Oh it's too expensive". Just like PC is comparable to Williams-Sonoma, this particular company you're referring to is comparable to Linens and Things. This particular company puts stuff on SALE every few months, I'm sure the customers love getting a huge list of 50% off prices, etc. just like they were shopping at Macy's sale days. ;)
There are things in the catalog from $5-$300, just like PC. :)

As far as PC Directorship... PC is the only company in the DSA that has the rule that you can't be a Director and sell for another company. So those in other DS Companies can be the "top position" in that company and still be a consultant for PC.

I'd think that those who choose to sell for two lines, probably just like the two companies and have a passion for both - and probably see a huge future with their uplines and company foundation. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You just have to do what is right for you and your family.
Good luck!

Laura, I'm sure you will do well no matter which company your choose! Best of luck to you. If you get a chance PM or email me with your new company info. I remember seeing it before when it was posted @ Tom, but can't find it now....I remember liking the products and I just might want to host or buy someting from you in the future.

On another note, I saw you (and your really hot boots) strut the stage at Conference....congratulations with your acheivements! Too bad we didn't meet, oh well - next time.

Wishing you all the best, Laura. I'm glad to hear you will still be around to inspire us and keep a smile on our faces. :)

I know you're going to kick butt wherever you go :) It's the boots, baby! :)

*snort* it's the boots! Haha ;)

I'll be at PC National Conference next year, too. :)

Wow, Laura I'm so sad for your downline that you are leaving! You seem like an awesome leader! But Good luck with your new venture, I know you will do very well! It was so nice to meet you at confrence! :)

Congratulations to you. And, wow-- I just see the name "Belinda" and I start to swoon!

Oh I hope you did not think I was putting it down! No No I did not mean for it to come across that way. They have beautiful things! I know it is a wonderful opportunity! You are right it is just like when people say PC is too expensive. It's a great booking... recruiting lead in. I know nothing of their host plan or what type of specials they offer. I have only seen a catalog and it was 2 years ago. You will succeed in whatever you are pasionate about and I wish everyone in whatever DS co. they are involved in all the best.

Pampered Laura said:
...As far as PC Directorship... PC is the only company in the DSA that has the rule that you can't be a Director and sell for another company. So those in other DS Companies can be the "top position" in that company and still be a consultant for PC....

I've often wondered about this restriction, and didn't agree with it as a Director. Now that I know that TPC is the only company to have this requirement, I'm even more disappointed with it.

Thanks for the information!!!

Don't tell me that I've "killed" another thread, please!!!

LOL

Not at all, Paulette! No worries here at all. I was afraid of the same things with Pampered Chef, and numerous recruits have told me the same "too expensive" thing. I just wanted to point out that I don't think any company is immune to that thought process by at least a few of our customers. :)

Congratulations on making a decision you are happy with and good luck with both endeavors!!!!

<h2>1. Why did you resign from your directorship with Pampered Chef?</h2><p>I resigned from my directorship with Pampered Chef in order to sell for another Direct Sales company where the commission rates, overrides & show averages are much higher at the consultant & leadership levels. This is a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership.</p><h2>2. Are you quitting Pampered Chef altogether?</h2><p>No, I am not quitting Pampered Chef. This is simply a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership. My passion is to be a trailblazer and do things that no one else has done before, and I believe this new company can help me provide that for my future team.</p><h2>3. How did you come to this decision?</h2><p>I have weighed my options and compared the financial benefits for consultants between the two companies, and the numbers were staggering. I also had to consider that the rules state I cannot be a Director with Pampered Chef and sell for another company at the same time, so I had to resign in order to make this transition and move up in the new company's leadership structure.</p><h2>4. When will your resignation be effective?</h2><p>My resignation was emailed last evening and will be effective on August 1st.</p><h2>5. Can you provide more information about your new company and plans?</h2><p>I am sorry, but my hands are tied in how much information I can give as I am trying to be respectful of The Pampered Chef, the home office staff, and ethical principles. However, please know that my decision was not made lightly and I believe it is a wonderful and exciting opportunity for myself and the team I am planning to build.</p>

1. Why did you resign from your directorship with Pampered Chef?

I resigned from my directorship with Pampered Chef in order to sell for another Direct Sales company where the commission rates, overrides & show averages are much higher at the consultant & leadership levels. This is a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership.

2. Are you quitting Pampered Chef altogether?

No, I am not quitting Pampered Chef. This is simply a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership. My passion is to be a trailblazer and do things that no one else has done before, and I believe this new company can help me provide that for my future team.

3. How did you come to this decision?

I have weighed my options and compared the financial benefits for consultants between the two companies, and the numbers were staggering. I also had to consider that the rules state I cannot be a Director with Pampered Chef and sell for another company at the same time, so I had to resign in order to make this transition and move up in the new company's leadership structure.

4. When will your resignation be effective?

My resignation was emailed last evening and will be effective on August 1st.

5. Can you provide more information about your new company and plans?

I am sorry, but my hands are tied in how much information I can give as I am trying to be respectful of The Pampered Chef, the home office staff, and ethical principles. However, please know that my decision was not made lightly and I believe it is a wonderful and exciting opportunity for myself and the team I am planning to build.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies