• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Because of the Friendships That I Have Developed on This Board, I

Okay, well apparently the home office has decided to terminate my consultant agreement. I got a letter from fedex stating that they are choosing to terminate my agreement effective august 13, and to wrap up any shows that I have. Nothing I can do, and no one will tell me why. I asked over and over (bawling my eyes out like an idiot to Jan Capinegro, who was so nice, but firmly telling me there's nothing she can do and that they have the right...) why they decided to do that, and she just said "they have the right, and they're excersising that right". I don't know what to do. My intentions to be as ethical and by the book as I can have backfired apparently. Just heartbroken. I can't stop crying over this. I'm confused and stunned.

Jan did state that it is true that you can sell for two different companies, and that it has nothing to do with that at all. So theres another reason... but they won't tell me why.

Will I still be welcome here on CS? Or should I go from here too? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I am shocked too. I would think you could sell for both as I have said to you. No, you should not go from here. Send me an e-mail. Things are changing too fast really.

Laura I havent posted about you leaving but I am so sorry to hear that you have to leave PC. I really hope that they will tell you why. IMO I think you desrve to know. You will always be welcome on this site. Good luck with your new business

That is crazy!!!!! I'm pretty sure (Edited to add ... Actualy I am sure but just do not have time to look it up)it says right in the POP that you can do 2 companies. I'm sooooo sory this has happened to you!!! I would be demanding an explination!

WOW! Laura...I feel terrible for you!!! Has anyone else who decided to go with the other co. that is currently with PC experience the same thing?

WHAT? That ridiculous. I would not let this rest! (((Hugs)))...I'm so sorry!

Pampered Laura said:
Okay, well apparently the home office has decided to terminate my consultant agreement. I got a letter from fedex stating that they are choosing to terminate my agreement effective august 13, and to wrap up any shows that I have. Nothing I can do, and no one will tell me why. I asked over and over (bawling my eyes out like an idiot to Jan Capinegro, who was so nice, but firmly telling me there's nothing she can do and that they have the right...) why they decided to do that, and she just said "they have the right, and they're excersising that right". I don't know what to do. My intentions to be as ethical and by the book as I can have backfired apparently. Just heartbroken. I can't stop crying over this. I'm confused and stunned.

Jan did state that it is true that you can sell for two different companies, and that it has nothing to do with that at all. So theres another reason... but they won't tell me why.

Sorry to hear Laura - you were a great recruiter!

I cannot surmise why the termination of the agreement without knowing both sides. I would just have to assume that it is them doing what they think is best for PC and because of who you are signing under...maybe the fear is what you'll pull with you? Don't know - just guesses.

I'm sorry you have to leave PC - you are welcome to visit here and get your PC fix and help us here and if you need any PC products, I'll be more than happy to help you out... :D ...along with any recruit leads that want PC and not the "new" company. :rolleyes: ;)

...hey, got to make Leadership by January - it's my new goal!

By the way CS is independent from PC and as long as you are helpful, you've paid the fees and should be welcome here!

My question is: Was Tom terminated too? Do you think it's because you are posting about it here? Didn't she give you any clue? And... I'm confused. FedEx terminated your contract???

Okay that's 4 questions..:rolleyes:

BethCooks4U said:
My question is: Was Tom terminated too? Do you think it's because you are posting about it here? Didn't she give you any clue? And... I'm confused. FedEx terminated your contract???

No, she got the letter delivered by FedEx that HO terminated the contract... :p

OMG! That totally stinks! (I wanted to use a stronger word, but this is a family forum.)I'm speechless. Really. Don't know what to say. Sure they may "reserve the right blah blah blah" but why single you out?we still love and welcome you here, Laura!

That's crazy that they won't give you an answer!! :mad: There is a reason why & you deserve to know!!

janetupnorth said:
No, she got the letter delivered by FedEx that HO terminated the contract... :p
Okay. I re-read it and it still sounds like FerdEx is doing the terminating but I just got home after traveling for 2 weeks and am slap happy so that's my excuse for being so thick.:p

BethCooks4U said:
Okay. I re-read it and it still sounds like FerdEx is doing the terminating but I just got home after traveling for 2 weeks and am slap happy so that's my excuse for being so thick.:p

That's o.k. go with it (the excuse)! I drove around Chicago in my VAN last week without an issue, then what did I do, back into a brick pole on the way home in a parking lot!!!! My van is doing to be totalled even though it doesn't look bad. I understand thoroughly!!!! That's what happens without sleep... :eek:

BethCooks4U said:

My question exactly....all but the Fed-Ex one.:p

Laura,

Maybe contact your director or upline.. maybe they can shed some light on this for you...

OMG. That's horrible. Good luck in the new business thou.

Would someone mind emailing me the new company Laura is working for>[email protected] I might want to do a catalog show =) I am also sorry PC is treating you so poorly! What are they thinking?

pc ri lisa said:
What are they thinking?

I'm sure they are protecting the company for the rest of us. I know it seems odd from one perspective but I'm sure it is fair. I personally have been very impressed with PC as a company overall so far.

I just hope Laura can get that answers she needs from them to put her mind at ease and understand the decision, who made it and why.

Laura is motivated and talented and will do great in her new adventure! Her skills will be a loss for PC and a benefit for her new company.

WOW Laura. I speechless I really dont' know what to say now!! I am so sorry!!! Hoepfully it will all work out for the best... but that just doesnt' seem fair at all, we love you though!

Pampered Laura said:

Laura,

When you find out why, would you please let the rest of us know... this would be good info for the rest of us to have. Again, I'm so sorry this has happened!

Laura, I am so frusterated for you!!! You have done such wonderful things with PC! Just because you are choosing to sell for another company, they shouldn't assume that you will steal PC people/training for them (not saying this is what they said, just my assumption about their assumption)... you truly LOVE PC and nothing they do can/will stop it! What about your PC dollars? Will you get them in time to buy products, so you'll have something? and what about all your points? Haven't you already earned level 2? This is so frusterating!! I hope that you don't leave CS, as we all love you (and have a girl crush on you :p ;) ) and have learned so much from you! I wish there was a way you could fight this... can we sign a petition for you or anything?!?!?

finley1991 said:
Laura,

When you find out why, would you please let the rest of us know... this would be good info for the rest of us to have. Again, I'm so sorry this has happened!

I hope this didn't come across as insensitive... I just hope you can shed some light for the rest of us because there doesn't seem to be an explination for this and the rest of us should know just in case...

Have you been writing letters on Nancy's letterhead and wearing shirts from VIP?Sounds dangerous to do so.

Are you freaking kidding me? Are they so insecure that we all might leave PC to go to this other company? That is just crap! I'll write more later when I have a chance to calm down...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Have you been writing letters on Nancy's letterhead and wearing shirts from VIP?

Sounds dangerous to do so.
Smarta......lec!

Laura,I am very sorry to hear about what happened!

OMG, Laura I am sooooo sorry this is happening to you! I hope you have resolution about this soon! Take care and stay with us here at CS no matter what!!!

Oh Laura, I am sooo sorry to hear this. I can imagine the crying you've been doing, and am really sad that you have to go through this. I do hope you get it resolved (the reasoning for your termination) so at least there is some closure.

Please don't leave CS - we all value your posts, your wit, your humor, your black boots, your conga leadership, etc.

You'll be in my prayers...

BethCooks4U said:
My question is: Was Tom terminated too? Do you think it's because you are posting about it here?
I'm wondering the same thing.

Ooooh, Laura, I'm so sorry! I can't believe this is happening either! This just doesn't seem fair. If they didn't terminate him, but terminated you that makes no sense whatsoever.

That is totally unethical and unacceptable that they aren't giving you an explanation. How rude! I'm so sorry this is happening to you.......

Like everyone else, I'm so sorry this is happening. I know your intent was to abide by all the rules. I truly appreciate that.

Do you think that maybe because Tom is kind of "high profile" (one, because he's a successful man in this business and two, because he's just plain successful!) that HO was concerned? I don't know--just more guesses.

Big hugs, honey...chin up--it WILL all work out...maybe not how you thought it would, but it will!

Still so upset, I am freaking bawling my eyes out here on the phone. LOL. :( :rolleyes: so dumb, I know. I just don't feel like I've done anything wrong. If being honest and as ethical as I can be is grounds for termination then so be it. That's the way I'll go out.

To answer your questions - no - I was not the only one to have their agreement terminated, effective the same day. Not mentioning names, but no I'm not alone.

Yes, after the end of this month, I would have earned the Level 2 trip - a cruise for two. They confirmed now that I will lose the trip I earned because I won't be an active consultant at the time of the trip.

And, what's even more ironic, is that I have not even signed with another company as of yet. I knew my director resignation would go in to effect on August 1st, so I was waiting until August 2nd to sign up (so that I would not be considered a director and be signed up with another company at the same time. Didnt want it to overlap and have a conflict of interest or violate my agreement.)

The home office is very short with me, no answers, all just run-around, and very "legal"... just so impersonal and almost mean about it. Ugh. :(
So...God, I don't even know. Sigh.

My husband says this is the confirmation I needed, for multiple reasons. I still love PC with all my heart, but wow - this is a major eye opener. The Lord sure is funny sometimes with the things he lays in our laps. Isnt he? ;)

By the way - so who wants to sign me up in a year when my termination is out of contract? LOL j/k... ;)

Pampered Laura said:

WHAT?????
I don't understand!!!

OMG! That is not right. ESPECIALLY because you earned incentives that they are taking away from you now. Can they legally do that without giving you a reason? I used to love PC but I am getting pretty disillusioned these days after some of their activities.

Someone please email me what this new company is.

I'm so sorry Laura PC isn't giving you any reason why. I sure don't think that is right.

Pampered Laura said:
By the way - so who wants to sign me up in a year when my termination is out of contract? LOL j/k... ;)
I will, I will! I'd LOVE to have you on my team! How about we clone you?

*pout* so mad....

WTF????????????

Laura~

I am speechless!! I can only imagine how you are feeling and how much you would be crying due to all of this! I am sooooooo sorry that you are going through this....and that it seems so unjustified. Unfortunately, you will probably NEVER get the answers you are looking for. If Jan couldn't give them to you, I am not sure who else would or could. I am sure they are trying their best to cover their butts- legally for them terminating you and others....and as a company- trying to stop a slew of others from leaving PC to follow you guys.

For those of you who are getting a little skittish due to the recent changes in persons in PC know this: there are "shake ups" in every company that seem to come in waves. This company is still one of the BEST direct selling companies out there! There is room for all of us out there---just do what speaks to your heart...that's why I am here with PC and will stay here with PC.

Laura....my heart is just breaking for you over losing your trip and your consultant status. I really think they are making a HUGE mistake here, but of course we don't know what information they are using to base their decision on....

{{{{{{{{Lots of hugs to you}}}}}}}

One thing that comes to my mind.....when I was in the Tech Class @ conference, one of the "techies" read my CS badge - and said -"Oh - Chef Success - I read that site quite a bit"....and he was very knowledgeable about EVERYTHING that we talk about on here.........I'm thinking that maybe there was TMI given out by Laura, and it was seen as recruiting or attempting to recruit by HO people................nothing is really private, I think we are all beginning to realize that the last few weeks.

sigh, even if she was doing a recruiting spiel ....I am adult enough to make my own decisions....this reminds me of middle school when someone would say "she stole my friend from me" you cant steal people like that, they make up their own minds.....if someone leaves one company for another chances are they wanted to leave anyway! ok that's all just MHO! FWIW!

ChefBeckyD said:
One thing that comes to my mind.....when I was in the Tech Class @ conference, one of the "techies" read my CS badge - and said -"Oh - Chef Success - I read that site quite a bit"....and he was very knowledgeable about EVERYTHING that we talk about on here.........I'm thinking that maybe there was TMI given out by Laura, and it was seen as recruiting or attempting to recruit by HO people................nothing is really private, I think we are all beginning to realize that the last few weeks.

If this site was affiliated with PC then yes I could see that. However, since it is not, anything said here should not be used against a consultant. Besides, if they did read this site the company might be running a bit better because we all have some awesome ideas.

You're right, Jason - put us in charge and we'll have the place running like my watch.It's a precision timepiece twice a day.

Pampered Laura said:
Okay, well apparently the home office has decided to terminate my consultant agreement. I got a letter from fedex stating that they are choosing to terminate my agreement effective august 13, and to wrap up any shows that I have.

I just came in from working on the house and to this...

WOW! You know you are always welcome here.:)

Unfortunately, the "wave of changes" seems to be ongoing, with no end in site.

Laura, I am so sorry to hear of your "loss". It is a shame that you have to go through this.

I am speaking for myself, but I am sure that others would agree...you are welcome on this board forever and a day.

As much as I love PC, HO should be ashamed for taking away your trip Laura you earned that trip, shame on them.

I also feel they should be honest with you and give you there reasons. I wish you the best of luck and please keep us up to date on how things are going for you.

nikked said:
I've often wondered about this restriction, and didn't agree with it as a Director. Now that I know that TPC is the only company to have this requirement, I'm even more disappointed with it.

Thanks for the information!!!

Their not. I'm with another company, and they have the same restrictions when you reach Regional Vice President. In fact, you can't hold ANY other job when you reach that level.

mheat923 said:
sigh, even if she was doing a recruiting spiel ....I am adult enough to make my own decisions....this reminds me of middle school when someone would say "she stole my friend from me" you cant steal people like that, they make up their own minds.....if someone leaves one company for another chances are they wanted to leave anyway! ok that's all just MHO! FWIW!
I believe there is or was something about not being able to sign up people in your downline with PC into another company for a year. I'll have to see if anyone knows what I am talking about.

I could see that the info given by Laura would be seen as recruiting if the HO has someone on here that asked for a PM with the name of the company and got all the info she gave about everything else. Those of us that were just curious and love PC would like to get the info I did but it could be seen on the realm of discussing the recruiting.

I did see on the company's site they discuss hoping to have the name recognition like "Pampered Chef" does not that I would start anything new ever again but that was enough to reassure me PC is such a great company that they are trying to gain what PC already has.

rennea said:
As much as I love PC, HO should be ashamed for taking away your trip Laura you earned that trip, shame on them.

I also feel they should be honest with you and give you there reasons. I wish you the best of luck and please keep us up to date on how things are going for you.
Well said! She deserves her trip and to know why they are doing this!

Laura, I'm really sorry this has happened to you, and I'm sorry that you have not been able to get to the root of the problem. Without naming names, are the other consultants who were terminated also signing with this same company?

MomToEli said:
Laura, I'm really sorry this has happened to you, and I'm sorry that you have not been able to get to the root of the problem. Without naming names, are the other consultants who were terminated also signing with this same company?

I was just going to ask the same thing. What a sucky situation...

<h2>1. Why did you resign from your directorship with Pampered Chef?</h2><p>I resigned from my directorship with Pampered Chef in order to sell for another Direct Sales company where the commission rates, overrides & show averages are much higher at the consultant & leadership levels. This is a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership.</p><h2>2. Are you quitting Pampered Chef altogether?</h2><p>No, I am not quitting Pampered Chef. This is simply a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership. My passion is to be a trailblazer and do things that no one else has done before, and I believe this new company can help me provide that for my future team.</p><h2>3. How did you come to this decision?</h2><p>I have weighed my options and compared the financial benefits for consultants between the two companies, and the numbers were staggering. I also had to consider that the rules state I cannot be a Director with Pampered Chef and sell for another company at the same time, so I had to resign in order to make this transition and move up in the new company's leadership structure.</p><h2>4. When will your resignation be effective?</h2><p>My resignation was emailed last evening and will be effective on August 1st.</p><h2>5. Can you provide more information about your new company and plans?</h2><p>I am sorry, but my hands are tied in how much information I can give as I am trying to be respectful of The Pampered Chef, the home office staff, and ethical principles. However, please know that my decision was not made lightly and I believe it is a wonderful and exciting opportunity for myself and the team I am planning to build.</p>

Related to Because of the Friendships That I Have Developed on This Board, I

1. Why did you resign from your directorship with Pampered Chef?

I resigned from my directorship with Pampered Chef in order to sell for another Direct Sales company where the commission rates, overrides & show averages are much higher at the consultant & leadership levels. This is a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership.

2. Are you quitting Pampered Chef altogether?

No, I am not quitting Pampered Chef. This is simply a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership. My passion is to be a trailblazer and do things that no one else has done before, and I believe this new company can help me provide that for my future team.

3. How did you come to this decision?

I have weighed my options and compared the financial benefits for consultants between the two companies, and the numbers were staggering. I also had to consider that the rules state I cannot be a Director with Pampered Chef and sell for another company at the same time, so I had to resign in order to make this transition and move up in the new company's leadership structure.

4. When will your resignation be effective?

My resignation was emailed last evening and will be effective on August 1st.

5. Can you provide more information about your new company and plans?

I am sorry, but my hands are tied in how much information I can give as I am trying to be respectful of The Pampered Chef, the home office staff, and ethical principles. However, please know that my decision was not made lightly and I believe it is a wonderful and exciting opportunity for myself and the team I am planning to build.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies