• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Riddle Me This.....why Is It That Amazon Can Use Smartpost and I Can

In summary, Amazon is able to use Smartpost due to their high volume of shipments and negotiated rates with carriers. As an individual or small business, you may not have the same bargaining power or volume of shipments to qualify for these rates. Unfortunately, Smartpost is not currently available for Pampered Chef orders, as they use a different shipping method. Smartpost is a shipping service offered by FedEx and USPS that combines efficiency and cost-effectiveness for residential deliveries. It may be slightly slower than other shipping methods due to the handoff between carriers, but can be a cost-effective option for less urgent shipments. There are also weight and size restrictions for using Smartpost, and it is only available for deliveries within the United States.
esavvymom
Staff member
Riddle me this.....why is it that Amazon can use Smartpost and I can get my products in 2-days, but Pampered Chef uses Smartpost and it takes 1-2 weeks?

I have an Amazon "Prime" account, so yes, I pay ~$80 a year for the 2-day shipping....it used to be straight-up FedEx. Now though, most of my packages come from the USPS via the Smartpost route...but I still get them in 2-days?!

Why can't Pampered Chef manage to get Smartpost to work just as well? Given the cost you still are paying for shipping. For what I pay with my Prime account (which we use A LOT), I know I'm paying more with a PC shipment than my Amazon.

Just bugs me and made me wonder. :)

Yes- I find Smart Post for me takes a couple days longer from PC. Maybe the difference depends on where you live.

I'm guessing location is the issue.

1. Why can Amazon use Smartpost and I can't?

Amazon has a high volume of shipments and has negotiated special rates with carriers for using Smartpost. As an individual or small business, you may not have the same bargaining power or volume of shipments to qualify for these rates.

2. Can I use Smartpost for my Pampered Chef orders?

Unfortunately, Smartpost is not currently available as a shipping option for Pampered Chef orders. We use a different shipping method to ensure timely and reliable delivery for our customers.

3. How does Smartpost work?

Smartpost is a shipping service offered by FedEx and USPS. It combines the efficiency of FedEx's network with the cost-effectiveness of USPS to deliver packages to residential addresses. FedEx transports the packages to the destination city or state and then hands them off to USPS for final delivery.

4. Is Smartpost slower than other shipping methods?

Smartpost may take a little longer than other shipping methods because of the additional handoff between carriers. However, it can be a cost-effective option for less urgent shipments.

5. Are there any restrictions on using Smartpost?

Smartpost has weight and size restrictions, so it may not be suitable for all types of shipments. Additionally, it is only available for deliveries within the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
  • NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • thehaleykitchen